1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Children and awkward sex questions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Adi, Aug 26, 2013.

1. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gotta love safe search, and adaptive searches. Especially if you recently were looking up a lot of music, cell phones, or aerospace tech... ( I note that the first 4 actual results on Google when I searched were for some of Richard Branson's companies)

#21 confuzzled82, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  2. Nick07

I am sorry you have to deal with this :frowning2:

3. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    I laughed so hard when I read this. Reminds me of once when I saw a naked baby girl and asked my mom if she'd grow a penis eventually... I was 5 at the time.

4. Stephany

My daughter at 9 asked me what her clitoris was for and if it meant she was growing a penis and she would shortly start becoming a boy. I couldn't help bit giggle on the inside. We talked about it some and I gave her a book to read and told her to come to with any questions, but I assured her she was not infact "growing" a penis.

5. Eleanor Rigby

As a teacher, I think that when a child ask a question, the best way to handle this is to give them a correct answer appropriate to their age. And yes 9 years old are likely going to hear about sex, if not from classmates, it's going to be by their siblings, neighbors, or simply TV. If you don't want them to look for the answers in places where they can be exposed to the wrong kind of images and explanations, you have to give honest and appropriate explanations yourself.

6. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :confused:

It's fine... :rolle: he does that sometimes, and i get a little upset but i know he doesn't intend to be mean, he is just too conservative. My mother tells him to stop and becomes even more upset than me since i've told her i'm probably... well... at least not straight... She's afraid i'm gonna be hurt.

Anyway, i posted this 'cause the conversation was kinda awkward and started by a small child, not in order to say something about my fairly homophobic family. :icon_wink

7. CuriousFrosty21

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    tht commercial...

'the baby's in there?'
    'yea'
    'how did it get there'

CHECK MATE xD

8. NEWFrontiers22

More people should do this, children need honesty and direction. If there own family won't provide this who will? They will of course, but they will wonder why you were so uncomfortable with it. The human body, sex, relationships, are all perfect natural. Some people just make mountains out of mole hill's, really people, it's just sex. :dry: