Birthday present for my ex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by haterade, Sep 25, 2013.

1. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    After almost half a year of not talking, I reached out to my ex to be friends again. Turns out he missed me and would like to be friends, also. I was the one who messed up the relationship, I did some pretty shitty things to him. I instantly regretted it because he's the only person I really care about.
    Anyways, he wants to be friends and "see where it goes". He says he doesn't know what he wants yet, but I have a pretty strong feeling that we will date again. His birthday is coming up soon, and I want to get him a meaningful and sweet present to make him happy. He mentioned he needed new flannels, so it's a no-brainer to buy him one. I was also thinking of making him cookies and buying him a season of our favorite show on DVD. Do you think this is thoughtful or overkill? :help:

2. penguin machine

I think it's sweet. Those are wonderful presents from anyone, friend OR girlfriend. They'll go a long way to showing him you care.

I don't even get cake for my birthday anymore >_>

3. i wouldnt go to ott, i would personally just get him one thing not 3 as you are only just friends again it might come off the wrong way.

idk thats just me though.

4. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The thing is though I feel like we are playing this game where I need to prove myself again. I just want to shower him with affection and show him that I deserve a second chance. I think that's why he is allowing us to be friends, because normally he finds it very hard to be just friends with me. Maybe I will just do two things? I don't know. Ahhh.

5. Mister Gaga

I'd say go for the three gifts. They're sweet. The cookies for the present, the DVDs for the medium term and the flannels for the long-term :grin:

Hoping you the best for your possible future relationship.