1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Innate Bisexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elian, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Elian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in innate sexuality. But, interestingly, I find people are multi-sexuality who just happen to like one or another regardless of gender for true love. Do you think if one person trully loves another, but suddenly "another" changed his/her gender, would matter if it is true love? I don't think so.

I don't think it is sexual orientation, but sexual preference (the most of ppl are bi). The sexual preferences also change over time, like what is explained in psychology that people act differently in different situations. Over time, people may have different interests, so do sexual preferences.

I believe that the most of people are bisexual, ranging from 0 to 10, seldomly people are 0 or 10. They sometimes are called bi-curious because they change their sexual preference after, or they aren't determined which side they prefer more yet.

It is like, you don't know Will you still like the same-sex or opposite-sex in future? I believe I won't date opposite-sex in a decade. But, I won't be certain I won't marry a charming woman in more than one decade. Therefore, people mostly are bisexual, more than 90% including those who only have 1 to one gender but 9 to another.

There are not certain studies shown to prove what caused sexuality for decades although scientists tried so hard to find it. I believe the sexual orientation is actually sexual preference, you can't find it throughout our genes or any others.
    Especially, animals are all multi-sexuality (and we humans are animals), they just have sexual intercourses whenever they have the need, like lions and tigers breed different species, horses and donkey, etc.

Love is not sexually prefered.

Do you think my thought is reasonable? Do the most of you think this way, too?
    You know, humans are born curious about anything that interest them, I am the same. :icon_wink

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IDK about "everyone is bi" but it's certainly possible most are. Looking at it graphically, sexuality from gay-bi-straight is probably a sort of skewed inverse bell curve, showing that most people will be towards either end (more who are straight) but very few actually at the extremes.

Bisexuality fits for me. I try my hardest to question everything before judging, and I think I did the same for sexuality eventually. I figured "Why shouldn't I enjoy looking at guys?" and went with it lol. But that does require attraction to guys first.

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I won't say "everyone is bisexual", since that would invalidate the identity of millions, not to mention is far from proven fact, but, I've always had a hard time taking anyone who says, "Nope, never, not under any circumstances whatsoever," seriously. That type of stance is not innate.

With attraction, there's a lot more to the equation than what we were programmed to want. Influences from environment, upbringing, and biology, for instance, which is why I've had a problem with the whole "born this way" argument. For a lot of people, attractions develop over a life time.

I also think love plays a huge part in sexual orientation: how many older gay men and women on the site have compared the bond they have with members of the same sex to that with the opposite? That, in turn, adds to the physical experience.

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I don't agree with the idea of innate bisexuality (and in fact this discredited theory is being used right now to justify the homophobic policies being implemented in Russia, on the basis that "homosexual propaganda" is what causes innately bisexual children to develop into homosexuals rather than heterosexuals).

When you use scales like the Kinsey scale (0-6), or your 0-10 scale, then it would seem probable that the majority of people are in the middle, and thus most of the population is bisexual. However, remember, such scales are entirely arbitrary there is no evidence or reason to believe that that there are equal numbers of people at each point on the scale. And I believe, in reality, the numbers would be skewed heavily toward the exclusively heterosexual and exclusively homosexual sides of the scale; to think otherwise is to accuse 99% of the population to be lying or ignorant of their own bisexuality by claiming to be gay or straight.

5. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This, exactly.

It's like...I hear this stuff about how everyone has to be a little bisexual, and I just don't get it. For me there is zero ambiguity. I'm gay, completely. I am 100% attracted to guys, and 0% attracted to girls. I've tried in the past...when I was 12 and realized what being the way I am meant, I tried so hard to "make myself normal" (what I THOUGHT was normal) and be sexually attracted to girls, and I was always SO disappointed when it, obviously, never worked. I couldn't even muster a LITTLE feeling for girls, that way.

So, yeah, I dunno. I guess this kinda theory rubs me the wrong way, since I tried so hard to like girls, even just a little, and it always ended with me being depressed because I simply didn't. I am totally gay, and so are sooo many others, and hearing theories like this feels like invalidating an identity so many of us fought against, came to accept, and came to be proud of.

#5 chercheur, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  6. Abbra

I know that you don't mean it this way, but I find "everyone is bisexual" somewhat offensive because it just reminds me of the times when I was told that "you just need to find the right guy". There isn't going to be a right guy. For a lot of people there isn't going to be a right guy or girl. To me, it just sounds like my sexuality is just being invalidated. I've kissed guys before and no matter what, I don't feel a thing.

Why is it so hard for us to accept that there are just a lot of sexualities and genders?

7. Night

Night Guest

Bullshit.

8. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What do you mean by true love? If you mean "unconditional love," then sure, I guess, since gender would be a condition, but otherwise I disagree. Love can be "true," as in felt sincerely and strongly, without being conditionless. I can say that I truly love my boyfriend without implying that I would love him in the same sense if he became a woman.

