1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay youtubers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by questionable, Aug 24, 2013.

1. twink182

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure he would lose subscribers if he came out (assuming he's gay); both Troye Sivan and Lucas Cruikshank (Fred) had massive INCREASES their number of subscribers after coming out! While there was once a time when coming out of the closet publicly would have been a "career limiting move", I think those days are long gone. Also, while, for selfish reasons, I would prefer that people declare where they stand, I have a strange admiration and respect for people who have the courage to keep people guessing. Really, as others have said, it shouldn't matter anyway, should it?

2. srslywtf

just wanted to add LUSH to the list

they are quite a cute couple, and itll be interesting to see what happens with the whole relationship being involved with youtube...

3. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, I get his reasons to stay in the closet. Like I said.. I'm not for pushing anyone out. It's his decision if and when to come out. It's just kinda silly.. like most people at the very least suspect it (kinda like it was with Lucas). It's not JUST the fact that he doesn't say anything either, it's the fact that he sort of wants to come across as straight.. by talking about former girlfriends etc (I know gay guys in many cases have had girlfriends before coming out). It's just that.. IF he is gay, then the way he's handled it seems kinda hypocritical. At least compared to Lucas and Troye. He just seems dishonest.

Just one thing though.. him coming out doesn't mean he has to talk about his love life. Neither Lucas or Troye really talk about their love lives. In Lucas' case his Youtube channel has remained the same. He's still doing videos with his BFF, and he hasn't mentioned the gay thing once since he came out. I think that's cool. Like.. it's not a big deal. I still hope Joey can find the guts to come out if he's gay, when he's ready.

I still think he'd lose viewers. Like.. it's different with Lucas and Troye. Troye got famous because he was actually funny, and people could relate to him.. like he talked about tumblr, fanfics etc. That doesn't change even if he is gay. Lucas was famous through his funny shows too, especially Fred. I do think he had a higher percentage of girls thinking he was cute etc, and only liked him because of that, but still not to the same extent as Joey. It's different with him. Joey's whole fanbase consists of girls who basically want to have sex with him. He'd have more to lose by coming out.

Sorry, but I have little respect for people who are dishonest. In Joey's case I really feel like he is dishonest, and avoiding the gay question on purpose. That's why I feel like he's insincere, and kind of comes across like a hypocrite. It shouldn't matter, but if I follow a guy on Youtube.. is it really that much to ask for them to be honest, to trust their viewers? I know you'll probably disagree, but it's just how I feel.

4. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Tyler Oakley, Kingsley (itskingsleybitch), Lohanthony, Davey Wavey, Lucas Cruikshank, and also, I SWEAR Joey Graceffa is gay, or possibly bisexual, but he hasn't come out for sure yet.

5. twink182

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You make excellent points. I am not subscribed to Joey's channel and I haven't really seen that many of his videos. If, as you say, he has been trying to present himself as straight but is, in fact, gay, then I absolutely agree, that's not cool. In fact, if he's actually straight, he should probably "come out" as STRAIGHT, given the rampant speculation that seems to be going on.

6. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know I'm kinda hard on him. But the thing is.. like you said, he's sorta trying to come across as straight. He has talked about past girlfriends, and being in love with girls. This doesn't have to mean anything one way or another, I mean.. gay guys do have girlfriends before coming out. But still.. he's implying that he's straight. And IF he is gay, then I just find that insincere and dishonest. Like you said.. if he's straight, come out and say it! I'm sure he's well aware of the rampant speculation over his sexuality. The fact that he won't talk about it only adds fuel to the fire!

7. Energizerbunnay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My favourite gay youtubers are Soundlyawake, Lesbiananswers, Shep689, and TheNotAdam.

8. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dnielryn he is so cute and hot :3

9. SeriousCas

SeriousCas Guest

DaveyWavey!!
    He does lots of projects

10. Chrissie

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Tyler Oakley (tyleroakley) and Troye Sivan (troyesivan18) are wonderful.

