1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could change your gender, would you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Robert, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Would you? (read the first post before voting)

1. Yes and I am currently in a relationship

4.5%
  2. Yes and I am out of the closet

10.4%
  3. Yes and I am still in the closet

17.9%
  4. No and I am currently in a relationship

14.9%
  5. No and I am out of the closet

44.8%
  6. No and I am still in the closet

23.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I don't really know how to answer.

Honestly? I wish I was content with what I was born with. I'd likely still lean on the genderqueer side of things, even if I identified as female, but it wouldn't make my life difficult like it does now with being a transgender genderqueer guy.

If I could change my gender and live as a cisfemale, I would in a heartbeat. I'd still fuck around with gender expectations regardless but at least I wouldn't have to worry about transphobia from my family, friends, society and the internalised transphobia I hold towards myself. As well as dysphoria. I could feel comfortable in my body and not have to worry about expectations or transitioning ect.

But that's not going to happen so live and let live. I'm a genderqueer transguy, and that's fine.

2. Stephany

No, never. I don't see gender. I don't act like a certain gender... I'm not attracted to one gender. So gender has no barring for me.

3. Mysz

Pretty much all of this, except the other way around, of course.

4. Laura16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah. I'd consider becoming a guy

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, as a white cis-male, I am very, very lucky. Being female isn't only against my mind, it would make my life quite a bit harder. Even feminism from men is listened to more than feminism from women. I'm happy in my own mind and skin, but I long for the day where I would only consider my own feelings when it comes to gender.

6. LILuke

In the closet and no. I'm quite happy as a guy. :slight_smile:

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gender? Probably not. I enjoy being non-binary, taking a step back from the silly 'war of sexes' and being able to feel at home with anyone, anywhere. It's a lot like watching two opposing teams constantly go at it, and watching from the comfort of your couch, then getting bored and flipping the channel to something else.

Sex? Well, if it were done magically, without the need to go through a painful transition and living a life with the whole trans stigma, sure. I feel nothing for masculine traits, penises, or male privilege and identity. I doubt my life would suddenly get a lot better, but it would be one small comfort, at least.

8. Belle

When I was in my young teens, I thought that it would have been better for me if I had been born a guy, but only because I was attracted to other females. Not like that anymore. I'm glad I was born a female.

9. Tzoa

I voted "No and I am still in the closet" and "No and I am out of the closet". I know, weird. I'm out to my mom and my best friends, but hardly anyone else I know knows. But if they asked, I imagine I would be honest. So I wasn't really sure where that put me in relation to the closet.

And I love being a woman. Of course it has its downfalls (but I imagine being a man does, too), but I'm happy I was born as a female.

10. Hrantou

No. I like being a guy. I'm just used to it. Now if I could do it for a while then switch back...maybe. That'd be interesting and a new experience, but only if I'm single.

11. GingerGuy

Haha this would certainly be the best alternative for everybody.

12. LinkLarkin

No, for so many reasons.

Men still experience many sociopolitical benefits - not the way it should be but the way it is. My personality is better suited to a gay man than to a woman. (At least I think it is - I'm still trying to figure out exactly who I am.) Masturbation is frowned upon less for men. I think it's loads of fun having a testosterone-fuelled sex drive. It's easier to get by as a guy than a girl when you have a personality that nobody likes. I'm studying physics which is a male-dominated subject. I think that my parents liked having a girl and a boy instead of two girls. I can weigh myself without having to worry about breasts. I don't lose blood out of sensitive areas every month. I can be a vegetarian without having to take iron supplements. I can still easily find someone who'd be willing to have sex with me (if it comes to that...) even though I'm not attractive. I get to look at guys in the locker room. It is hypothetically possible for me to find a partner who is more likely to have similar tastes to me. I would never have to fake orgasms. I only need to wear and worry about one item of underwear per day. I never have to be expected to wear high heels. I don't feel pressured to shave any part of my body.

13. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I feel like in a lot of ways I would prefer to have been born a male, but at the same time I could've been born either gender and been the same really... There's no maybe option. :eek:

14. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I'm not sure what it even means to "change your gender". "Gender" is such an ambiguous concept. Individuals' gender expression can shift from day to day, some days more masculine, other days more feminine. A drag queen's gender expression changes simply by changing clothes.

If you meant to ask whether I want to change my sex, then the answer is no, I'm comfortable with that, I would much rather have a penis than a vagina.

I identify as a gay male based on being male-sexed and attracted to male-sexed people, but that is only to simplify things in terms of labeling. I don't particularly feel male, I think I have a variety of both male and female attributes. So I don't want to change who I am, I see myself somewhere between male and female anyway.

Of course in some cases it feels like it would be easier if I were female, naturally it would be easier to find guys to date if I were a girl, and it would fit with the feminine role I see myself playing in relationships and sex. Plus girls have a lot more and cooler options when it comes to dressing...

15. Neoteric

Neoteric Guest

I enjoy being a guy, I am attracted to guys not because I want to be a straight girl. and I am still attracted to girls which makes me all the more solid in my belief that I am fine just the way I am.
    However had I been a girl I would be straight up dangerous... I understand how despite my hopes society has set gender views and being a guy I can see how I could exploit this fact as a woman.

16. Just Jess

As in what's between the ears? No way. Not at this point. I've accepted who I am and everyone important knows about me. That natural "push" from inside to be a woman is an important part of who I am. And now that I don't fight it any more, I actually like who I am because of it.

As in my body? In a relationship, out of the closet, and finally making real progress :slight_smile:

17. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No...I rather like my standard equipment.

18. biggayguy

No way! I think being female is much harder than being male. Just the periods alone would be bad. Then you have everyone judging what you wear, how your hair looks, and how you behave.

19. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Tough Question.

I'm gay, in that I love men. If i was a woman, I would still love men.

I wondered for a long time if I was transgendered, and came to say that No I'm not. Obviously not because theres anything wrong with it or anything. I think i'm mentally more female than male, but ive never felt any dissonance with my actual body permeating through my thoughts and feelings. Like, during puberty, i hated pubic hair simply because i find it unpleasant, I was never "I wish this was a vagina instead". I hope that wasnt blunt or politically incorrect or anything..

But yeah, I think if i were to become a woman tomorrow, I would probably be happy and adjust to life pretty fast. I would think it is more enjoyable than being a man. I don't really "love" being a man, its just "meh" to me.

Also, while I hate slut shaming culture and woman degradation, I can't help but think that If i were a woman with the sexual drive I have right now, people would call me a slut/whore.

20. JessicaWolfess

As fun as being a female might be. I don't think I want to change who I am