1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could change your gender, would you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Robert, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Would you? (read the first post before voting)

1. Yes and I am currently in a relationship

4.5%
  2. Yes and I am out of the closet

10.4%
  3. Yes and I am still in the closet

17.9%
  4. No and I am currently in a relationship

14.9%
  5. No and I am out of the closet

44.8%
  6. No and I am still in the closet

23.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not every transgender experiences physical dysphoria, though, and the frequency, severity, and type also varies from individual to individual. For me, anyway, it was less about wanting a vagina, since I was too young to know what that was, and more about getting rid of this bulge that made wearing women's clothing and feeling like a woman, difficult.

2. Dans le placard

No, because I'm perfectly happy being a guy. I may like men, but it doesn't make me less of one. :wink:

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. My BF's gay, not bi so if I always had been a girl, he would have had no interest in me.

On a side note, if I could change for a little bit and then change back, I'd do it and see what it's like to, well, you know. Somebody once asked Dr. Drew on his show, "Strictly Sex with Dr. Drew," which gender had the better orgasm.

Dr. Drew responded, "How should I know? Nobody's ever experienced both."

Well, if I could, I'd like to be the first.

4. Emulator

I can't really say for sure, so I didn't vote. I'm sort of undecided, having no definite gender or sex. I guess if I had to pick one, I'd choose something more fluid so I could morph to one or the other. :wink: But here I'm assuming your question is asking whether we would change our assigned gender if we could, because it's easy to change mentally.

5. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. Maybe for a while, even for a year, just for the experience of it, (and only if I'd be a cute girl;p) but being a girl I wouldn't be myself so not permanently, no.

6. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's an interesting (and somewhat different response). No: I wouldn't want to have always been a girl. I'd rather become a girl right now, after having been male my whole life up until this point, or I'd rather just be a guy my whole life.

Frankly I'm glad I avoided some of the bullshit young girls are subjected to, growing up. I enjoy the male body I currently have, and I couldn't bring myself to separate the memories I've had of it. I'm quite content living the rest of my life as a cis (albeit somewhat genderqueer) man.

But if I woke up female tomorrow, after having been male up to that point, that would be interesting. I would consider it. Either way I'd be mentally genderqueer, probably.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right on. Hair that I towel dry, jeans, a darker t-shirt, flip flops ... and "you got somethin' you want to say 'bout it?" LOL.

(Oh yeah, standard white Jockey briefs, too.)

8. Quasi

If I'd been asked that question at any time between the ages of 5-23, the answer would have been a definite yes. But now, I don't know.

I've gotten used to being female thanks to a lifetime of not recognizing my gender dysphoria for what it was. It's just easier staying female, even if I sometimes wish I wasn't. It doesn't help that I like guys, which means that if I changed I'd become gay - not an easy thing to be in my part of the world. …My mind says no, my gut says yes.

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Ah I think you mean sex, not gender. "Sex" refers to the physical side of things, "gender" is just the set of social constructions that have been associated with that sex. Orgasm is a function of physical sex, so people who change their gender will still have the same type of orgasm.

10. ScatteredEarth

I'm so lucky I got the easy gender ^_^ I wouldn't trade it for the world xD

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If we're talking about what's between the ears, no. Never. If I did, I wouldn't be me anymore and the thought of being completely female (inside and out) scares the hell out of me. It would make my life much easier, but I wouldn't be who I really am. If we're talking about sex, then absolutely. Being stuck in a female body sucks and I've suffered enough in this cage. So if that is the question, then absolutely. I'd change in a heart beat.

And yes, I'm out and in a relationship.

12. justjade

No. Everything in my experience as a female has made me who I am now, but I am still leaving it behind. I'm a survivor and a conqueror. I come out on top. It's not always how I or anyone else expects though. Besides, I love owning being transgender. Like, "look at this kid who was born a girl but earned his manhood." I don't need to change my body to validate the fact that I'm a man, although, to be quite honest, it would be nice. But even if I was biologically male, that in itself would not make me a man.

13. IzCassie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    OP, don't you mean changing your sex? Gender identity isn't something that can be changed.

Anyway, if we're talking about changing natal sex here, I'm slowly moving toward that goal. I've always hated being forced to live as male. It's not me, it never was, and it never will be. I've always identified as female.

#53 IzCassie, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  14. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay