1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did any bisexuals later came out as gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by momart, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Buffy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There's nothing "easy" about being bisexual since bi's catch intense rejection from hets and from gays. Especially does this seem to be true among lesbians, although there's also a strong anti-bi bias among gay men too. Too many of us can't accept that a man can be eager to fellate a hot man into a frenzy, and then make love to a hot woman a week later! As for "settling down" with kids, lots of gays, lesbians, and bi's have kids, so what's the issue here? It's disheartening that so many in the LGBT community still persist in the luxury of picking each other apart in this day and age.

2. waitingfordawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I did the reverse. A year and a half ago I came out as a lesbian. This was after months of confusion and anxiety and questioning myself admitting that I liked girls, both to myself and to others, felt too absolute. I wasted months second-guessing myself because I felt pressure from both sides, both straight and gay, to just pick a side. So I did.

This summer, I came out as bisexual. I think the entire time I tried to form an identity as gay I knew something was wrong. I cared too much what other people thought, but what are you supposed to do when your best friend and even your own mother, the people I am closest to and trust the most, tell me bisexuality doesn't exist? Don't force yourself to do or say or feel anything that feels inauthentic to you. Also, attraction can change, and diminish, and morph. I've decided to just go with how I feel instead of overthinking everything. I've never been happier.

#22 waitingfordawn, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  3. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ^This.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a keeper.

5. luvvariety

I'm certain that I am bi, my desires seem to coincide with my monthly hormones.

6. I also did the reverse. Came out to myself as lesbian with issues when I was 17, then bisexual at 18. Now I'm all over the spectrum depending on the day.

7. MinusK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought I might have been bi until I realised like seconds later that I didn't like women though, doesn't really help you but I'm pretty sure lots of people were bi then came out as gay c:

8. momart

I am prepared to come out as questioning. I have no idea what I am because every day I tend to feel differently too. I am trying not to focus on it too much and let myself experience things naturally and do what makes me comfortable. So maybe I should come out as fluid. It's a bit more liberating I think... ^^"

9. UG Scorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am bi but defo lean more towards gay its hard to come out as bi I think

10. Tyler1

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fell into the catergory of thinking I was bi when I first disocvered my attraction to men. I think it made is easier for about six months but really I knew after my first sexual experience with a man that I was gay. Within six months straight to bi to 100% gay! I guess I was fooling myself all the while. I am much happier totally identifying as gay. I don't discount that some people are truly bi, I just wasn't one of them.

11. biggayguy

:grin: It was much later for me.

12. Colours

I've felt the same, I believed that I was bisexual for several months, and I remember feeling good about it, but very vague at the same time. Like something was off. Well, that happened to be my attraction towards women.

13. fortheloveoflez

I did come out as bi first but it was really because at the time I thought I was bi. I'm not though, I'm just a lesbian. To this day I'm not a hundred percent sure what that stage was: whether it was some small time frame in my life where I was slightly bi or if it was severe denial and confusion. I think it was serious denial.

14. momart

do bisexuals tend to have attractions that constantly fluctuate? Some days I am full on sure I am a lesbian and all my social anxiety and emotional disorders manifested themselves in the form of denial but then I'll find myself wanting a guys attention, wanting to kiss a guy. And it's constantly switching....

15. mvjp

im constantly flicking and changing been feeling very lesbian lately but 2 years ago almost married a man