1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out on facebook?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wasn't liking what I was seeing on Facebook and tired of it in short order.

It just seems that people now use social media to do a lot of the work for them. How about speaking to your nearby friends face to face and to your far away friends by phone? I like the use of voice. It conveys a lot.

Also, if you're not on a basis where you can go get something to eat with them, if local, or talk to them, if far away, they're more likely to be acquaintances than friends.

2. RainbowScratch

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah I have wanted to come out on facebook but I don't personally think its a good idea... I changed my interested in to men.

3. theCHIVEguy21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I first admitted to myself that I was gay and was happy with it I changed it on Facebook and made it so I can only see it. I recently put it out for everyone to see but so far no one has noticed.

I assure you if you tell them in person, people will respect you more when you say it with confidence and you will be so happy when you say it out loud. I always get a rush of euphoria whenever I tell someone. trust me it feels so much better.

4. MerBear

5. suppa groovy

Edit sorry i didn't see you did it already please ignore me