1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Gang :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by RedHead365, Aug 18, 2013.

1. RedHead365

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey everyone!

This is new for me, and i'm not comfortable yet sharing my name, but for now you can just call me Red (on account of my hair, or pokemon, whichever you prefer). I'm female, 19, and heading into my second year of college.

So far my experience coming out as a bisexual woman had been fairly accepted and taken in stride, as I made new friends and told them as soon as I felt like i could. Sooner was better for me, and soon most everyone knows. However, telling my parents has been difficult.

The reason I joined today is that I was outed by my best friend's parents. My parents are divorced and so only one parent knows, but I'm unsure of how to go about helping out my mom deal with this, and whether or not to ask her to keep it a secret from my other parents just yet.

I would love to chat and get some helpful advice, and it seems like a lot of the info sections on here would be helpful, and i may print out and give the "myths about bisexuals" to her, but I feel like there should be more.... How should I deal with being outed?

Thanks everyone, I look forward to sharing this community!

Love,
    Red

2. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    G Day Red and welcome. No one is going to hold it against you if you keep your real name secret, probably not a bad idea to do so. I hope you enjoy EC

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: