What age did you come out or are planning to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ginahollyh, Sep 4, 2013.

1. igoloo2946

14! Not everyone knows yet

2. Tic Code

I first came out to my parents about 6 months ago, so I was 17. I came out to my friend recently, and I'm 18 now.

I'm hoping to be totally open and out by the end of my freshman year of college, where I'll be 19.

3. I started coming out to my friends last year when I was 19. I came out to my parents shortly before I turned 20.

4. rjrh20

I started coming out at the beginning of summer break which was the beginning of June and I've got six down but I personally only told four. I plan to come out as a freshman in highschool next year when I am fifteen.

5. LinkLarkin

Started coming out in early June, so when I was twenty. I hope to be almost fully out by the time I turn twenty one.

6. Amerigo

start: 19

7. justjade

Well, shit, I just came out to myself a few months ago. But I'm making great headway so far. :slight_smile:

8. Niko

Came out to my parents when I was 20, and I plan on coming out to my whole family by the time I'm 23...hopefully it'll be when I'm 22, but 23 is my max age.

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to myself at 13, came out to the first person I know in real life at 15, and to my school, I came out to my parents and some relevant family members at 16, and plan to be fully out within the next year or so, but no later than my 18th birthday.

10. AmityRanch

I've been coming out to choice individuals for quite some time now (ever sense I was fourteen) and I plan to continue until I'm out to everyone (which will be next Summer hopefully.)

11. leer

I was 16 when I came out .

12. ScatteredEarth

Started in early July so when I was 15... Started picking people to gradually come out to. So far so good.

13. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm out to most people now at 21. Anyone on facebook can see that I have a boyfriend. I can only know of a handful of people in my life who don't know (so far as I know). This whole coming out process has been going on the past 4-5 months or so.

14. Naomilly92

Came out to my immediate family (mom, brother, dad) when I was 18, everyone apart from my dad took it well. Came out to my family (mom's side) when I was 19, they took it well, they're open minded, and my cousin's gay. Haven't come out to my dad's side of my family, because he took it so bad, I'm too afraid. I'm out at work, just don't really talk about it, and University, and all my mates know

15. RocketMoose27

I'll probably come out when I become independent and move out(18-19). Other than that, my closet door is staying shut!

16. blueberrymuffin

I was 17 and had just moved out.

17. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Started when I was 25, about half a year after I figured out it was probably not going to be just a phase. Most friends and relevant family were told over the next year and a half.

Though I'm not out to every single person I know, so I'd say it's a perennial work in progress.

18. Tim

Tim

I came out to a friend when I was like 12 or 13, after she confessed she was in love with me and thought I was her soul mate... which she now denies ever happening, despite the fact it was through e-mail, which I oddly still have.

Then I came out to another friend when I was... 17? Followed by another shortly after. Then a few more when I was 18, and finally everyone when I was 18, a few days before turning 19.

The one when I was 17 was probably my favorite. She's a lesbian and we were just done volunteering at the Children's 'museum' in town, where our job with the rest of our friends was to watch the kids and teach them things, as part of our civics class. [Worst experience ever was being there on Halloween. Having to stand out in freezing cold temperatures with the one person there that I did not like and vice versa giving out toothbrushes to children for Halloween, then havinig to go inside and do a puppet show. I dropped the puppet, eliciting a bunch of screams from children thinking I killed the puppet. >_>]

But that's another story. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Came out to her as we had finished our shift, and we were waiting for rides and we were the last ones there. We were chatting and the topic somehow fell onto religion. It somehow ended up with "I'm not religious because I don't agree with some of the ideals my church would force on me and the other kids, mainly that being gay means you'll burn in hell." and a few minutes later after some more conversation, she was like, "Wait. Wait. What are you?" and I was like "Guess." and she said "Gay?" I nodded and she was like "YES!" xD It was just a really nice experience.

Have had a few negative experiences, but in general, they've all been pretty nice. It helps I'm in a pretty open city in California. Sister's trying to get me to go to the Pride Parade this month, but it's just not my scene.

#38 Tim, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  19. Femme Fatale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out about six monts ago I think, I was sixteen then and I'm seventeen now. I came out through instagram and I have never ever told anyone out loud that I'm gay. Not that many people know, especially not amongst my new friends. Though I'm pretty open about it on the internet, I guess it's just easier for me.

20. jp16

Typically this

but every time i think about it, i chicken. So i'm thinking about this