Sure, people's sexual preferences can change within a certain range. I've experienced that to some degree. I've never experienced sexual attraction to women, though, thus my sexual orientation is homosexual.

Okay, great. My question is whether you would still believe that if multiple studies found the opposite result (i.e., most people are "0" or "10"). If the answer to that is no, then I have no problem with you believing this for now, although I do want to hear about the evidence you've considered before coming to this position.

This argument is pretty bad. You can't be certain about anything; you can't be certain that the sun will rise on the morning of September 20th, 2023, either, yet it's highly probable that it will. Because it's highly probable, concluding anything else is absurd. If you currently have no inclination toward the opposite sex, you probably won't have enough of an inclination ten years from now to marry a charming woman. Certainty is neither here nor there.

There have been breakthroughs in neuroplastic and epigenetic research about variance in sexuality. You just haven't heard about any of it. Before you ask, though, no, they have produced no "certainty," but again certainty is a non-sequitur.

This doesn't seem to be relevant. Some species interbreed, therefore humans are all bisexual? Am I misreading this? Someone help?

Explain, please.

People are born curious about what interests them, but interests vary between people to some extent, and that is what you haven't taken into account.

9. Hexagon

I suspect more people than people think are multisexual. But not most/all. And I don't think we're innately bisexual either, excluding those who are bisexual ofc, if that makes sense. Why do I think that? Because people say they aren't bisexual, and I have no reason to doubt them.

Also:

True love is an illusion
    Unconditional love doesn't exist
    And for most people, love is 'sexually preferred'

10. Hail

I think that people who are 100% gay or 100% straight or exactly 50/50 attracted to both genders are quite hard to find but it doesn't mean that they don't exist. Most people are forced to identify either as gay or straight because society forces them to. And they identify as gay if they are, for example, 75% attracted to the people of the same gender. You know, that would be easier to find your mate when you are either gay or straight. Being bi is hard, you know... :grin:
    I'm not a very romantic person, but I think when it comes to love, your brain stops distinguishing the gender, and only goes for the person. Or maybe it's only my brain?! I don't know.

#10 Hail, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  11. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My boyfriend wouldn´t touch me anymore if I changed into a woman. He could still love me, but would be unable to have sex with me. Our relationship as such would be over. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. He is pure and only gay 100% He gets violent physical reactions if he thinks of a vagina, let alone having to touch one. He hates female bodyparts.

I´m not sure if I would be able to love my boyfriend if he was to change in a girl.
    It´s not that I don´t like girls, and he is very girly anyway, but I like dick. Sex IS an important part in our relationship.
    I´d love him no matter what, but it wouldn´t be the same kind of love.
    The "extra" of the physical/sexual attraction makes it special and different from loving your parents or kids for instance.

12. penguin machine

I'm in the same boat as you. The way I rationalize it, is that I can't understand how someone could NOT be bisexual. To look at a person of undeniable quality and just not be attracted to them in some way or another, I don't know.

I'm okay with most people being binary, that's fine for them. I think society puts enough pressure on everyone to constrain them. If people were told they'll fall in love with a person, instead of that they'll fall in love with a woman, I think the world's sexuality might be a little more fluid.

13. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You can be attracted to them in some way or another. But what makes a love between couples so special is the sexual attraction with it. If it isn´t there it isn´t there. It´s not something you can avoid. People that are raised with the idea that being gay is wrong can still fall in love with someone of the same sex. Even when there is a deathpenalty over their heads....

So don´t tell me society has anything to do with it.

Society can make that you feel puzzled about same sex love or anything, but doesn´t keep people from loving other people that "society" doesn´t want them to love.
    If you fall in love with men and women, that´s fine, but there are people that don´t, even if they are totaaly free to do so.

Love happens.

14. Split Arrows

I want to caution against this type of reasoning. This is the same stance that many homophobes take when they "don't understand how someone can be gay". I've heard time and time again (usually from cishet males) talking to a gay friend of theirs saying, "C'mon man, look at that girl; you mean you don't feel anything sexual for her?"

I personally don't like the "everyone's a little bit bi" thinking. To me, it minimizes and devalues bisexuality.

15. penguin machine

I really should have phrased it differently. What I really meant was that's my rationalization for how I know I'm bisexual. I can't imagine being me, and not being attracted to both. Bisexuality is integral to my human nature, and I can't really, truly imagine being on just one end of the spectrum. I am entirely limited to the experience of my life. I can sympathize with a binary sexuality, but I can't really empathize with it. That's all I really wanted to say.

I really just meant what I stated above, a binary sexuality isn't something I've ever really experienced, so I can't really empathize with it. I understand that most of the world does follow a binary sexuality, but it's just not how I am, and therefore, a little bit beyond my grasp.

