LGBT News Russia: MP calls for law allowing gays to be whipped in public squares

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beware Of You, Aug 7, 2013.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

This Is why I hate religion, it's corrupt and make people to the worst stuff possible. Religion needs to die for :***: like this to stop.

2. Emberstone

All you have to know about spotting pedophiles is that they tend to be the most conservative people around, serving in positions of authority, be it goverment, teaching, or your religious clergy. pedophiles have a tendacy to find covers for their behaviors.

everyonce in a while, you will find an anomoly to this, but boastful pedophiles are rare.

3. Umm..pedophiles can not help their sexuality either, gay people in countries that do not tolerate their behavior resort to the same techniques...they try to overcompensate by being the best academically or being extremely religious, or advocating homophobia even.
    Actually they do that even in the US (which I guess is still sort of religious)...

So I am not sure if claiming the pedophiles are conservative is fair..pointing the fingers at them instead is not going to help. There is a lot of pedophiles who are quiet suicidal about it, but you don't have that side of the story on any news.

I understand you just were trying to say pedophilia is different than homosexuality, they are not correlated. But they sort of have the same predicament...only they have no one's sympathy at all..and there are no..treatments other than reducing there sexuality by chemicals and stuff.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not only is this incredibly disgusting, but how does he propose they identify who is actually gay and not set up by somone? You just call the police and say Boris is gay and they take your word for it? I hope all gay people can get out of that horrible country. I am so disgusted by anything remotely Russian sounding right now. It all just has this stench of evil in my mind and I feel so sorry for people stuck there.

What's so insane is they think being gay is evil and they are doing a good thing by threatening people to stay closeted. They'd rather a gay guy marry a woman, become an alcoholic due to his depression of being closeted, beat and abuse his wife and kids, remain a poor loser and raise the next generation to do the same than to be in a happy relationship with a man, work hard, raise healthy kids and positively contribute to society. They refuse to see that forcing people to hide their sexuality actually hurts society. :tantrum::bang:

5. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Putin is hitler all over again...

6. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Putin is the next hitler

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's it, I'm so fucking done with this world. Can someone just shoot Putin before he orders all LGBTQ people to be publicly executed?

8. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel really bad for anyone who is gay in that country.

Certainly puts things into perspective in terms of the things we deal with in America in terms of hatred toward gays. This country obviously isn't perfect, but at least we're not making insane laws like this...

9. Stripe101

Hmmm. I don't think there are 6 million gay people in Russia. Nor do I believe he has any plans of invading Poland. Unless the government itself deliberately starts killing people, I don't think he's Hitler.

10. justjade

Oh my fucking shit. What is wrong with people? Why is there such hatred of the LGBT community? That's just horrible.

11. misunfortunate

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is barbaric. Unbelievable. I thought the world was more evolved than this? Sending blacks to the back of the bus, burning witches, and this are all held to the same level for me. We should be past this. Sometimes I feel like being gay is so close to being okay, and accepted, and normal. But then this kind of thing happens. Whipped in public for being gay? That is pure insanity. Being whipped for anything is insane. This is the 21st century. We are in the future, and the fact that some places are this far from evolving is sad. Will being gay be accepted worldwide and orientation as relevant as skin color ever happen in my lifetime? What if I can't even get married in the future? I hope there's a big revolution or jump in society concerning LGBT people.

12. Ill Never Marry

Wait wait wait

Islamic style corporal punishment?

I didn't know about that. I'm a Muslim and I swear to god that not all Muslims are like that...

I knew that Muslims hates gays, trans and etc. But punishment? I never heard of this...I know a few people that are okay with gays, bisexuals and all. Not all Muslims are straight...

God, that's horrible.

#52 Ill Never Marry, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  13. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Russian MP sounds desperate for attention.

I'm Muslim too. The Sharia does prescribe corporal punishment for certain offences. Flogging is one of them. For sexual offences it really has to take place in public to attract corporal punishment.

#53 MrAllMonday, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  14. ChloeAllison

I also love how Putin pulls the "we don't discriminate against gays, we are just criticizing homosexuality for not contributing to the population" crap and shows his support for his MP calling for psychical punishment of gay pop.

15. Ill Never Marry

Okay, I'm sorry but, NOT ALL MUSLIMS ARE LIKE THIS!!! Saudi Arabia is like this, yes. But that's just one country! Not all Muslims live there! I don't live there and I'm a Muslim. I have Christian friends, Muslim friends, and all kind of friends!

I really don't get why people get mad/upset or whatever when another religion or countries are mentioned...

Why can't people be more friendly?

Sorry if this annoyed you in any way...

16. Sitri

Russia? Can America adopt Tchaikovsky? I mean you don't want him because he was gay and it seems such a shame to let such a famous composer not be loved in his home country... oh, that's right. Americans can't adopt Russians because you were enacting petty vengeance against a dead man!

C'mon Russia, you used to be cool...

17. Miss Loopy

Easy solution: pretend to enjoy it.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm glad i don't live there but i feel so sad for the people that live there they definitely shouldn't have the Olympics there .

19. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Olympics is so insignificant in a sense that it only benefits a small minority of people. Whilst I understand hatred towards homosexuals is unacceptable, you cannot force a country to change by external pressure. It rarely works and a situation is created where the government puts foreign interests first than compared to its own people. If Russia is to change it must come from within.

I'm certain the Russian LGBT movement will be able to handle the situation in time.

20. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Mine has been long gone.

Yes They are and a very important country within the UN. They don't just simply kick people out of the UN for crimes against humanity. The only countries that aren't in the UN are Kosovo, Taiwan, and the Vatican. Then there's the UN security counsel which is in charge of maintaining international peace and security. (Sanctions, Military Action etc). China, Russia, France, the UK, and the US are permanent members. Permanent members have veto abilities show for the most part if, it's not okay with all five countries, nothing happens. Therefore to answer your question No Russia cannot be kicked out of the UN.

You do realize we were allies at the time right? + Nukes aren't ever the answer. We can't now anyways because of China is their best buddies and they wouldn't take that.

Doesn't being a permanent seat give you basically the ability to get away with whatever you want?