LGBT News Christians protest against non-discrimination law

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Linthras, Sep 1, 2013.

1. RedR

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I grew up in a VERY religious family, A family that rejected and destroyed me as best as they could. I have read the Bible front to back several times and I can honestly tell you that radical Christians are morons. They cling to verses from Leviticus and Romans that speak against homosexuality but forget that Christ commanded us to love one another as he loves us. Jesus had followers who were thieves, prostitutes and murderers. Jesus never once mentioned homosexuality, so he obviously never condemned it. If Christ forgives all sinners including those who murder then it is idiotic to assume that Gay community is beyond his love. Even if you don't believe in Christ, the people that do should know how to behave. So far they are not behaving as I believe Christ would.

2. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

...everyone else just talks over us... and the only things that make the news are the bad things. Just sayin'

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

No we can't.
    I'm perfectly willing to listen to your arguments.
    I'm perfectly willing to admit I'm wrong if you can show me to be.

I am not willing to play nice because you refuse to defend your claims and try to wave it all away with "let's agree to disagree".
    You claimed I was wrong and my arguments were wrong. Show the truth of those claims or admit you cannot. This isn't a case of us both being equally right or wrong.

If this comes across as hostile, let me assure you it isn't. I fully respect you as a person, I just don't have any patience for people claiming others are wrong and failing to defend that claim. Especially when said people accuse others of generalising or otherwise being dishonest when they haven't done any such thing.

I have no idea if I'm smarter than you, in fact it might be the opposite.
    It's rather irrelevant though since you don't need to be very intelligent to notice whether someone is stereotyping or not.
    Whether there's a withchunt on this forum against Christans or not.

My arguments might be uncomfortable, that doesn't make them any less logical and/or facually correct.

Again, I fully respect you as a person, but you have got to be able to support your claims when you accuse others of being wrong or using wrong argumentation.

---------- Post added 7th Sep 2013 at 07:50 AM ----------

So have I and others.
    So are many others.

At least you know now he didn't.
    I get that criticism of Christianity or specfic Christians might be unwelcome to you, I really do.
    But attacking others with accusations of persecution and generalisations will only make things worse not better.

4. velniopviska

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Pfff, I thought US of A was meant to be a developed modern tolerant country and a great example to other countries how to respect every human being regardless to whom one does love... And now that religion again. Even the Pope doesn't judge LGBT that bad.... How medieval.

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Eh, I don't know where anyone would get the idea that Texas would be a modern tolerant society and example to other countries to respect human beings. The South is always going to be backward when it comes to matters of civil rights.