1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

celebrity crushes

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by HopeFloats, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All right, here's another batch of 5, probably in this order:

James Garner (college football player turned actor, how could he not?):
    http://image.toutlecine.com/photos/v/a/l/valse-des-truands-1969-02-g.jpg

Robert Urich (RIP, he passed away so early from cancer, he was in "Vegas" TV, classically handsome guy):
    http://liambluett.com/wp-content/uploads/media/2010/10/Robert-Urich-new.png

John Gavin (saw "Pyscho" for the first time about two years ago - move over quickly, Rock Hudson (RIP), who was of the same era):
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UaLWp72nij4/TAcAnYrYqrI/AAAAAAAANg4/tpjS9AMtaTw/s400/john-gavin.jpg

Christopher Mayer (RIP, he was on "Dukes of Hazzard" and never realized how good looking he was until I read he passed and they had a photo spread - looks a little too Travolta-like in some pictures - obit talked about what a good guy he was):
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xJTaftLFaS8/TwvC_sEUfOI/AAAAAAAA0qk/GEQle_eHNb8/s1600/Christopher+Mayer%252C+American+actor.jpg

Richard Gere (80s and 90s version, he has a real unique look):
    http://freewallpaperspot.com/wallpapers/a1-richard-gere-wallpaper-3.jpg

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You mean Baron von Fun? *huge smile* Oh, absolutely! Although *strictly* in a pre-adolescent romance/fantasy sort of way. Nothing remotely real.

I've never seen Keira in anything that turned me cold on her. I could get *very* real with her, LOL. (That said, I am extremely cold about the writing and plot in the Pirates movies beyond the first...but not on her *smile*.)

3. Before I accepted my queer side - Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Peter Pan, Will Smith, guy from My girl 2, Johnny Depp, Jay Hernandez (He is sooooo beautiful), Josh Duhamel etc

After accepting - Megan Fox and pretty much any girl with a pretty face and nice body

ps. KD land is fascinating so is Courtney Love

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are many beautiful women in the media I could put up here. If they, or facsimiles thereof, chatted me up, asked me to go for coffee, and then asked to me go over to their place, I would accept. But between the fact that I'm not in their league in terms of looks and wallet thickness, I can't expend the energy to get too worked up over them. So, when I hear guys go on and on about Jessica Alba, I think to myself "Keep dreaming."

I have had better luck with handsome guys in ... ahem ... short-term situations. There was such an event with a guy I dubbed "Greek James Garner." He was exactly my height, in his early to mid 40s, originally from Greece, divorced, and slightly resembled James Garner. My friend saw this guy and said "good call" on the assigned name. Let's just say it was an encounter I won't easily forget.

5. ormanout

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  6. RedR

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Chris Evans is hot... but Matthew Lillard holds some sex appeal to me. He looks like my first boyfriend!

7. sigillumdiaboli

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sarah Michelle Gellar

8. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Queen Latifah
    Esme from Twilight
    Jaime Lee Curtis
    Juliette Binoche

9. Ticklish Fish

right now asian celebs are:
    Daniel Henny and Choi Siwon

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pictures, please.

11. TorreyGlory

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Male: Davy Jones and Neil Tennant.
    Female: Ladyhawke, Little Boots, most of Girls Aloud, and that hot bass player in Jebediah (Aussie band)

12. Biotech49

Kristy McNichol when I was young but KD Lang and the character Idgy from Fried Green Tomatoes when I was already married with kids.

13. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I can admit now I saw all of her movies in the theater. And yes had the album she did w/her brother Jimmy. Wow! Just feel gayer everyday! :slight_smile:
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

14. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Finally remembered her name: Sela Ward. 1st saw her on the show Sisters in 90s -More recently she was on House. She's totally gorgeous. Stunning!

15. ChloeAllison

My first was Allison Mack :slight_smile:

Oh and as a dancer, I both admired and crushed on Izabella Minko.

16. biggayguy

#36 biggayguy, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  17. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's throw in some good looking Jewish celebs.

Paul Michael Glaser, when younger:
    http://celebheightslists.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Paul-Michael-Glaser.jpg

Ken Olin, when younger:
    http://www.esacademic.com/pictures/eswiki/75/Ken_Olin.jpg

Today, they look like people you'd pass by at the supermarket and may not notice, except that they have a lot more money. Bless Paul Michael Glaser's heart for being supportive of his late wife Elizabeth Glaser, who contracted HIV through a contaminated transfusion, and for any help he has given to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.

18. XXXbiboy42

XXXbiboy42 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    when I was ten Elliot in ET and the Dukes of Hazzard men at 23 Leonardo DiCaprio he was boyishly cute back then

19. Ah, how can I forget Leonardo DiCaprio. He was so dreamy in Romeo & Juliet.

20. wanderinggirl

I didn't really have crushes on celebrities either, but I do remember Tracy Chapman and Aaliyah (in a sports bra and baggy pants in the "Are You That Somebody" music video...) as celebrities I was, ahem, really into. I listened to and watched a lot of videos of the Spice Girls, Britney Spears, and Destiny's Child. Also Shania Twain in this video, again with the baggy jeans: Shania Twain - Forever And For Always (With Willie Nelson) - YouTube. One guy i did really like was Shawn from Boy Meets World, but mostly because i wanted to get my hair cut like his...

I was such a 90s kid.

What always confused me growing up was when I would see a movie with friends and they'd all come to the conclusion that Josh Hartnett/Leonardo Dicaprio/Jonathan Taylor Thomas/Matthew McConahey was "soooo hottt". I just never saw it, and it was as if I was missing this big inside joke that all of the girls my age were in on.

Also, since I tend to like more androgynous/masculine-of-center women, the TV celebrities were hardly more interesting to me than the men. So that's why I never really developed big celebrity crushes, and maybe why I took longer to develop a sense of my sexual orientation as well.