16. There are so many different ways to be "attracted" to someone. I am romantically and emotionally attracted to feminine-gendered people, and I am sexually attracted to the female body. A relationship without both romantic and physical attraction just won't be as fulfilling for me. To say that you can't understand how someone could not be bisexual, just because you identify that way, is unfair. I could turn it around and say that I don't understand how anyone could like guys, because I'm not personally attracted to them, in that way.

Maybe not for you.

There are different kinds of love, so as a general statement, I agree, but the kind of love we are talking about here (the kind shared by people in a romantic relationship) is "sexually preferred," for me. Not everyone is bi, so not everyone thinks like you.

To penguin machine: Yeah, I just read what you posted above, so feel free to ignore me. Your response wasn't there when I started typing.

#16 Count Duckula, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
  17. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a form of mind projection. That you can't conceive of something is not strong evidence that it is not the case for other minds.

18. penguin machine

I'm not arguing that binary sexuality is impossible. I'm aware of the fallacy but that's not what I said. That I cannot conceive of something is in and of itself, only evidence of the limitations of my brain. I can no more empathize with a binary sexuality than I can really empathize with being a girl.

19. Elian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually meant everyone is multi-sexual who just prefer one than another (sexual preference). Within multi-sexuality, the majority of people are bisexual, and the rest of them prefer other creatures or something else.

Put it on this way, a guy prefer same-sex for .8 and opposite for .2. But, he is not interested at dating women but men. He does want to have sex with girls sometimes. He tried to watch heterosexual p*rnography whenever he has the sexual desire. He then becomes to accept to have sex with girls more and more, but not dating. He then feels to have .7 for men and .3 for girls. I would say this person (a real person) is open-minded who really approve innate multisexuality. If you are close-minded, you won't accept all other things when you try to like vaginas or the sex you currently don't feel any interests.

Still, in my perspective, people may prefer one gender at a certain time, but that doesn't mean all of them just are sexual-oriented in some ways. You know, you are not just loving all of people in that gender, you actually "prefer" some type of people out of that category (if categorizing people into certain groups). Like some gay guys prefer muscle men, but definitely not skinny or slim bodytype. Can you say they are heterosexual if they don't like skinny men who are also men? Of course NO! Do you think they are sexually-oriented? I say they are "prefering".

I know some of you can't accept innate-multisexuality because it may cause self-identity problem for you. Some of us like to be categorized, so we feel there are the same people like us, feeling safe. It may make you think that the "upperclass" (majority of them are heterosexual) would even try to use "conversion therapy" for gay or lesbians if innate multi-sexuality is proved. So, you want to identify yourself in one category in order to fight for your own rights. Some people, like me, think that everyone is multisexual prefer one gender or sex during a period, that may last until death or just for a few decades. For people like me, still identify themselves as who prefer men than women and still fight for LGBT rights. I don't see the paradox here.

I personally and actually don't agree with Sigmund Freud's "Innate Bisexuality" thing. I believe in "innate multi-sexuality". Interbreeding between species, etc. How animals, during Estrus, just run up to anyone nearby if no same species there, like dogs? I would say, we all were elvoved from single cells, at that time, no sexs existed. It may happen to be that sexes bring up sexuality or that sexes make people to "choose" or "prefer" simply?

Like what some of you said, I now know that, yup, "Love is not sexually prefered" is only for bisexuals who prefer .5 for each gender equally. However, for most of you, it matters a lot because you away from .5, the mean of the range.
    Although it is rare, I accept people who prefer animals or illusional stuffs (anime, manga, etc) rather than human beings. I don't see any wrong there, too, as in "Innate Multisexuality".

Society influences us on how we perceiving the matters. I hope no one's thought would be restrained by society, but be more creative and challenge the idea. Don't be afraid of unknowns. At least, you still prefer men than women, people still agree you are gay. You hold a small percentage toward opposite-sex, you marry a same-sex partner for a eternal time, that doesn't mean you are completely gay after you are married. I would still think people are multi-sexual. I would say I definitely will date a man and get married, but I don't think I am gay; however, I am a multisexual who just happens to love dick more.

I also don't deny the asexuality. They just happen to stay within a period that may last for a lifetime but they are still multisexuals who are at the stage of asexuality. I stay at the stage of bisexuality who is multisexual who prefer men more including explicitly dick. (By the way, some gay men prefer other parts of men's body and dislike dick.) You may stay at the stage of homosexuality who extremely prefer same-sex, but this is rare, only 20% I would say. Kidney says it less than 10%? I don't remember. But, people change over time cuz of innate multisexuality.

#19 Elian, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  20. Night

Night Guest

But you're still wrong.

I like the same sex, which means I'm homosexual. Not 'multi-sexual'.