1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greek Mythology

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FreeFlow9917, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Northern

I like Aphrodite quite some bit, always thought it was an interesting goddess.

Also who doesn't love Gorgons/Medusa?

2. Aquilo

I like Athena and Eros (The Greek version, the Roman Cupid is awful).

3. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Prometheus and Persephone were always prominent ones to me, and Athena because the goddess of science and crafts.

4. gador

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love Greek Mythology (as well as most other Mythologies)
    I don't have any particular God I like the most, but if I had to choose I'd say Prometheus. He's no Olympian but still a God and I have a fable for tragic stories (and Mythology is so full of it)
    My favourite greek myth would be the story of Icarus but there are so many more and less known like Actaeon, Endymion, Phaeton, ...

5. Munyal

Hecate, 100%! Goddess of magic!

Favorite story is Odysseus's battle with the suitors, because it has a sort of happy ending.

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I weren't into Greek Mythology, I doubt I'd be as much into Homestuck as I am :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My favorite stories are Pandora's Box, Arachnia, Pisces, Hercules (both), Icarus and the Minotaur.

And Hades will always. Always. be my favorite god. Disney, Greek or otherwise. With Hephaestus right behind.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like Hermes/Mercury for their cool winged shoes. I like Athena since she's the goddess of wisdom and I like owls, lol. Artemis is cool because she's a hunter/archer.

Priapus is hilarious.

8. Mhin

What I like in Greek Mythology is their very much stylish outfit :slight_smile:

9. Horizoneyes

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hail Dionysus :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My favorite story though is the Trojan War.

*but I like Nyx and Mnemosyne a lot too. Honestly I prefer the Titans.

#29 Horizoneyes, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  10. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like the story of Uranus and Gaia and the creation of the other gods.

11. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Im a greek mythology buff xD its my area of expertise in my own Scholar bowl division haha!

If I had to say a favorite god, its a tie between Athena and Hecate.

12. ScatteredEarth

Goddess: Athena
    God: Zeus (Because I can)

Although I must say, Pandora's box is still a good story to this day :slight_smile:

13. ron IL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my favorite god is Poseidon cuz he is awesome :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Jay1983

Jay1983 Guest

I have been fascinated by Greek Mythology since I was a child. I have several Greek Mythology books. The latest addition to my collection is a 300+ page book called The Greek Myths by Robin Waterfield.

My favorite is Odysseus. I loved his story.

When I was a kid, I thought Heracles was overrated. But I grew to understand why he was known as the greatest amongst all of the Greek heroes.

The recent Greek myth movie, Immortals by Tarsem Singh was far from accurate but the movie remains as my guilty pleasure. I have the DVD and it's also in my iPad. It really glorifies Greek Gods to the edge.

15. Allecto

I LOVE Greek mythology, it's one of my passions. My favorite goddesses are Athena, Artemis, the Furies, Eris, Demeter, Persephone, and Hecate. My favorite mortals are Ariadne, Medea, Megara (she generally doesn't get much characterization but she's fucking awesome in Seneca's Hercules Furens), Pandora, the Amazons, and Penelope.

All of the gods can fuck off (except for Hermes, he's okay).

16. Ashen

I absolutely LOVE Greek mythology, I've been into it ever since I found a book on it in my library at school when I was like 12. Ever since I've just loved it and I've probably read and nearly memorized ( have a good memory for certain things) almost every Greek myth, except those about Ares because he's just a boring chicken I never bothered to read much about.

My favorite god is Apollo, the god of the sun, prophecy, art, music, writing, light, and justice. I like him a lot because he is the god of writing, music, light, and justice, I love archery, music and am a writer. Plus, his tendency to put plagues upon corrupt empires and kill corrupt leaders, as well as punish the evil, I really like. He kind of embodies the justice over mercy attitude, in addition to being cultured and creative. Plus he was eternally young, and didn't necessarily fool around or do as many bad things as the other gods. So, gotta like him there.

17. lilgrack

I love greek mythology, and am takeing a class on it right now. My favorite goddess has to be Artemis, and I love most of that stories about her. My favorite story has to be though the quest for the golden fleece or the story of Atalanta.

18. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah I like Mythology, I used to love playing Age Of Empires 2.. Loved using the Chimera..

My favorite mythical creature would have to be Medusa though :slight_smile:

19. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was always fascinated by Greek Mythology. It's easier for me to believe that there's a god for everything on Earth. Like God that controls the sea, the wilderness, lightning, anger and war etc.

My favorite is Poseidon for the simple fact I'm just obsessed with everything ocean themed. The sea is mighty, fierce, but also calming and serene.