Gay dating apps/sites - why are all the gays looking for fun?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Is there a reason. There's gotta be some guys on there like me where fun is the last on they mind. If I was looking for fun I'd have no problem but I just couldn't. I'd rather wait till the right guy comes along which may take awhile.

But these guys don't understand and there everywhere

Why is all the gay dating app and site guys only looking for sex? I ve tried a few apps with all the sane results, even some who claim to be only for dating and long term.

I'm just sick

2. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I think it is just the nature of guys, even when they say they just want to be friends, that they really want sex. Not all of them, but a lot of them. I think that sex for some people is something they want to "get out of the way". For others they just want a one night stand type of thing.

I kind of wish I knew some other people like me I could be friends with. All I can say is keep looking and push away the people who just want sex.

3. Beware Of You

They are intended for hook-ups.

There are other dating sites out there, a couple of good free ones that are full of people looking for a relationship, I found my boyfriend on one , it was worth it.

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I find it inpossible

I've tried most if not all the ones I can find

5. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Maybe you should create your own app for friends only. :> I'll be your first friend!

6. PyroSpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Because guys are horny as hell.

7. monotone

I would, but I have zero programming skills.

8. Fiddledeedee

From what I hear, men on the straight apps are pretty similar.

9. Pocky

It's not the sex, but the sex with strangers part that gets me.

Hookup apps have their place and the same thing happens with straight people. It just seems as if there is no alternative for gay guys who are after more than a hookup.

What is it that makes long-term relationships in the gay world so difficult to attain?

10. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess it's just lack of infrastructure as I'm sure there is loads of gay people wanting long term relationships it's just difficult for them to find each other.

11. Beware Of You

Hookups aren't for everyone, personally I enjoy them I find the mystery of them a turn on.

12. LILuke

I don't think this is fair at all. Sure there are some guys like that, but there are girls like that too, it's nothing inherent to masculinity.

Honestly, I think it's because the way the apps have been used in the past has been so predominantly by people looking for hookups rather than relationships so people THINK that's all they're for, and people who are looking for relationships don't use them - leaving only the people who just want a quick hookup.

13. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They are all like that. Have you tried the ones where you pay? I hear those are better at finding relationships

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If by "fun" you mean "sex", then yes, most sites involve people looking for "fun". :slight_smile: Why? It's a much easier need to fulfill. It's a bit like the difference between looking for "a fantastic steak dinner with a perfectly prepared baked potato and other sides" and "food". Think of how many places one can get "food" compared to places you can get an ideal steak dinner. Yeah, the "food" might be quick and kinda greasy and leave you feeling "hungry" again an hour later, but it does what it's supposed to do. And there's nothing wrong with that, in my book.

Yes, there are people out there looking for steak dinners. You'll just have to make it clear that that IS what you're looking for. If you're on a site where most of the photos are naked, or dick size in prominently mentioned in many profiles, then you're probably in the wrong spot. :slight_smile: And yes, the pay-sites tend to be somewhat better. The sheer fact of paying an entrance fee dissuades most of the people just looking to get their rocks off.

Lex

15. LILuke

This is simultaneously the most perfect metaphor I've ever read, and the most horribly tortured analogy I've ever read. xD

16. 461 467

The problem is that you are using hookup apps. That's what they are all about, and it would be foolish to expect any more. Try a proper dating website if you want to find a date. (Dating sites aren't perfect, but you should at least find better results.)

17. Hrantou

To repeat: 99% of those appps are just for hooking up. Good luck finding a relationship on hook up apps.

Proper dating sites are more tuned for relationships, but even then you're gonna find people who just wanna rip your underwear off. Still, it can be a good way to meet people if you're careful.

EDIT: Sorry. Shoulda left the name of the app out. But I'm sure we all know it anyway xD

18. iBlakexo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I often think the exact same thing about those apps, almost every profile is 'just looking for fun' to some degree. I have even received multiple NSA hookup requests from profiles that explicitly state that they are looking for friends or a relationship only. Even my gay friends (none of whom are close) that i have met through college and seem quite normal in everyday life have sneaky profiles that they use to hookup with random guys around town.

I feel as though i am the only guy (at least in my city) who puts fun toward the back of my priority list when looking for partners. Much like you said, i would have no trouble finding fun if i wanted to, but i would rather wait for a guy who i am romantically interested in to come along which will probably take forever!

19. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

There really expensive and usually subscription based

20. Pocky

Anyone else get kinda self-concious when you see some of the other guys on these apps?

I recently put a pic up and only got hit on by old men :frowning2: