1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What sets you apart from other people (other than LGBT)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Aug 15, 2013.

1. ahundredpennies

I'm good at the Diablo. Eh... that's it.

2. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am pretty laid back and it would appear that not a lot upsets me, but when people peel back that layer and find a passionate, honest and empathetic person, they are surprised and feel that I am a loyal person.

So I would say Loyalty set me apart.

3. Hexagon

Thinking about it, I came up with a few more:
    -Open to, and encourage polyamory
    -Vegetarian
    -I sleep during the day

4. Jeneric

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I eat my pancakes with Vegemite.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    + 1

Also, I can strike up a conversation with most people, though I do less of that as time goes by, and I am really interested in other cultures so, of my friends, many are foreign.

6. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a very weird taste in music.

7. GayNerd

-I know all the Kardashians
    -I am a True Nerd
    -I know how to play "Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock
    -I know Roseanne Barr's full name:Roseanne Cherrie Barr Pentland Arnold Thomas Argent

8. FreeFlow9917

Im weird, i like football (not for the bodies, well maybe) and i play it, i love any form of competition, if you asked me to dress girly i would, i dont even appear gay

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2013 at 08:31 PM ----------

Oh well, i broke the rules of this thread

9. Djinn

I have a made up language based on gibberish words that I use out of impulse. Chyi'ka.

10. kresukun

I was always the one among my friends to give the best relationship advice, even though I had never been in a relationship before.

11. BudderMC

I'm half-Korean and half-Portuguese and have yet to meet anyone else with that racial background (besides my brother who doesn't count).

I'm an engineering student who works in the personal support field; that sets me apart from both my engineering peers and my coworkers.

Those are probably the two biggest ones outside of the "I'm gay" thing.

12. biggayguy

Is that like "speaking in tongues" or is it something else?

13. Munyal

I play Star Trek Online, I am a budding Whovian, I am the only trekkie my age in my entire town, and I play classical piano.

14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I guess I ignore or else question alot of societal customs. You might say I'm quirky~ I just really hate to be predictable. I think i have patience for stuff my friends or the average person in my day 2 day life wouldn't, like movies or shows with alot of story and little action or music that's not constant blasting in your face guitar. And I'm into stuff like anime/manga or certain games that people mostly never heard of around here. I like to sample and appreciate alot of different styles of entertainment while I don't hate much anything. Oh yeah, it's probably impossible to really piss me off of make me feel hatred. It's just a poisonous emotion I see no point in and want nothing to do with.

Arcade Fire is one of my favorite bands =] Massive attack is cool toooooooo

15. ScatteredEarth

I want to learn how to play that game xD I hear Sheldon say the rules but I can never remember them :3

16. BooksJeansTea

I am double jointed in all my fingers and ambidextrous. I had a sword/knife collection as a child (we're talking pre-k/elementary age) but a lego minifigure collection as an adult. The texture of food is more important to me than flavor. Texture of clothing is more important than color. - basically texture is extremely important to me. I'm afraid of sheep.

17. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Im heavily invested in the japanese music industry and over all japanese culture/language. I use japanese and read/translate it on a daily basis (though im still no where near proficient). Watch japanese television through streaming etc etc. (and its not just anime)

But I do love anime/manga. It will always be very an important part of my life and has been the source of years of pleasure and enlightenment. It has sparked countless moments of introspection and reflection of my own person. I'm a bit of an elitist on the matter and get personally afflicted when people say they hate anime/manga, or japanese things because they don't fully understand them. I like to think of myself as an expert on anime, or at least an aficionado of sorts because ive literally spent ~10 years being invested in it. I watch anime raw or with subs if im feeling lazy, and most anime i've seen others don't know about it.

I'm black. Idk if that counts, but most people either have trouble seeing that I am gay because I'm black, or the fact that im so obviously gay make people disregard the fact that I am black, as if you can only be one or the other.

I don't subscribe to fit in with any sort of stereotypes on purpose; as in, I don't care about being perceived as black, so most black guys (really only black guys) hate me or think badly of me for not being interested in rap and violence and shit xD

Honestly, I just see it as - I'm too busy focused on just being a person to care about trying to fit into some black cliches & stereotypes.

I'm a bit quirky as well. Most people know me as being bombastic and a massive trivia enthusiast. I'm that kid in class who isnt afraid to answer a teacher question on the first day of school.(like.. that happened today, every1 just looked @ me, and im in the back seat so it was awkward as hell, lol)

Its a bit braggy and arrogant, but im the kind of person who really only has to put a bare minimum amount of work into school to get straight A's. Many people (some my friends) get mad at me for it, because my worst effort is almost 100% of the time an A-, or a B+ on a test if its a particularly bad day. I try to avoid academic contexts because of this, but being in school/a high schooler, it's impossible to completely avoid. If I ever try, I usually perfect almost everything I try, and sometimes just to avoid strife, I don't... I will do homework rushed just for the sake of not getting a perfect score sometimes because i literally have done all the math in my head and always know how many questions i can miss, which ones, on homework/test and how it will affect my grade... (MegaNerd alert)

I have a tendency to rant/squabble on for long times like in every single one of my posts on this amazing forum xD

#37 PrinceOfAvalon, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  18. Mr96shyguy

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am very shy and socially awkward, and I can be very pessimistic if some things dont go the way I want them to

On the brightside,
    I can speak in a British, French and Russian accent fluently.

#38 Mr96shyguy, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  19. Foxface

I'm a trained therapist who still wears MLP shirts and hoodies
    I am a furre
    I am polyamorous

Foxface

20. SchwulIstCool

Dans mes rĂªves de New York et des blazers...
    I'm just generally weird. :/