1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Etak, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a very complex topic for me.

I look at women and pretty ones, especially certain types, catch my eye. I seem to be able to easily pull out a shallow ranking on the "10" scale system. My interest has waned due to some bad experiences and because I don't see the A to B connectivity for sex that I do with men. By that, I don't mean the connectivity of parts, but being chatted up or given the green light for sex and being told that they found you attractive and/or likable. The bad experiences have to do with a few key rejections along the way and also some mismatched interest which caused angst for both parties - again, me being rejected, or me having to reject someone. I still hold some grudges over these events, but shouldn't because they probably weren't meant to be.

As far as sex goes, like I've said before, the plumbing was designed to fit and it works. Vaginal intercourse is definitely enjoyable and the frontal aspects of an attractive woman (face, breasts, thin waist) are stimulating. What is not stimulating is waking up to "I want to talk about how you feel or where this is going." That takes time for me and being rushed is a surefire way for me to check out and disappear. What I would have much rather woken up to is a woman who was easy-going, leaned over and started kissing on me, said "that was fun last night," yanked my equipment, and said "Let's figure out where we're going to go for breakfast." It never worked that way.

Shallow as it may be, the quantity and quality of what was available to me in guys, even if for a fling, was higher than the equivalent in women. A real neediness (horniness) and sense of urgency was conveyed. The sex had more of a reciprocal quality, if it was good sex, rather than having to do all the work. I liked that it had a real active and sporty quality about it.

I passed up on a couple of opportunities to get married. I had experiences such a playing doctor with girls prior to puberty and one is just a kid then. My first experience when past puberty was with a friend, with whom I am still friends today. Then he brokered that experience with an adult during the senior year of high school. This gave me performance anxiety because it preceded doing it for the first time with a girl, which was ultimately enjoyable because she gave the green light and, being sort of promiscuous, she didn't have many hang ups. However, because of cumulative experiences, I wondered if I could be loyal. Maybe I could have been in the short-term, but possibly not in the long-term.

I have inadvertently or deliberately lost quite a few women friends along the way for a variety of reasons. I've kept the ones that are best for me, and where I'm a good friend to them, but don't want to add many others. That's something I prefer not to deal with right now. It's easier to hang out with guys, as friends.

2. Dodsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :eusa_clap Great minds think alike.:thumbsup: This pretty much sums up the way I feel. Sure it's hard not noticing if someone's attractive, whether you're attracted to them or not, but it does nothing for me.

3. I love women, just not like that. lol

4. Becki

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the same as you! Only I'm not as grossed out as you seem to be :icon_wink
    I think I could be with a guy romantically but never sexually. There is a guy who I'm sure I could be with if I was straight, but women are my thing. I could never be in a relationship with a man.