1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Public Masturbation Legal In Sweden? Self-Pleasure On The Beach Is 'OK,' Lawyer Says

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by LinkLarkin, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Public Masturbation Legal In Sweden? Self-Pleasure On The Beach Is 'OK,' Lawyer S

Hey, the Swedish National Gallery had a portrait of a man masturbating last time I went. This isn't that surprising. :lol:

Sure, it's a little off-putting, but exactly what is so bad about it? Public support of violence is legal (boxing, military parades and so on), but pleasure is illegal? I think our priorities are a little off.

2. Aussir

Re: Public Masturbation Legal In Sweden? Self-Pleasure On The Beach Is 'OK,' Lawyer S

And then people wonder why others think that we're all pervs in the continent...

wait...

We ARE pervs... and proud of it! BEWBIES!!

:roflmao:

3. apostrophied

Good lord.

O.O

4. Saint Otaku

D: I'm not really sure how to feel...

5. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

To those who are upset or have mixed feelings, this does not in any way make sexual harassment legal. If someone accidentally walks upon someone masturbating, and they're told to stick around/join in or something, that could count as sexual harassment even if the masturbator were legally there. Likewise if I were to say something similar to someone who walked into my bedroom while I was masturbating.

6. blueberrymuffin

I wish, but title is misleading. If you read the article, he was acquitted of "sexual assault," which is just an outrageous charge. Should've been charged with equivalent of indecent exposure. The prosecutor is just throwing a tantrum saying it's legal now.

7. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Correct, indecent exposure probably would have been the more appropriate thing to charge him with. Still though I don't think public masturbation should be legal.

8. BornInTexas

@memphis

:laugh: I love that.

9. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Your original point was about children, not masturbation.
    Why is it fine for children to see billboards with naked women in a sexualised depicition but not to witness masturbation?

10. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Well, this sounds controversial. That is all.

*leaves thread*

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I know Western Europe has a long-standing reputation for being a lot more progressive and liberal than many other parts of the world, but how exactly is this a huge step forward? I don't have any strong opinions on the issue either way; it's more of a "Uh... okay? If that's what you're into, I guess.." reaction.

12. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Ummmmm...........good???

IDEK.

13. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people

Weird how people are surprised that sexual assault charges didn't stick (no pun intended... or maybe it is :grin:) in this case. Who did he sexually assault? Himself?

14. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I didn't think this story was nearly as funny as the one it linked to about how guys should pee sitting down

15. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people

That's not funny, that's scary. We shall not be kept down!!!

16. Incognito10

America seems to guise themselves as being extremely conservative on the surface about public nudity, sex and other suggestive behavior but it confuses me because our movies are some of the raunchiest and our pop signers are too. The few European films I watch seem to be more lax about sex and even more graphic, but for some reason it has more of an artistic tone to it oppose to shock value. Also, the U.S. condemns public display of breasts for the purpose of breast feeding, yet people like Miley Cyrus and Brit Spears can bump and grind (and might as well just go all out and masturbate on stage).

17. Aussir

I thought Miley Cyrus was doing that already with that demolition ball video thing... some big ass... toys... she has on that video... :roflmao:

18. Illus1

Ohk seriously have people thrown modesty out of the window?? I mean I can understand nudes because that can be taken as art and being au natural does not have to be sexual. But this is an implicit sexual act (I wonder if public intercourse is legal there too? It might be the next step). And guess what ?it is the 65 year old man in the article and prolly gonna be more old dudes .... ohk maybe I'm being ageist

19. Ameya

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Mark one up for dirty ole men on the beach.lol

20. Re: Public Masturbation Legal In Sweden? Self-Pleasure On The Beach Is 'OK,' Lawyer S

-rofl- who would even want to do this in public anyways?