1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Horrible Letter Sent to Mother of an Autistic Son

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Jared, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The woman is a moron clearly since she can't even spell vamoose right.

2. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm please I don't live in a neighbourhood where people have opinions like this or like the 'tough' person who wrote the letter anonymously. To be this cold hearted it absolutely beyond me.

They child cannot control the way he behaves or how he sounds....but intolerant people CAN control the way they behave and sound.

I would rather listen to screaming all day than someone uttering words of intolerance.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank-you for being a discriminatory a-hole. Bravo for someone who being from the Pride community who's still so closed minded. Being autistic myself, it just saddens me that people like you have this attitude and I wish there was some way to change it.

4. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I half agree with this. Although I don't like thinking about this, I have to face the fact that some autistic kids do make obnoxious noises every now and then, and it is a bit disturbing.

I myself have an autistic cousin, who fears me and every time he sees me runs away screaming. I know how being around heavily autistic kids can be, but by no means I would write an anonymous hate letter to the family.

The letter was completely out of place, extremely offensive and discriminatory. I don't deny that at all. If this woman really had to complain, she should have done it face to face, in a civilized, polite and empathetic manner.

5. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an Aspie, and agree whole heartedly.

6. MixedNutz

I can't even begin to understand the hate people have. It makes me wonder what happened to them in their lives that made them so hateful. People are not born like this.

7. uwi

uwi

what a heartless twisted witch! *SMH*

8. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can understand being frustrated, but thats when you go face to face with a cup of coffee and work things out, not....

Nope, i was going to rage, but its not worth the energy.

9. Beware Of You

Sometimes I loose faith in humanity. I was almost in tears at this letter.

Poor family, they can't help the way their kid is who they love. I lived next door to an autistic kid, I played with him, I never thought anything of it, Kids don't care.

Only narrow minded hateful people do things like that. If I had an autistic kid (unlikely considering being gay) or someone in my family did, I would love that kid regardless, go playing with him/her, take them everywhere just like anyone else would. I would not let people like that get me down,

10. Wells

Wells Guest

That writer knew what she was doing was wrong. Thats why she never put her name. I hope she does get charged. I live around an autistic relative and I know it is hard and tiring sometimea. Think about the mum. At least she can cope with him how she should. She is a great mum and I know that because it takes a ton of sacrifice and dedication and love and so much more to raise a special needs child. She deserves respect for that. And now there'a the looming threat that the neighbour could hurt him...

11. MrSteve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's fake, I've seen it on my Facebook feed, every so often one of these mysterious incidents happen and someone sends it around.

12. Pocky

Uh yeah...I guess the interview with the mother was just part of an elaborate prank.

I do think that there is a fairly strong possibility that this was actually written by another child but it doesn't make it any more ok.

13. Convoy

I don't know. It may have been however mothers are vicious when they want to be; and not always computer literate either.

As sad as this is, it doesn't surprise me; people when left to their own inhibitions will make irrational and self centered decisions even if it cases hardship to others and this is just another case of that.

The only way of spreading more awareness and reducing conflict is education, tolerance, compassion, compromise, etc. I'm afraid that tolerance and compromise isn't at an all time high now in the political atmosphere and that is most certainly trickling down to peoples actions.

If we don't take actions in caring for these people, federal/state or other provincial care to them they they will suffer in a poor life, deprived of their rights and subjected to abuse. People have to ask themselves, am I willing to contribute to that?

I know the "issues" with the system however look at where it doesn't exist and compare. There is no comparison; without politicians having put in place the laws, systems, and regulations that exist today in many, many, regions these people wouldn't exist.

Opposing that is just, unfathomable in it's disregard for human life; and in my humble opinion, that's a slippery slope.

Just sharing some opinions, this is a topic somewhat close to me since I have known people with autistic and other disabilities for a long time and having a connection with my parents who work for the state.

