1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want people to know I'm gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by smokey-knows-all, Aug 17, 2013.

1. smokey-knows-all

I'm starting at highschool soon and want people to know I'm gay. Partly because i hate having to explain every time a guy hits on me, but I really am ready. So how do i go about this without going up to random people and telling them?

2. Niko

Wear something rainbowy. Like a pride bracelet perhaps. :slight_smile:

3. smokey-knows-all

i think i need to just order a IM GAY shirt and wear it every once in a while because nobody really notices bracelets

4. flight

Well that's a bold way to come out. Congrats on having such confidence to A) Come out to people in high school and B) Be proud of who you are!

5. Data

Data Guest

Get a rainbow accessory; something you can wear that is visible and easily identifiable.

Color a binder rainbow!

I had a pin on my backpack that I used to hold my stuff for work that said "Don't ask, cause I'll tell" and it was set against a rainbow background. You could do something like that.

Also if all else fails, you could use the guy hitting on you to spread the word. When a guy hits on you, just tell him you're a lesbian. Take the hitting-on as a compliment and use the guy as a way to spread the word. He will surely tell everyone that you like women, since no HS guy who is ever rejected will fail to place blame on anything not under his control.

If you have a GSA consider joining it.

That's all I got! Good luck! I'm sure it'll be pretty easy to accomplish. :slight_smile:

6. Vanille

I think one way to do show you're gay is to mention women you find attractive like celebrities and such. And yeah a shirt is a good idea. I remember when I brought a bracelet and veeerry few people picked up on it, though it could've been because I was in college, high school could be different. When I wore my gay pride shirt though a lot of people I knew picked up on it and asked me about it. And then I bought a beanie that says "I luv boobies" on it and well at that point I think it's pretty obvious haha So yeah I think clothes are a good way to show that you're gay.

7. ScatteredEarth

I'm not sure about your school, but most of them tend to ban 'provocative' clothing which the shirt could fall under for some strange reason. I'd try telling the most gossipy person you know and have her spread it around :3

8. kwyjibo

How about one of these?

9. Kyllani

I'm having a friend knit me a rainbow beanie to wear to school this semester. I figured it would be more visible than a bracelet.

You can also check out one of the online stores that sells pride items. Amazon also has a ton of rainbow stuff!

#9 Kyllani, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013