1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Innate Bisexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elian, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Yeah. I don't just prefer girls over guys. I only like girls, not guys. I don't know why it is so hard for you to accept that not everyone is like you.

2. Elian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have said, people just "prefer" this more than that.

---------- Post added 20th Sep 2013 at 06:51 PM ----------

Don't judge. Some of you hold your own thoughts firmly. I have mine. I don't try to change others' mind, neither should you; but just share my thoughts.

I see this like interests. You have a strong interest for a subject, but you can't say you won't like another subject if you have disliked it at the first place. Without dislikes or hatred, people's mind is more clear and understandable that can lead to understanding of my thoughts in one aspect.

#22 Elian, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

But it's not just a preference. Some people only like one sex or the other.

4. Elian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In you perspective, you see it in this way. In mine, it is just that those people who "
    "extremely prefer" that sex. It depends on how we perceive or interpret it. You know what I mean.

Different interpretation makes people think differently. So do I, many people believe in multi-sexuality who didn't know the word for it and described it "innate bisexuality". But I think people will come to know more about some of our (who believe in Innate Multisexuality) thoughts when it is public.

#24 Elian, Sep 20, 2013
  5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Your perspective is only relevant in describing your own experience. You don't have the right to tell other people that they only "extremely prefer" one sex over the other, when they identify themselves as being exclusively attracted to one sex over the other.

6. Elian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have your says, I have mine. Neither do I - or people share my thoughts - will agree with you.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Nobody is telling you how to identify yourself. However you are trying to tell other people how they must identify themselves. That is the difference.

8. Elian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so you think sharing my thoughts to people who try to identify themselves (sexual preference) is wrong, but you want them to accept your way of self-identity to be in a certain category (sexual orientation) is right? Is this what you meant?

Attention: I like to discuss, but not to argue.

Moreover, whoever accept either of these thoughts are fine at the end. They still can find the lifelong companions if they try hard to find. The truth will remain at the end. Who knows is this or that the truth after thousands of years? Usually, famous painters are rewarded after their death.

#28 Elian, Sep 20, 2013
  9. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't understand what you're trying to say. I don't try to like vaginas. I don't try to dislike them, either. I don't find them attractive or repulsive. I hardly even think about them, and when I do it's probably not in a sexual context. How would you analyse my situation with your theory of multi-sexuality?

Ah, I see what went wrong now. You're making a mistake here. Being homosexual entails being sexually and romantically attracted to men and not women, but does not entail being sexually and romantically attracted to all men. In other words, if I say "I am homosexual," I am not saying "I would totally bang and marry any man." Likewise, being bisexual entails being sexually and romantically attracted to males or females (in the inclusive sense of "or"), but does not entail being sexually or romantically attracted to all males and all females. Sexual orientation describes the gender attractions people have; pansexuals have no particular gender attractions (they can fall for anyone), and asexuals have no attractions whatsoever. Sexual orientation does not describe any particular person's sexual preferences in their entirety. As you say, there are other factors in which people diverge. Orientation is a useful concept nonetheless, despite what you say.

That is an inaccurate caricature. I don't accept your theory of multi-sexuality because all of the arguments and evidence you've brought forth to support it have proven flimsy and problematic. Nor would it cause any sort of identity crisis in me, for your theory does not describe me; I am not multi-sexual, as I am not attracted to females or animals, but only males. Also, I've already explained how your argument from "uncertainty" seems wrong, and I wish you would address that criticism before repeating it verbatim as if it were totally untouched.

Erm ... this attempt at an evo psych explanation doesn't really work. Sexual reproduction evolved as a method of reproduction which increased the genetic diversity of the population; adaptations take much longer in organisms which reproduce asexually. Anyhow, the important bit of information which you are missing is that sexual behaviour in humans and other animals heavily involves the brain and psychological processes, which evolved long (very long) after sexual reproduction did. We have no residual bacterial "instincts," because bacteria don't have instincts. You really shouldn't make this sort of speculation if you have no training in evolutionary biology.

Bisexuality includes everyone who has sexual and romantic feelings for both genders, not just people whose attractions are divided equally. Bisexuality does not entail equal attraction to both genders, but only some amount of attraction to both genders.

Again with the caricatures. I, and I imagine it's the same for others here, am not "afraid of unknowns." I spend much of my time thinking about things which I do not understand, in the hope of understanding them. I've applied some thinking tools to your idea, and have decided that it is, at least as you present it, not sound.

Now, assuming you feel attraction to women and are not simply speculating that you "might," you are bisexual with a stronger attraction to men than women. What is wrong with saying that, exactly? Why posit some pseudo-scientific theory?

People change over time because our brains are plastic (no, not made of plastic; plastic as in moldable) within a certain range. Homosexuality does not entail liking penises, believe it or not; it only entails being sexually and romantically attracted to men to the exclusion of women. However, the range within which change can occur is not unlimited. It is logically possible that a self-identified 100% gay guy such as myself will someday marry a woman and have passionate sex with her 50 times per day, but then it's also logically possible for the sun not to rise on September 20th, 2023, or that the bogeyman will put holes in all of my socks while I'm not looking. All three are incredibly improbable.

#29 Steve712, Sep 20, 2013
  10. It's one thing to have a certain belief and want to share that belief. It is another thing to tell me that I am wrong about my orientation. You do not get to make that judgement. You are using your own experiences and projecting it onto everyone else.

11. Elian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

#31 Elian, Sep 20, 2013
  12. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everything is inherently uncertain. It's just that some things are more probable than others. Your theory of multi-sexuality is improbable, for reasons that I've already explained twice.

I'm not sure what either quote is supposed to mean in this context, but if you're talking about sexuality, then you definitely are talking with me about biology. Besides that, you did bring up evo psych, no? Anyhow, I really wish you would address the substance of my posts rather than react to them emotionally. I'm not interested in dancing around, I want to talk about substance.

Can I explain why bicuriosity exists? I could guess, I suppose, but I won't because I don't see the particular value in that. Though I will say that bicuriosity is completely compatible with a theory of sexuality which includes orientation. Does your theory explain it better? Maybe, but it doesn't explain anything else very well, so that would be a bit of a red herring.

I'm not trying to offend you, and I'm not playing games. I'm pointing out problems in the theory you've posited so that we can both arrive to a more accurate conception of sexuality. Surely if you developed a theory, you want it to be accurate? And if you do, then surely you would welcome thoughtful criticism? And if, in the end, your theory has so many problems that it doesn't seem that it would ever work, you would feel compelled to abandon it? If the answer to all of those is "No," then I really do have to wonder why you brought this up in the first place.

13. Elian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

14. What? Are you seriously saying that transwomen are just gay guys who want to have a better shot with men? There is just so much wrong with that, I don't even know how to address it.

15. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

#35 Steve712, Sep 20, 2013
  16. Night

Night Guest

To which, for the third time, I say you're wrong.

It's not even opinion, you are just simply incorrect.

17. aznboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Elian: Just drop it. People should be free to define themselves however they see fit, and since you neither have data more any other scientific data to prove your point that most people are 'innately bisexual', it'll be hard to convince people.

So long as they don't start doubting bis' existence...

18. Elian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The most terrible response: "you are just simply incorrect". Denying others won't give you anything good.
    "Sexual orientation" and "innate bisexuality" are not for me. You have different thoughts and beliefs than I do. Don't try to change others' thoughts. It is to adapt and intergrate instead of to destroy and to make others to adapt to you. I agree there are people who "pefer" one than another, but a different thought which "innate multisexuality" plays the role.

It is just a different view of it: for me, "a homosexual, a heterosexual, a bisexual, a pansexual, an asexual, etc." are all part of "innate multisexuality", that present stages or shifts people undergo in the course of life. It is "free to define" for sure. It is just sexual preference that change over time.

Importantly, I don't deny anyone's self-identity. I am in a bisexual stage that may persist for a lifetime. Or, I may change to be asexual or heterosexual. For me, it is "innate multisexuality", but for you, that is "a homosexual, a heterosexual, a bisexual, a pansexual, an asexual, etc." People are free to define themselves. How do people categorize it, is up to them. *It is actually all the same, but "innate multisexuality" adds all up to be in one category that simply defines that people change over time.*

*Especially, if you are limited by your thoughts that you won't be able to love another in future, you will then "fake it" and "make it" at the end.* It may be decades, who knows. I don't limit my thoughts. I love to be friends with anyone, regardless of races, animals, and insects. Open-minded should be defined as open to all the thoughts. I am not a active racist, neither do I a passive racist. This is why I'm open-minded, to "innate multisexuality". People refrain themselves by having some degrees of prejudice, bias, and social stereotype/norms.

I AM NOT TRYING TO CHANGE ANYONE'S ANYTHING!