1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what comes after the coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by geeney1111, Oct 7, 2013.

1. geeney1111

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So i came out 6 months ago after a tearful night splitting up with my boyfriend. I then told my friends and family that i'd spent the last 10 years feeling that I am probably bi. Problem is that I didnt meet anyone, didnt fall in love, I just have an inkling to go on. It feels like i've done it a bit backwards. Dont most people fall for someone of the same sex and then feel the need to come out?

I guess what i'm trying to say is that I'm struggling with everything that comes after. The coming out was wonderful, and liberating and its amazing being able to be truly honest with my friends. I spent so long worry about the 'telling everyone' part I forgot that it meant being single again and starting from scratch. Starting in a dating world where I dont know the rules. Its all a bit scary. What should be a time for feeling free and liberated instead is a time for feeling scared and nervous.

Has anyone else felt this way? I know everything happens in its own time but I guess i'm feeling impatient and my friends keep on asking if i've met any 'nice girls' lately and the answer is always nooooo.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Straight people don't need to have a specific person in mind to be attracted to members of the opposite sex, you don't need to have a specific girl!

Dating can be a scary thing anyway, I would try to remember that it would STILL be potentially scary even if you were going after guys!

3. sigillumdiaboli

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Jeez I wish I coulda thought of this retort over the weekend when I told my cousin :frowning2:

4. geeney1111

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ahhh thanks. I guess I just need to relax about it all, thats easier said than done! I'll get there

5. LILuke

Substitute "girl" for "boy" and I think I might take this advice. :slight_smile: