1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you usually say, if some asks if you're bi/gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JayR, Sep 18, 2013.

1. akay02

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, I've never answered "yes". I'm gonna try it and watch after their reaction. :slight_smile: Most people around me just assume that I'm straight and ask me if I have a girlfriend or something related to that.

2. Holly

I've never been asked :L Which is really frustrating, because everyone just assumes I'm straight. I would outwardly say 'yes' if I was asked though.

3. Split Arrows

when people ask if I'm gay, I usually say "you're half right " followed with a coy wink.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If someone I didn't know or know casually and inconsequentially were to ask (they generally don't, thinking I'm someone's dad in some environments and just assume in other environments), I'd tell them to mind their own business.

If a close friend were to ask, then I would give them the detailed description of who and what I'm attracted to. A couple of friends know and other friends string everything together, so they almost don't need to ask.

I'm a little traditional this way. I don't think it's cool to ask someone this. I am especially ticked off when they do this on talk shows, almost trying to corner someone. One time, Barbara Walters had Ed Koch, the late never-married mayor of New York City, on her show and she asked him point blank "Are you gay?" He said he was essentially married to his job. Really, the answer was "And what would that have with my ability to do the job of mayor?"

#24 Tightrope, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  5. tryhtwfr

6. aquartertosix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No one has ever asked but the answer would probably be a reluctant no.

7. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say "yes". Surprisingly, actually, it's not always as rhetorical a question as you'd think. Some people genuinely don't know, haha. But I never deny it.

8. All41

I used to say no but I've officially decided to be honest with anyone who asks

9. So lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    At first i would'nt tell anyone the truth but now i tell the people who ask some times not all the time some time i just freak out and dont tell them. I will always say no to a family member ubtil i decide to come out to them

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't gotten that question in years. If I don't turn the question back on them, I'd say "not exactly"; then go on about it.

11. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The one time I was asked that question after saying I never had a girlfriend, I blatantly said I was straight without hesitation. The reason being it was a psychiatrist I went to see one time and he frankly creeped me out with his prying questions.

If I ever got asked again I would probably have a different answer depending on the person. If it's a close friend I may tell, if it's a family member I may just lie and imply to them that I soley like girls.

12. thesharkamander

I feel like I probably would say yes, though no one's asked me yet.

13. GayNerd

If it's someone I have no connection with, I just continue doing what I'm doing. If they keep asking it, I say "I do not think that this would be any of your business. Plus, I don't think you are getting what I'm trying to send to you when I'm giving you the silent treatment. Good day, sir/ma'am." Then I continue with what I'm doing.

If it's a friend, I say "Yes. But why would you want to know?" Then it goes on.

:slight_smile:

14. purplekitty

Only one time has somebody asked me about it point blank. And he was a total jerk that just wanted to get in my pants. I didn't really know the guy, but one day he asked me if I ever had a boyfriend and when I said no, he asked me if I was a lesbian. I was shocked by such a personal question, so I defensively said no. He must have taken that as an invitation though, because he started hitting on me. And when I showed no interest, he pretended to jerk off whenever he was behind me. It was creepy.

15. Hiems

No one has ever asked me. But I would take advantage of that opportunity by saying yes, especially if my friends asked. Doing so would make coming out so much easier by making it seem casual rather than be a big deal.

16. blueberrymuffin

Depends on how i perceive their intentions and the mood I'm in. If it's for bashing (high school), i'll say "why, do you want a blowjob?" "bend over and i'll show you" or "are you?" Once i got asked strictly for testing their gaydar. A couple times they wanted to ask me out. Then sometimes if i'm wearing a pride wristband or something. Those are acceptable or at least not hostile reasons to ask, so I'll just smile and nod or say yes.

17. RocketMoose27

I tend to give anybody else that asks a flat "Nope", followed by the depressing "I think relationships are a waste of time" gig, when I secretly day-dream about being in a relationship every other minute or so. :bang:

18. Stripe101

19. Hrantou

I say yes. If its family, I say yes and wink.

20. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say ''is that even a question? The whole school knows but you.''
    Lol I'm out to everyone. I don't even care anymore.