1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GayNerd, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Blurred Horizon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is my favorite show :3 I have to say that my favorite character is Amy! She makes me laugh because she tries to seduce Sheldon and he has no idea. And the fact that they are both smart and can support each others weirdness makes it hilarious. Amy is one of those characters who is an all around girl and it makes the show complete.

2. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to like this show. Until it was pointed out to me that this show has only ever shown like two minorities and one of them being a limited stereotype.

3. Zac

Zac

Love it! Sheldon is my favourite, he reminds me of myself :lol:

4. Dalmatian

Sheldon is obviously the heart of the show. Without him there would be no TBBT. Also, if they made him sexual as in one of those pilot alternatives, I don't think it would work.
    Leonard is the human being character. Everyone else is a caricature, so of course Leonard is the most relatable.

Allow me a comment on actors, though. I have tremendous respect for Mayim Bialik (Amy), who actually does have a PhD in neuroscience. Also, Simon Helberg (Howard) is at least capable of rational thought and conversing normally. All others (Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco especially, Rauch as well, Nayyar not as much) seem like a stereotype actors, empty of knowledge, empty of anything remarkable. I was kinda disappointed by their interviews. It's not that I expected them to be geniuses; it's just.. disappointing anyway :slight_smile:

And yeah, I also don't like what they did with the show in the last season or two. But that's what all shows go through; they become more and more absurd until they make no sense at all. Pity.

5. Sheldon and Penny. One just can't be funny without the other.

6. bethpurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'll watch it whenever I'm around someone else who is watching it. I relate a lot to Amy, Sheldon, and the girl Raj was dating (can't remember her name) - but the show spends too much time making fun of them for me to say I like it.

7. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It was good until they added Amy. I haven't watched the show since. It's just not the same. Amy is annoying and I can't stand her :frowning2:

8. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Probably Amy F. She is so hilarious. Whoever writes her lines is a genius.

I think Raj is really hot. & I totally dig the bromance between him and Howard.

9. LinkLarkin

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's into Raj :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That episode where his anxiety medication made him overconfident and he stripped in public... wow. *fans self*

10. Rainbow Girl

I love it, it's one of my favourite shows. I love all of the main seven characters (Sheldon, Leonard, Penny, Amy, Howard, Raj and Bernadette) but my favourite are Sheldon, Amy, Leonard and Penny. Sheldon and Amy because their hilarious and Leonard and Penny because they just seem like such genuine, likeable people. I also love Leonard and Penny's relationship and to a lesser extend Sheldon and Amy's. My favourite episode is a three way tie between, the time Sheldon got drunk when he had to make a speech and the two episodes Leonard's mother visited.

11. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw some of the earlier episodes. I don't know if they still do this, but the "technobabble" in the show was actually legitimate, unlike shows like CSI where they seem to try to outdo each other on how far fetched things they portray are.

12. Becki

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love The Big Bang Theory! I'm not sure if I can choose a favourite, hmm... Sheldon reminds me so much of my dad it's unreal, so I can relate to Leonard whenever Sheldon's driving him crazy. Leonard's mum cracks me up so much even though I've only seen her in one episode. I think Penny is my favourite, not sure why, she's just great!

13. waders

waders Guest

The Big Bang Theory is my favorite show ever! My favorite is Sheldon because of how aquard he is, and I've been told I act like him a lot. Sometimes though, I think that Leonard is kind of cute.

14. oddlife35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's probably my favorite show. Sheldon (yeah typical), but also Amy (isn't she like pseudo-lesbian? I think I make good friends with lesbians for some reason) and Raj (he's cute, but they stereo-type him a bit too much).

15. Miss Loopy

I'm one of them people who know the theme tune so well, they can singer it fast than the actual singer does.

I KNOW I'M TOO COOL.

My favourite is Sheldon. End of!

16. Images and Words

And, here we go. As usual, with any forum I've ever been on, I will revive dead threads (sorry)
    I loved season 1-5. Think it's dying off a bit now (like 2 & 1/2 men did after season 8) I still watch it though.
    Favourite character: Sheldon, and, IMO, Jim Parsons is one of the best people on the planet.
    ♥♥♥

17. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Can't stand that show. They rely on the same few 4-5 jokes every single episode and it just gets annoying

18. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Old comment, I know, but I would like to note that scientist ≠ nerd.

What Big Band Theory is projecting in their characters are classical stereotypes associated with nerds. Many of them only happen to also be scientists (though not every "nerdy" character in the show is).

Based on my experiences, they've done very well at capturing nerds in a general sense and making fun of them/us. :lol:

#38 Browncoat, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  19. ForeverYoung000

Big Bang!!!

Yess, that's my show! My preference female character would be Penny. I don't know there is just something about her that turns me on.

My favorite guy character would be ALLexcept Howard and that guy in the comic book store. Sheldon is so hilarious! And tooo smart!

Howard is like 40'amd still living with his Ma. Lol cute but weird. And that one episode where he attempts to have a sleepover.

Leonard is so funny. At times he acts so...grueling towards Penny and it's just adorable. But there are times where he just tries to hard and like Uhmmm no.

Penny is baee.. She's just so DXXM fine.

As for the other characters...ehh. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#39 ForeverYoung000, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  20. Q-Tip

It actively makes fun of someone with aspergers, so no I don't like the show.