14. MrSteve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't realise it was real, basically the place where it happened shares the name with somewhere near to where I live in England so I assumed it was fake. I stand corrected. :slight_smile:

15. Milhouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an adult with what is probably a form of high functioning autism that has not yet been diagnosed. I do, however, have a diagnosis for Sensory Processing Disorder, which is incredibly common in those who have autism. So, I know how it is to not have your body work the way you want it to, to feel totally overwhelmed from your environment and shut down all the time. I also used to make loud annoying noises, which I may still do on occasion.

I've also feared some of the things this lady said in the letter, that no one outside of my family would ever love me and that I wouldn't be able to contribute to society. Okay, I may not have severe autism, but even on the milder end of things I can certainly see why a letter like this would be devastating to those involved.

I admit, us neurologically challenged people aren't always easy to be around, but a lot of us tend to be kind-hearted people who do the best we can to survive and fit in with others in our surroundings. I'm just hoping that this family and others like them are able to find peace, comfort, and support from those around them. Too many parents and children are left alone to deal with crap like this.

Yeah, a lot of Brits did move here all those years ago, so they named a lot of cities, states, etc. after places they were familiar with in England. In fact, most cities in North America have names that are derived from European and/or Native American cultures.

16. AAASAS

Look up Ontario and you will see every single British city there, the British renamed Canadian cities after the beat the French out(the french actually kept a lot of Native names). Then we went further to rename any town with a German name to a British name, Berlin, Ontario became Kitchener.

I live in Bolton, Above Brampton, Right below Tottenham, just east of Cheltenham, and Erin. All of those names accurately describe my location in Canada even though they are all in England. I even grew up on Sirlancealot Court off of Royal Terrace. Canadians went ape shit with British history.

You should see how much England has influenced the world, the same goes for Australia.

I am from Ontario the province this happened in and haven't really heard any follow up on this story.

So I am thinking it wasn't easy to find out who, especially without warrants to check peoples computers which would've been impossible to achieve.

Whoever it is is a total write off anyways and I think they are punished enough by having to be such a shit person.

17. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Doesn't apply just to Canada and Australia. There's places with the same names basically everywhere the British colonized. The county in Michigan where I work has at least a couple places with UK names. We have Dundee Township and London Township. Of course, there are references to other settlements, such as Frenchtown, or Berlin... If you look at almost any town in the United States, you'll find it's named for either a historical figure, or another place in the world.

18. AAASAS

^
    I was more referring to the fact that English Canadian towns are almost entirely named after either British or Native words. The U.S also uses their own unique names something that is not very common in Canada, it is more likely as a Canadian that you live in a town with a British name. I referenced Ontario because that province alone has almost every major British city name in it.

Canadians were very lazy or very loyal when it came to naming towns. You don't find places like named Athens, and Minneapolis... Cairo, or anything like that in Canada like you do in the U.S.

Also Canadian main street is by default usually called Queen or King Street. Almost every Canadian town has a Queen or King street.

All of this is especially true in Ontario.

I am sure the U.S has the same deal going on but they weren't loyal to the crown since conception like Canada has been therefore they have deviated in their naming scheme, I wouldn't really consider American cities to be copies of British ones to the extent that Canada has.

Most major Canadian cities are named after something british with the exception of Montreal, Winnipeg and Toronto. The rest are named after British names. Majority of our provinces are British.

I personally would've rather we named everything after natives like America tended to do, but thats what we decided was best.

I love how America made it's own decisions to name A LOT after places that don't exist already. It makes everything sound more original and gives a little bit of respect to natives.

But yea I don't think you are right, America's town's are not named after British towns for the most part. America took more of a Spanish, Ancient History and Native approach to town naming, only colonial America named things after British, because they were British. The thirteen colonies are the extent of homage paid to the British for the most part.

19. Emulator

People can do drastic things when in a burst of anger I guess. Though calling other children "normal", and asking for the boy to be euthanised was totally uncalled for. Such atrocities, really.

20. Bright Eyes

My mom told me about this, and, honestly I couldn't even bring myself to read the article.
    I have two siblings with autism. My sister has moderate autism. My little brother is more severe. He is nonverbal and probably always will be.
    I just can't believe anyone could be that hateful to someone so sweet and innocent. I can't even imagine what I would do if someone said this my brother or sister.