1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on the legalization of weed?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Oct 1, 2013.

?

Legalize marijuana?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2013.
  1. Yes

64 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Don't know/don't care

11 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. FreeFlow9917

I have watched a lot of Drugs Inc. and i will have to be honest if we legalize weed (opinion, never taken it) we could have a drop in drug trafficking in certain parts of the U.S. and help stop a portion of crime in the U.S. and other countries. This would also stop drug lords and other nefarious criminals from producing profit

---------- Post added 5th Oct 2013 at 02:17 PM ----------

It's also healthier than alcohol, proven by CDC and others, but this is my opinion i have never used and never will in my life, this article looks at alcohol v. cannabis.

Alcohol or Cannabis? No Question Which Substance Poses a Greater Risk to Health | Paul Armentano

2. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I picked don't know/don't care, but really I'm more like 'sure, why not?' I don't smoke at all but if others want it and it's not hurting anybody, then fucking go for it. Fight for your right to burn plants and feel all fuzzy inside. They're doing it anyway, they just don't want to go to jail for it. So yeah...I don't have much to say about it. Good luck with that potheads. :slight_smile:

3. smokey-knows-all

i dont smoke weed so it doesnt affect me

4. Yeah, most drug trades and businesses are usually dealing weed. The ones that deal coke, crack, speed, and E are in the minority. Legalizing weed would put an end to these businesses. Also, alcohol and cigarettes have been legal for quite some time and everyone isn't drinking our livers to waste or burning our lungs out with cigs.

5. Destabilise

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I reckon if it was legalised and taxed it could go two ways; help the economy a lot, and by a lot, I mean a LOT. Or, it could make drug dealers even richer when people realise "hey this shit is legal and I can get it cheaper from these guys"

6. Pocky

It would have to be cheaper than the illegal stuff to compete.

By the way, weed smoke still affects your lungs. You know the black stuff which accumulates at the bottom of a bong? Yeah, I was coughing that up for months when I quit.