1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At what age did you become 'nostalgic'?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by srslywtf, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember having a really bad bout of nostalgia when I was probably 8 or 9. I wanted to be 4 again when I went to daycare, and when my dad lived at home. I started having bad panic attacks when I turned 8, so I really missed being carefree.

I'm having mixed feelings of nostalgia and change right now. I miss the 90s when the music was good, when I played softball, when I didn't have to worry about paying bills. Sometimes I wish I could be 16 again, when I learned how to drive, when I got into my first same sex relationship. I would have done things so differently.

But I also want things to change. I really want to expand in my job, to move out of the house and find one of my own, to travel and meet someone special. :slight_smile:

2. biggayguy

I always did love the stuff my parents listened to. Jim Reeves, Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, The Beach Boys. Listened to the old time radio shows on cassette like; The Lone Ranger and Green ######. Maybe that's why I like so many forms of music today.

3. George

Oh yes I've been nostalgic for a long time. It seems like the "good times" for me have always been about 5-6 years in the past. There is this illusion that everything was simpler back then, and I miss a lot of my old friends from those days. It doesn't help that I keep massive archives going back about 10 years. There are times I've spent hours looking through them at all the old pictures, videos, and conversations. I'm going to try to focus more on the present though. It's not good to always be reminiscing - there is a moment available right now just waiting to be seized. :slight_smile:

4. ryanalexander61

Probably since I graduated college.

5. antago

The world is nostalgia; you are waking up.

6. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I occasionally get nostalgic about very specific things like LP's, or phone numbers with a named exchange, or the 1950's cars that were the old clunkers of my childhood. And I have a ridiculously good memory for past events that has made me the de facto family historian (and I am writing things down as I think of them). But despite the soul-searching and worries and decisions I am stuck in the middle of right now, I feel like my "good old days" were days of denial and low self-esteem and fear, and it's hard to get too nostalgic about them. Yesterday's gone--don't you look back.

7. blueberrymuffin

Pretty much when i realized things were better back then. I'm still kind of a kid, probably because i didn't really have an adolescence.

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I've been nostalgic about my childhood for a while now. I guess once I hit my teens. I was a lot more happier as a child. Back before my parents divorced, before my brothers grew up and moved away, back when my only concerns were getting past a certain dungeon on Majora's Mask or racing my brother home afterschool so I could watch one of my favourite cartoons, or my dad and I would watch Speed Buggy and Tom and Jerry. I have very vivid memories of those times.

Life was seemingly really good back then but I know my parents were going through a rough situation themselves and my dad was still having trouble with immigration and legal stuff so there was tension that my brother and I weren't mature enough to notice. But I'd still take that period of my life over my teenage years, I think.

I don't know. I'm mainly nostalgic about videogames and memories from my childhood. (Like I'll constantly replay Spyro games and old Pokemon games just to relive good times.) Same as with some middle school nostalgia and early high school nostalgia now that I'm going off to college shortly. Life goes so much faster the older you get and it's kind of scary. I can't imagine what'll be like once I hit my twenties or thirties.

9. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I often become nostalgic about my childhood, wishing I could have it over. I'd do so many things differently. Oh well... I guess I started to become nostalgic around 10 years ago (at the age of 15). Could've been at a younger age but that sounds about right :confused:

10. Pocky

I started to get nostalgic about 18 years old, when I started getting high and trying to just numb myself.

I just wanted to be 13 or 14 again ...before all the confusion about my sexuality and traumatic abuse that began at around 15.

It's weird though, now I've been completely clean for over two years now and study as well as work. Now, for example, I just hear a song from a few years ago and even though my life was really shit, I still get a wave of nostalgia.

Smells, like stuff my mum used to cook and even really random things like deodorants or cologne that I or someone I know used to use just take me right back to that time.

11. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    I'm 13, and I'm nostalgic. I'm nostalgic for the n64, it was my first system when I was 1. I'm nostalgic for flip note hatena, which was like YouTube for me. I have a sort of hypernostalgia.
    I also love old video games, more than a lot of adults who just think they love them because of the nostalgia they have for them, which is fine too.

12. I been going through my chronic stages of nostalgia since as long as I can remember... every year just feels so different. No matter what year it is, I'm always reminiscing about "last year".

13. Amerigo

i only like 80s music. i hate that i can't just discover a new song every now and then.

14. Vanille

I started feeling nostalgic when Toonami stopped airing. I know it's back now but it's still not the same. And I feel that way when I play certain video games like FFX or Spyro

15. Pocky

Oh yeah. N64 sends me into a time warp!

Rainbow Road, Mario Kart 64...hell yeah!