1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any writers out there?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DrkRayne, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Nothing wrong with writing some smut. :icon_bigg

2. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Well, i need more practice as im just 22 years old and my interest begun like 5 years ago, only gaining recurrence of practicing a year ago... I abandoned some novel, with was too ambitous for a beginner, i made some lame short stories...

Then i discovered the awesomeness of writing essays and articles, now i write about everything that comes to my mind... Also i try to use my writing as much as i can, that incluses writing in my diary about anything im going throught... I also like writing in forums like here at EC for example, althought here my limitation is that i can only write in english, but i can still share my thoughts and read other people's thoughts.

3. Hrantou

I've written a lot in my old high school days. Short stories, fantasy, sci fi. These days I try to write more seriously but real life gets in the way a lot. I try to write stories based on real life experiences I've had mostly based on my friends and family because to be honest, my family and friends do a lot of stupid stuff everyday that is hilarious, heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time. I'd love to publish one day. We'll see if that ever happens.

I know Amazon has a way for people to publish their own stories for people to freely download and read and enjoy all they like. When I get around to finishing something, Ima go there. Anyone else should too :slight_smile:

4. DanD

I have five ebooks on Amazon, Smashwords etc., and a fictional novel released a few months ago - I know they are only 50% of what I could produce, but my focus isn't there.

I'm working through the fourth edit of my current novel, really hoping for a publishing deal but expecting the worst - we'll see.:icon_sad:

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do, I tend to write sci-fi gothic.

6. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love creating stories for manga series and video games I conceptualize. My stories tend to have a lot of genres combined into one, most commonly action/adventure, horror, mystery, sci-fi, and fantasy, to name a few.

That being said, these stories are for video games and graphic novels, so other than getting the ideas/summaries down on paper there's not a lot of writing involved.

7. iHateThinking

I USED to write stories, but almost never now. Also used to be an avid RP-er. I haven't wrote creatively in so long, I think I forgot how to do it. :lol: Too many papers. I'd really like to get back into it, I miss crafting characters and plots... But I wouldn't know where to start.

I have some basic plot down for this graphic novel I really want to start working on, but I'm not at a point with my artistic progression that I could do it and make it look good. I don't even care if it were to get published or not, I'd just love to try something new and actually achieve a major goal. I've gotten ideas for a Mass Effect fanfic but I'm not sure how that would work.

On the upside, I'm an avid (and desperate) reader and would love to read what you guys write. I'm reading a High-Fantasy story an acquaintance of mine wrote and it's actually pretty good. Please. Give me your writing. Lol.

8. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I write fanfictions and romances, to be honest, my romances tend to contain a touch of *cough cough* smut :/

9. Gaymer13116

Gaymer13116 Guest

I like writing fantasy novels. I get my inspiration from books like Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin. I also will write horror, as I love Stephen King's work. I hope to one day aspire,and perhaps get my work published.

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How would one go about producing an ebook to sell? You mentioned being pessimistic about a publishing deal, and as far as I know, that's how it goes for pretty much everybody.

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am. Nothing fancy or anything. I started writing mostly in middle school when I was also starting to get interested in filmmaking, so I was roughly 11 or 12 when I entered the writers' realm on a few fanfiction based websites.

I disowned a lot of my works for being pitiful and horrid. The one piece I will say I have was done was started when I was I believe a sophomore in high school and was wrapped up at some point during my junior year. Stories, mainly fantasy/horror/supernatural were what I preferred to do, but when I had severe writers block (and was plagued with laziness), I shifted my attention to poetry which was the bulk of my work in high school.

I also made a few attempts at song writing, but since I'm not musically inclined or have an understanding of it, I kind of failed at that. Currently, along with a few stories, scripts and fanscript ideas I have on the back burner, I'm at work planning a musical (a crime/drama set somewhere between the 1920s-1980s in a NY prison).

12. Emulator

I write short stories whenever I get the inspiration to. I don't publish them anywhere, nowhere to.

13. thesharkamander

I like writing, but I don't have the patience to write anything remotely long so I generally just write one-page scenes.

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just realized I didn't post anything about me XD Right now I'm writing an overly ambitious sci-fi novel, and have a secondary project in the modern fantasy genre. Anyone who wants a sample to read/review, message me! I'd jump at the chance for good criticism.

^^On that last note, should we have a section where we can post/share excerpts? No outside contact info needs exchanging in order to do that.

15. DerScott

I write for a living but I haven't figured out his site enough to see where you original posting is located; so I don't know what else you asked in the body of your msg.

16. Californiacoast

I am a writer. I have been published in magazines, so technically an author. I am working on two non-fiction books. Recently, I jumped into screen writing. It is so much fun! I can go to a coffee shop and write for hours on a screen play and not even realize time is passing.

17. Sparklet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Becoming a writer was always my biggest dream. I used to write poetry and short stories. Now my head is full of all these new ideas but every time I try to write something I get stuck after first few words and it's so frustrating... So now I just spend my time reading tons of fanfiction.

18. rin101

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yo is this thread still going on cause I'd really love to meet some writers
    I've finished three novels, and am working on a six-book series at the moment. I'm really all about fantasy and drama. Currently, I'm an arts management major, but someday, I'd like to live off my writing.

19. Miss Loopy

Yeah, I've won stuff with BBC and the likes. One company asked me to produce a mini-script for a TV series to see if they could invite me to some young writer's scheme, but it was mid-way between my AS levels so I never got the opportunity (Oh the days when January exams existed.)

In English A-level I got 98% in my creative writing. My teacher strongly recommended I follow it, I'd have liked to do it at degree level, but I didn't feel I was good enough to. I know a lot of unsuccessful writers who are far greater at story telling than I.

It's a shame, it's enjoyable.

20. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

I do a lot of beta work for aspiring writers. Where do you post your fanfic? Are you allowed to post a story title here that I can google?