1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do people purposefully misgender Justin Bieber?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Techno Kid, Sep 16, 2013.

1. All41

He used to look and sound like a girl. I thought his early song were sung by girls. The joke is outdated now and is mostly used by people who haven't changed their feelings towards him sense 2008.

2. prism

If people were overly sensitive about every joke, nothing would be funny.

3. SomethingWitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beiber gets every insult in the world hurled at him, calling him a girl is unsurprising. Something about the beib makes people want to punch him in the face repeatedly. Since assault is illegal people use their words, their viscous cutting words that don't do anything but generate more publicity for him. He drinks his hater's delicious tears of frustration. Personally I can't stand his voice or his face, or the fact that he seems to be a self important moron, so I mostly avoid media in which he is present and save the vitriol for 4chan (something about anonymity and no rules of decorum is appealing to me).

And calling him a girl isn't sexist, so much as gender enforcement (related but not the same).

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If someone wants to call him a tart, is that better?

An insult is an insult. It´s just to express that you don´t like him or certain traits of him. It´s going around on fora and between friends.
    It´s not like people express over dinner with him that they think he is a girl.

I don´t know why people will even analise an insult.

5. Ridiculous

Yes, an insult is an insult.
    Calling someone a girl is not an insult - or more accurately, shouldn't be an insult.
    If calling someone a girl is an insult, that has some rather awful implications.

Either it's a shitty insult and you shouldn't say it, or you're a misogynist and you shouldn't say it. Either case - don't say it.

Justin Bieber is a terrible person and he provides more than enough ammunition through his actions. Comparing him to a girl is not an effective way of saying he is bad.

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remember that in our society, femininity is the worst crime, the most worthless thing, and the least desirable quality anyone can have. Anyone who uses "girl" an insult is obviously sexist. That along with calling adult women "girls", but that's another issue.

7. ScatteredEarth

I feel the same way.

8. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It´s okay to say bitch- a female dog you know, and dogs can´t help it it is used in such a negative way, it´s appaling, like female dogs are bad- even to guys as long as they are gay, I suppose. But if you hint a straight boy has female traits by calling him a girl, you are terrible?

I´ll call him an ass next time. Or better still, "Jenny" .That´s a female ass. :lol:

I´m sorry. I´m too simple to see the point of getting angry over a boy being called a girl.

If someone is called a bookworm, people are going to stand up and argue for the worms´sake?

9. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I dont know why so much attention toward him, either bad or good... His songs bore me, and i dont understand what makes him different from most pop singer, so as for him to have so many fans...but also i dont see anything so bad on his music as to insult him more than other popr singers.... He is....well a common pop singer.

What i cannot stand is the majority of his followers...

10. Hrantou

The way I see it, some guys like to have this image of being a MANLY MAN and beiber is a "girl" because he's not very manly? I don't know, really, it makes no sense. Sure he isn't the best person around but he's just another rich singer/famous person.

Personally, I just don't like his music and the things he does are just...very odd. (See: Singing to his grandma naked with a guitar) And some of his fans are just obnoxious in his love for him.

I don't know honestly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My 2 cents.

11. SomethingWitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Massive over simplification. Breaking your gender role/stereotype is the crime not femininity. Again it's gender enforcement not sexism, and again they are related but not the same. Men are tied more strongly to their gender roles than women are, since feminism has, in the past century, freed women from a lot of their previous restriction, but men have not received that.