Public Displays of Affection?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by InLove, Sep 8, 2013.

1. BornInTexas

I think it is cute. :slight_smile:

2. Saint Otaku

It can be cute with decency. I remember an old couple shared a drink where I work and it was so sweet, I was thinking "Awww, they don't utterly despise one another! Don't see that too often." :grin:

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kisses? Hugs? To any degree? Yup! *nod*

Only when it gets to the "bedroom stuff" like unzipping pants is when I'd say it crosses the line.

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I hold my girlfriend's hand often when we're in public together, and will (occasionally) hug or share a quick kiss in the train station before I have to go back home. I've never had anyone toss a nasty glance or make any comments about it, nor do I care.

I think PDA is fine if it isn't overbearing like making out or fooling around, things that would typically happen in the bedroom. As for public displays of sex... uh. :eek:

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've yet to publicly display affection (I would be totally down for it if I had someone to do it with), but I've seen several same-sex couples do it around here, and I've yet to see anything bad come of it.

6. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't care if it's a straight or gay couple and I think that people can do whatever they want to do, and I'd never complain about a couple kissing and touching publicly, but there will always be that part of me that feels super-awkward when watching two people do such things in front of me.

7. pikachulovable

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not mind kissing in public and holding hands. But making out to the point of mauling, thats what I have a problem with.

8. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is pretty much how I feel about this..

9. whoever it is straight gay bi dinosaur whatever, if someone is making out/doing anything more than a peck i think its inappropriate. i dont want to see you shoving your tongue down someones throat..... its not cute, leave it at home.

holding hands/hugging is fine but above ^ gah, so annoying.

10. blueberrymuffin

It doesn't bother me, but probably the farthest I'd go would be hand holding. I can't imagine being so out of control that i'd just have to make out with someone on the sidewalk. Also i'm too much a private person for that. Surely everyone would stare at the least.

11. Hrantou

Hug or a quick kiss is fine with me, but if you're making out hard and practically ready to start ripping each other apart on a bench in the mall, you need to get out and go home. No one wants to see it. No, you are not sexy and cute. No one wants to see it.

Work PDA is the type I really hate. You wanna date a co-worker? That's fine, but do your work. Seriously, if you're on the clock and making out in the back room, you need to get fired, because 9 times out of 10 I have to pick up the work you're not doing because you're defiling the paperwork in the closet.

12. ScatteredEarth

I'm fine with them, but in all honesty, I think if you're gonna sit there and make out obnoxiously (Or in Ohhai's case fingering and rubbing eachother off in public) Then you seriously have some self confidence issues or are simply oblivious to how ignorant you look.

---------- Post added 8th Sep 2013 at 07:33 PM ----------

The poor paperwork :c

13. vinznitintin27

Floating around the internet. City of Angels
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    PDA huh...we pretty much stick to holding hands and hugs..kisses once in a while. Nothing big like making out groping each other's butts kind of thing. It's pretty UGH.

14. LesbianGirl

Really I have no problem with PDA just as long as I don't see tounges out hands touching asses. And as long as me and my gf with PDA, really it's the only time we can show affection because we don't live in the same town. Though usually we go to a remote part of where we are.

15. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's fine just as long as it doesn't turn into a rated R movie. I try not to go overboard, so I usually kiss and hug my girlfriend hi/goodbye and everything else, we leave for the bedroom. And sometimes she might kiss me when we're out at the hookah bar, but it's usually dark in those places. I've gotten some "Aww...that's cute" looks and some "Oh my gosh, you're going to corrupt my child" looks. I generally do not care because I'm too focused on being with my girl.

#35 pinklov3ly, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  16. samelove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like PDA to a degree. I love holding hands/hugging/kissing (not full on making out or anything), and that sort of thing. Like others have said, if it's more than hugging/ light kissing, then it's probably best served to be done in private, and that goes for both straight and gay couples. I don't think the sex of the two people involved has anything to do with whether it's appropriate (unless of course there are safety concerns).

17. 2112

If it's just hugging and kissing, it's fine.

18. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Montreal North *cough cough*

To be franc the only homophobic I know of are haitian and middle eastern immigrants.

19. cmarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm with you, although I'm not out to family and friends I don't seem to have a problem with hand holding and little kisses in public. I think that's as far as I'd take it, when people are full on making out and groping each other I tend to wonder why they aren't just at home in bed where they'd likely be happier!

20. stephenstills

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm torn on the issue.
    I'm an introvert and I tend to avoid unnecessary attention from strangers when out on the streets, so PDA is not usually my thing. I usually go out and do what I have to do, then I come back home, without talking unnecessarily (unless I happen to come across a friend or an acquaintance along the way).
    But when I really feel like hugging or holding hands, I will do it. Never kissed in public so far, though, I'm still afraid to try that out given that I live in a city with a big share of homophobes.