11. Deaderpool2

troye sivan, tyler oakly and diamanda hagan's reviews.
    id watched a few of troye's before he came out as gay because he could be funny but after his coming out videos i watch them to see how its affecting him and how he is perceived by others.
    Tyler i cant even remember how i stumbled on but it was before he became as big as he is now. i watch him because again he can be funny and because he is cute, especially when he has his glasses off. when he was dying his hair (dont know if thats right spelling) and he had his glasses of i was taken aback.
    Diamanda (i dont know her real name) i discovered on thatguywiththeglasses.com but she started on youtube and alot of her old videos are still there. she's :***: hilarious, my brother is scared shitless of her which makes it even more funny. she is actually one of my favourite reviewers on the site, but god does she review some weird crap. she recently got married to her girlfriend as well. go see her first video ricky, its one of my favourites.

12. Northern

I can't name any on the top of my head, but I think the people above have got all the ones I could think of :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Either way, I watch them. Partially just to see what their perspective in the community is, and also because it's more relatable to me (if that makes sense)

13. All41

Matthew Lush and his adorable boyfriend, Arielleishamming, and Mallow610

14. IzCassie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    RolyUnGashaa is my favorite gay YouTuber. He's hilarious, fun, and energetic. You should all go subscribe to him right now if you haven't already.

15. kirsho

kirsho Guest

I grew up watching GDProphetXVII, and another guy called centrefold.

One stopped making videos I think because he felt he's not getting as popular as he'd like to.

And one disappeared without a trace...I am very curious where he's at now (centrefold).

Yeah...following their lives was...sort of depressing actually LOL.

16. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't actively look at channels like I used to. I used to follow a lot of queer collab channels. But off the top of my head, Kingsley (Kingsley) and Nicky (SoundlyAwake) are my favorites. Personally, I was never fond of TylerOakley. I just found him to be annoying.

---------- Post added 14th Sep 2013 at 07:57 PM ----------

Dude, bless your face for mentioning Hagan. She's my goddess and I love her to death. I still need to see more of her work since I fell out of the TGWTG community earlier this year. There are a few other LGBT people on the site, like Iron Liz who I believe is bisexual and although not a reviewer, the title card artist Ven is genderqueer.

All hail Mistress Hagan! Long live Haganstan!

---

Oh GayGod! I forgot he was still around. Honestly, I thought he was really cool until he was kind of pushy about the PETA thing. Meh. Matthew Sledd(?) was a neat guy too. Damn, these guys bring me back to Youtube's Golden Years.

There was also another guy who I used to watch, William Cardno. He was always such a pleasure to see videos from. I never got to interact with him a whole lot on Stickam like others, but they were good times. Sadly he passed away in 2011, but his channel is still up.

17. Deaderpool2

Shh, she has minions everywhere :help:

ive missed the last few of her vids aswell, and she pops up in so many other vids on the site that it shows she is quite popular. she and oancitizen quite often have cameo's together, i love their eat the school girl review, though that is one serious :***: up movie. i love how she has so many weird ass movies then throw a land before time review inn the mix.
    i had no idea about the title card artist, thats so cool, the title cards are hilarious.

18. Blurred Horizon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes this is the one I was going to say. He runs a fitness blog and is extremely attractive. Not to mention all of his videos he is shirtless. He makes funny videos too. He also came out with a video about 10 ways to tell your parents you are gay (penis pancakes being the first one). You should watch some of his vids.

19. James1991

James1991 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Davey Wavey brings out my internalized homophobia... I. Hate. Him. With such a passion. He makes EVERYTHING about being gay, assumes EVERYONE is gay, and ends up feeding into the stereotype that all gay people care about is being gay. I could never watch his videos without hitting my head the entire time just to make it through. He's the epitome of a man-child. He's basically a real-life Peter Pan in all the worst ways.

20. RawringTiger

gaygod
    nicklaws
    thenotadam
    tyler oakley
    davey wavey
    hartbeat