1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you fit in the "stereotype"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lil boi, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Hrantou

Based on what many people have told me, No. To everyone who doesn't know, I'm just a nerdy straight guy. I fit no stereotypes other than just liking men. Sometimes I wish it was a little more obvious though because it might make getting guys to notice easier.

3. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Apparently I meet some stereotypes as people have asked him if i'm gay a lot in the past. I don't exactly have a feminine voice but it's definitely a little bit more than average. Oddly enough though I'm a baritone when it comes to singing. I don't meet the fashion stereotype at all. I do not pay enough to fashion and hygiene as I should. I don't meet the stereotype of trying to act all ghetto.

4. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

No not the gay one stereotype. I love sports and video games and I dont care about fashion.

5. Ceres

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was typing a reply to this then I saw that BonBon had written exactly what I was trying to say :slight_smile:
    I was always the tomboy of the group, and again, I was the only girl who played football with the boys at school and hated it when I had to wear a dress.
    I still enjoy football now and given half the chance I still run around playing sports with the boys, but the traits aren't as strong as when I was a child.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. I don't like a lot of things that seem to be gay 'requirements': Lady Gaga, Madonna, even Glee. They just don't interest me. And I loathe Abercrombie and Fitch, and their stupid stores that well-healed gay white men are supposed to flock to.

7. Lipstick Leuger

Sorta. I am a Femme Lesbian, so I usually pass for straight. However, I am a very strong outspoken woman, who has shorter hair, and loves Rugby. I played with the boys and grew up in a neighborhood of boys, so I have male friends. People never event know I am gay until I tell them, and then they assume, suddenly, that I am Butch. It irritates me so much.

8. DrkRayne

No. Not at all. Its hard because I have to constantly come out, and its annoying. I am considered lipstick/femme and I feel like people don't realize we exist :frowning2:

Not stereotypical:
    I have a Vera Wang purse/shoe/clothes collection that I adore.
    A makeup kit that rivals all others
    And I despise sports.
    I have mostly female friends
    I get my hair done weekly and a pedicure on a regular basis
    I drink "girlie" drinks and I'm not a fan of beer.
    I will NOT leave the house till my eyeliner is perfect and my hair is epic.

Stereotypical:
    I don't wear dresses....i just don't like how I feel in them.
    I have several hoodies that I do wear sometimes...I havent lately, but I do have them.
    I have a rainbow keychain!
    I work in a male dominated field (Information Technology)
    I have short-er hair. Only to my shoulders.
    I wear low heels, and not high heels, if possible
    I've been told I have a "swagger"

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2013 at 09:50 PM ----------

OMG YES! I thought my BFF was a lesbian when I met her, which is the ONLY reason were friends today...because I asked her out lol. We met in college when we were in a program for tutoring middle school children.

She reminds me of "Jane Rizzoli" from Rizzoli and Isles, and I've told her this. She plays every sport known to man (including softball), dresses in Tees and Hoodies, will chug a beer with the best of them. She has that "walk" that lesbian's adore.
    She drags me to hockey and baseball games with her. Has mostly males friends, except me...i could go on and on and on
    When my fiancee (then gf) first met her she hated her because she thought my friend had a thing for me. I had to explain she was as straight as they come..just a little butchy.

My sister and her husband to this DAY thinks my BFF is a closeted lesbian. I laugh so hard because people assume she is gay and not me. I'm like...no she is not gay, not in the closest. lol.

9. JakeHas

It all depends on the day for me! Some days I wont be at all, I'll seem perfectly straight no questions asked, but on other days, I tend to become more flamboyant (not badly, at all), talkative, and just my overall actions will show that fabulous side of me.
    It also depends on my happiness, if I'm happy or excited it will show, if I'm sad, neutral, or depressed it wont.

10. Projectfabulous

I had to quote this because I'm pretty much the exact opposite (as you can tell by my lovely username). I mean, I'm not super stereotype-y...My friends said that they thought I was gay, and when (before I was out) I denied I was gay, they thought I was just very feminine and being "matt"

11. 2112

Not at all.

12. kibeth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The first friend I told pointed out that my I dress a bit like her lesbian aunt (shirts with buttons, never where a dress if I can help it (only own 4 two of which are school uniform, always where my hair up in a pony tail or something other two I've worn once each)
    But I think it was more obvious when I was yonger, favorite activities included throwing a rugby ball around with my father and even wrestling with him. Always wore shorts and baggy shirts until about third grade. Then I grew up and "had to fit in" (I've been quite successful (sadly))

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nope, I never really fit, I gave up trying a long time ago...odd now people all want to be around me, weird.

14. Miss Loopy

The stereotype for bisexuals is greedy, iirc?

In which case... I'm going to have to admit it... I had two portions of cornflakes this morning... :frowning2:

15. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I appear very feminine but my interests and hobbies are not very feminine at all and I have difficulty relating to most women. For instance I work in a male dominated field.

#35 pokerface87, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  16. DrkRayne

HAHAHA love it!!!

17. Cerith23

No. I'm the innocent, goody-two shoes kid who always hands in her work on time and never drinks (apparently) and reads all the time (apparently). Yes, I have issues about this. Maybe I do lean towards guys more than girls, but I'm probably the 'straightest' seeming person you think you know.

18. NouvelleVague

Hahaha...
    I've been wondering whether I fit in the stereotypes and came to the conclusion that I didn't. When I came out to a new friend recently she just jumped and turned round to one of our common friends and shouted like "I KNEW IT !!!". So I asked her to explain, and she said I just don't wear nail polish, nor any make-up and I've got a can-do attitude that's just too gay.
    Like, she's straight, and she's got a gaydar.
    And I'm like "Damn. I feel like I'm obvious now...Is that good xD ?"

19. CheesyGoose

I'm not obviously gay. You know, there have been some situations where my friends have suspected something, but overall, I seem to come off as a straight dude. My gaydar is nonexistent, I literally don't know if anyone's gay, unless there's some ridiculously obvious signs coming from them.

20. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here. I think it's very hard to tell, and that 'gayday' is somewhat nothing more than wishful thinking, in many instances.