1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advantages of being gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Passing regret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hit me with some more of those sweet sweet quotes :grin:

2. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    [YOUTUBE]5r9V5WV_Fbk[/YOUTUBE]

3. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    If you like to be, then difference and uniqueness is also a huge advantage! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. hazza

From a logistical and convenient point of view, if you and your partner are a similar size/build you get an extra wardrobe of clothes to wear which can be handy sometimes. I know it's just a small thing, but it can still be convenient sometimes.

5. Pat

Pat

Lol. For me it's no kids.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That goes without saying.

"Just say no" ... to breeding.

7. LinkLarkin

Everything said so far is great and pretty much what I would have said if I'd jumped in earlier. So the only advantage I have to had is... getting to have sex with guys. Like, seriously.

8. Hrantou

Generally, we tend to be more accepting people. Don't get me wrong, not all of us. I've met more hateful people that tend to be gay also. But most of us are more understanding than most.

9. blueberrymuffin

It helps for weeding out 'friends' who are shall we say, not very enlightened. Also, guys :icon_bigg

10. ScatteredEarth

Not being limited with my options I suppose? I can have kids and lead a happy life if I wanted to :3

11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NOOOOOOOOO ACCIDENTS!!!! Not having to worry about birth control and nature overcoming human-made adversity is awesome.

You're in full control of how many kids you have. Don't know about you, but I've never heard of someone accidentally flying to another country and adopting a child.

12. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This isn't in any studies, but I find gay people tend to be more mature because of the amount of time we spend thinking about ourselves. Maybe it's something else, or maybe we're just as mature as the rest of the world. Just a thought so I wouldn't call it an advantage ^.^

13. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, I have to agree. Time for introspection when you're figuring yourself out, you know?

-

Well. I'm not gay (Best of both worlds here :wink:) but I'd have to say I'm thankful that I'm able to appreciate everything men have to offer.

14. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was looking for that word! Thanks haha! I was also thinking how girls mature faster than guys and how we sometimes think like girls. Maybe it has an effect on maturity? This is all word vomit. Introspection makes more sense anyway because it explains the rest of the LGBT community's maturity!

#34 1Jake2, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  15. Robellious

If your in a relationship with the same sex.. your wardrobe can basically double in size. :wink: you both can share clothes and be cool lol

16. Ridiculous

I withdraw my previous post and go for this one instead :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

17. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    A domino effect: once you are open in one thing you are more likely to be open minded with other things. Gay people have been forced by their hormones and sexual attraction to be open minded to something many are closed minded, also they even get to suffer because of closed minded people. This leads to many gay people being very open minded, they have different view on the world.

Wider perspective: straight people only know the straight perspective. Gay people know e gay perspective on a 100% but also, because they live in a world where most people is straight , where they see movies, books, ads, people,conversations, discussions,everything directed at straightness, because of that they also know to certain degree (not in a 100%)the straight perspective.

Straight people have to go a long trail to understand the opposite sex+ another trail to understand the specific person they are dating, while gay people have only to do thr latter (guys understand guys, girls understand girls).

18. Exstatic

Being gay has more creativity thinking because you understand more of the musculinity and feminity in general

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Or, you're in full control of how many kids you DON'T have.

---------- Post added 15th Sep 2013 at 07:29 AM ----------

Interesting concept. I think that it leads to a more reflective approach to life. I also think that spending a lot of time thinking about oneself can make one a little insular. Guilty as charged.

20. iHateThinking

Not having to worry about unwanted pregnancy, being able to share clothes if said partner is the same/similar size, not being restricted to the standard gender binary and roles, getting to look at pretty girls, feeling more "free" to be who I am and like girls without feeling totally awkward, being able to help people in a similar scenario (and then extending help to other areas of life)... I like being able to not think in terms of masculine and feminine but in some kind of androgynous/mixed mindset, it allows me to get along with more kinds of people.

I dunno if creativity and orientation are correlated, but I love being creative, and starting to become part of the LGBT community gives me so much more to talk and make art about. Minus the fact we agreed to never be creative again. :lol: