1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it weird for an only kid to be gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lesbians, well, if the theory is that guys get female stuff and therefor they are gay, isn´t it logic to assume the contrary works for girls? But maybe I shouldn´t reason with logic.

My view is that it are conclusions that have no real foundation.
    Not because of my own observations only, but because there is no real proof so far.
    To me it sounds like "girls are more bound to like make-up if the have older sisters...".
    And yes, I know it´s not the same, I´m just saying you can apply calculations to everything and come up with a theory. Doesn´t mean there is an actual link.

I don´t take studies seriously if they don´t include controlgroups and other stuff to make it reliable. If they can´t make a mathematical prediction, it´s not a solid theory to me. But that´s me.
    I understand they have to try to come up with theories to get to understanding, and it´s only one step in a process, but many studies have been proven wrong and often slightly altered (or simply left out important things) to get the wanted result. That´s why I´m sceptic about theories first, and I don´t see anything wrong with that.

I would like to know how they got to this therory. I haven´t seen an answer yet. But I´ll look it up, don´t worry. I´m the kind of person that likes to know what one is talking about if it doesn´t feel right to me. And I can change my opinion. I´m not fixed in my opinions.

And I´m sorry I sound pissy.
    My mom is a laywer :grin:
    Seems it does influence me.
    :icon_redf

2. Evil Monkeyz

In terms of the nature VS nurture debate, I'm on the nurture side. So I don't it's strange for an only child to be gay...

Mind you of my cousins' family, the youngest one is straight but very feminine. Used to put himself in my dresses until Uncle got really mad and basically made him never do it again.

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He might be transgender or just a crossdresser or anything in between.

I think it´s harsh of your uncle and stupid to think he achieved something.
    It´s only a slight interval of "not being himself" for your cousin. But he will become himself later on anyway, I hope.

They can choose to hide their true selves to avoid conflict, but they still are, you know, themselves.

Why wasn´t he free to express himself in that way? Is your uncle afraid that wearing dresses turns someone female or what?