1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgendered people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xxaquaxx, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxaquaxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Gender Identity Disorder | Psychology Today

I don't understand transgender people. I know people wouldn't understand the B in LGBT, because we like both genders or whatever, but we don't pretend to be something we're not.

But are transgendered people just gay people with an identity crisis?

Why do they want to become the stereotype of a woman or man?

Why do some of them want to fool other people into believing that they're the other gender? If someone wants a biological male, why tell someone you're a male when you're really not?
    And vice versa.

2. Munyal

Re: Transgendered people make a mockery out of real men and women

First off, trans* people do not have an identity crisis. The majority of the time, thy just know that they are the opposite gender, or a different gender, or a fluid mix of the genders.

Second, not all trans* people are gay. A FtM can like men, women, or both.

Third, trans* people are not in a perpetual state of identity crisis. Some of them know who they are at a young age, and never question themselves.

Fourth, not all of them want to become the stereotypical man or woman, it is just who they are. Some of them are not stereotypically male or female.

Fifth, it is rude to fool people into believing that they are biologically the same gender, but if they aren't open enough to accept them, then they obviously aren't worth it.

3. Joanne

I suggest you do alot more research on the subject before making a thread on a LGBT forum titled "Transgendered people make a mockery out of real men and women"

If you however do want to learn more about it via such a forum, it wouldnt hurt to word your question in a more neutral manner.

4. Nick07

I am not able to find any signs in your post that you actually want to understand. It's like straight people (or gay) would say, bisexuals are sl*ts who can't get enough sex from just one gender. How would that make you feel?

Have you read something like that at EC? Is your post just a flame because you are simply bored and want to have some fun hurting others?

5. timo

......wow

6. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

& ppl wonder why trans* ppl do not want to be associated w/ LGB ppl.

7. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

So I will answer this as someone who isn't trans but has done research on the issue to try and understand it and talked to transsexuals, by having sex change operations or dressing as a gender other than there cisgender (born gender) they are not pretending to be something they are no they are just expressing themselves or making there body to match what they feel inside. They are not just gay because sometimes they will be physically one gender and in love with someone of the opposite gender but than change themselves so they are gay in the eyes of society or it works the other way and they can be post op and straight , gender and sexuality don't go hand in hand. If they live as a male but it doesn't match up to wants in there underwear , who really cares? it doesn't have any effect on anyone but them and there partner

8. Hexagon

Yay, another judgmental cis-person who thinks she has the right to define an experience she's never experienced.

Not understanding is fine. But given your admission that you don't understand, what gives you the right to then make judgements about trans people? As seen when you say "we don't pretend to be something we're not". Transpeople do sometimes pretend to be what they're not - before transition. When a man in a woman's body has to pretend to be a woman even though he isn't.

Some trans people are gay. Some are straight. Some are bisexual. Sexuality is not the same as gender.

No, they want to fix their bodies to align it with their minds.

Because its not fooling. Fooling is what happens when you hide your real gender. And for a transperson, their real gender is who they are inside (incidentally, that is the case for everyone else as well).

Next time you come to a forum with a high population of trans people, try asking us directly, instead of making offensive judgements while cutting us out of the conversation. And try educating yourself. And more than anything else, try to remember that the people you're talking about are people. With lives, and emotions. And we don't want to listen to constant abuse just because you seem to think that you're better than us.

#8 Hexagon, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  9. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Okay. Okay. I'm gonna try my hardest not to become really angry at this. First of all a Male-to-female transsexual or trans woman is a real woman. A female-to-male transsexual or trans man is a real man. Gender and sex are different. "Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs". Because of how we trans*people are born, we have a gender different to our physical sex. Also, most transgender people tell people who they're dating they are trans from the start. The idea that transgender people are deceitful perverts is a transphobic hollywood movie joke that has no credence in real life.

Transgender people are not pretending to be something we're not. By not transitioning, that's me pretending to be a guy. I am not one. You need to understand this, or risk becoming a bigot, just like the people who say homosexuality is a sin. I know that you just don't understand or confused about what we are. I understand that. Just realise that just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it has no credibility. There is scientific evidence for the existence of trans identities out there, just like there is for bisexual and homosexual identities. So please learn about things before you formulate an opinion. You seem to have just guessed, not knowing what you're talking about.

10. ScatteredEarth

Oh no, you do realize you just sparked an argument from hell with your post? In a support forum you should really be a bit more considerate on what you say about others.

11. Jameson

I agree with what everybody else has said. You are being very rude and you seem to not want to understand anything, you just want to cause trouble and hurt others' feelings. Also, posting a poll? What'd you expect, everyone to say "yeah, those transgender are a mockery to REAL men and women!!!"

On a good note, at least the poll has so far revealed a overwhelmingly universal "No" vote.

12. Lewis

Just wow. That's all I can say.

You need to do some research and educate yourself on trans* people. They don't want to be something they are not, they want to be who they are on the inside by fully expressing it on the outside.

13. ScatteredEarth

Yea I would've been fairly shocked to have even seen a 'Maybe'... In this situation it's probably best that we just wait for staff member to delete the thread before it gets out of hand.

14. Nick07

I believe she does and it was intentional. Right after posting it, she logged out. Oh well, there are many kinds of people...

15. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

To be quite honest, I'm just going to lock this thread now before it gets out of control.

There are many people on here, including myself, who have massive gaps in knowledge on this area of support. However, that is not a reason to be so blatantly offensive and crude about it, nor does it allow you to subject an area of our membership base to a poll of popular opinion on whether they're just 'confused' or not.

If you actually want to learn about people who are trans* then all you have to do is ask and treat such members with respect. There are plenty of people on here who would be willing to give you information to consider, but they rightfully won't give you the time of day if you can't even treat them with an ounce of dignity.

If you're genuinely interested then address your queries politely. If you're just interested in trying to make offensive statements and have meaningless polls on it then I'm afraid you won't be given much attention here.

16. ScatteredEarth

Thank you.

17. Jameson

Me too, shutting this down is the only good response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.