1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT from another countries!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by swifter, Aug 12, 2013.

1. SchwulIstCool

Dans mes rêves de New York et des blazers...
    I concede to having heard stuff like this, but more from people who are parents age and above...maybe I'm lucky to live somewhere where my exposure to different cultures is quite big, but I think there's some hope coming out of our generation, I don't know anyone who actively said those sorts of things except for one or two people who wanted to sound cool. Are people our age just as bad as older generations where you are?

And I think many people would disagree on the media front, especially from the BBC :dry: I think the biggest problem is the tabloid press when it comes to this sort of issue - we've seen the sort of power The Sun wields, and I know vaguely some people who take it as political gospel (whatever politics are in it, I don't even know). But I think we're in a better position than, say, France is right now on the issue, considering the National Front gets a small, but significant chunk of the vote there. We just have to hope that the Tories don't have to pander to possible UKIP defectors when vote time comes in two years time, and I really hope people don't use the tabloid press as a guide as to whether or not we should leave the EU o.o I fear that that may be the case >.<

2. CheesyGoose

I am from Estonia. Yes I grew up there. I suppose I'm proud of the place. I do speak the language, yes. So far I haven't heard any laws against being gay in here. But it may not be safe, since there are a lot of old fashioned people here, including homophobes and such, who can go to the extremes in order to rid the country of people like me. And yes, I have met other LGBT from Estonia.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My boyfriend's from Canada, and he says it's so much more accepting than the US.

4. Hexagon

I live in birmingham. Its pretty diverse. No, people our age aren't as bad, though I wouldn't exactly call them hopeful. They're just apathetic.

Well, the BBC hasn't been actively demonising people. But I guess I get frustrated by how they never portray non-british people in the uk in a positive light, just a 'problem' to be solved. Tabloids are evil. This has already been established.

5. Gibson85

I live in a town in US where people seem pretty "sheltered" Im going to say. Where they havent met to many gay people and get stares down the street walking with my partner. but where im from originally was and is becoming more open to lgbtq community.

6. SchwulIstCool

Dans mes rêves de New York et des blazers...
    Well if they banned football and Page 3 girls, we might have a fighting chance? :wink:

7. Hexagon

hehe

8. I live in a working-class "neo-chinatown" community that's 10 miles east of Los Angeles, California, USA (just to give you an idea of where I live). Most of the adults (mostly immigrants from Taiwan, Mainland China, and Vietnam) are fairly conservative towards LGBT and if you walked down the road with your bf or gf and showing PDA, you'll get plenty of stares.

There are a few 2nd-4th generation adults in where I live. They're much more accepting than the first-generation adults, but most of them live in the more middle-class and upper-middle class communities that is slightly more inland than here.

I know that I'm not in a different country, but my town has a strong Chinese, Vietnamese, and Taiwanese influence and those countries are rather LGBT conservative so it's a bit similar as living in a different country.

9. swifter

swifter Guest

Yay another hispanic guy! hola che! (that's all i know from the movie sexual tension: volatile x3)!!

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2013 at 12:51 PM ----------

that's fine :3

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2013 at 12:53 PM ----------

ooh i know! because i saw CGPgrey's video about it xD i would love to live in texas though, suhxeh cowboys!! yeehaw!!

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2013 at 12:59 PM ----------

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2013 at 01:05 PM ----------

you'd be surprised that there are many people that believe i'm invading their country which i'm not ! i just want to settle here without harming anyone, in fact i want to help! would a healer like me hurt someone? i would kill a fly, but not a human!

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2013 at 01:06 PM ----------

i love the Netherlands! my grandpa is Dutch! he told me about the amazing places there are! i will be moving there soon, as soon as i learn some Dutch that is T_T... and yeah rural areas where education is limited and not many people have access to beneficial information :/

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2013 at 01:19 PM ----------

The world is slowly changing and it will be done with its acceptance, long after some of us are even here to see it and enjoy it, i have the feeling is either a slow process or WW3 will be about Equal Human Rights, and those countries that are still holding onto "traditional lifestyles"
    It is quite overwhelming the fact that it might come to conflicts between nations, and chaos will be brought once again to the world, more concentration camps, bombs, illnesses, guns!
    I wish we were all jewish, the only thing we would have to worry about (from what my poor knowledge believes, correct me if i'm wrong) would be circumcision.

#29 swifter, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013