1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very weird question.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gregarity, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Gregarity

Hah I've been dead on here for a while I'm sorry

So okay this has be a bit worried and I was hoping maybe some of you know if this is natural or something to look in to.
    I don't usually look at my dick, okay? It's just something that doesn't happen. But a few weeks back when I did around the head there was this black ring? About a quarter inch thick going all the way around. The color reminds me of a bruise but it's not sore. I'd say it's been a month since I found it and who knows how long it's been before that.

Aaaaand that's really all to say? I just wanna make sure that this is something I shouldn't have a heart attack over.

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suggest looking at your dick more often. It's good to be acquainted with yourself.

Could you have somehow cut off the circulation?

3. RawringTiger

I agree with Steve
    But not looking at your dick? how will know if its big small or working
    Just look at it every time it feels right

4. Incognito10

If it is colored like a bruise (bluish), it is most likely a vein or vessel. Do your veins tend to be visible on other parts of your body?

5. Gregarity

Omgf Steve and Tiger excuse me for not lookin at my shlong

Incognito, l don't have -really- prominent veins, so l don't think it's vessels/veins.

6. Ridiculous

How long ago was it that you last looked before you noticed it? If a dark marking showed up quickly (over a few days or a week) then it's probably indicative of some damage or something else that has gone wrong, but if it has gradually appeared over a long period or has always been there it may just be a 'feature' of your penis and nothing to worry about. Regardless, if it doesn't hurt and isn't affecting your dick's ability to function then it is likely nothing to worry about.

Ring markings around the penis aren't that uncommon, although they are usually related to circumcision scars. These may become more apparent as your penis develops during puberty.

You should look and examine your body (everything, not just your dick) and keep familiar with it so you recognise if something changes.

7. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The first thing that came to my mind was circumcision scars. And it's normal to look at your dick. A lot of guys do it. Many more than what you think.

8. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew a guy once that had a birthmark on his dick that was basically a ring around it so it could be something like that. I definitely don't know much about the subject though considering I'm a girl (and a lesbian at that!). I don't think it's much cause for worry though if nothing feels different.

9. Tic Code

Circumcision scars tend to be kind of brownish colored, but it does sound like what you describing. Some sound advice -- look at your penis every once and a while, just to make sure nothing's wrong. This way you know what's normally there and what's not. If you were circumcised, I'm almost sure that's what it is. If not, then I'm not entirely sure.