1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in life after death?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Aug 3, 2013.

?

Do you believe in an afterlife?

1. Yes, heaven

17 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Yes, other afterlife

19 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Reincarnation

19 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. No life after death

41 vote(s)
    43.2%
  5. Other (please specify)

15 vote(s)
    15.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Visiting the graves of family members has got me thinking about whether there really is an afterlife or not. The grave next to my grandfather's is of a 13-year-old girl who died of cancer a few months after my grandfather died, and the girl's mom knew my grandma, and she said to her, "John (my grandfather), is up there watching out for her in heaven."

Do you believe in heaven or some type of afterlife?

2. LinkLarkin

Nope, I'm completely atheistic. I've always felt more drawn to the idea of reincarnation than afterlife anyway, but when it comes down to it I don't actually believe in either of them. I think we just have to make the most of our time on this planet while we can, and fade out of existence knowing that we've spent our time here well.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Logic and my atheistic views tell me no that there is none, but I wish there was. And there's only one way to find out what happens after you die, and I'm not intending to find out any time soon.

4. MerBear

I wish there was so i can stalk people on the streets 0_o

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well last I remember, I wasn't dead. I just bit my hand and it fucking hurt. Yup. Got nerves. Still alive. So..

I couldn't tell you. Honestly. Maybe? Maybe not? But before I find out that information and pass it along, there are some more important things I'd rather be doing *looks over at boyfriend*

---------- Post added 3rd Aug 2013 at 03:13 PM ----------

Ahaaa... You and me both. What fun that would be.

6. Hexagon

No, I don't believe in souls or an afterlife. There's no evidence to suggest there is, or any credible explanation of what a soul might be made of or what the nature of the afterlife might be. And frankly, I'm glad. I don't want to be conscious for all eternity. A while might be nice, but forever is infinite.

7. MerBear

it would. I would feel like an old time gangster hahaha and Plus I could Go up to the people i dont like and freak them out (if they felt a cold presence. Ironic right?)

8. Matty1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think that I like the idea of some sort of afterlife or reincarnation because when I start thinking about the idea of death it seems so blunt that one day you can be sat there talking to your friends and family and the next you can be gone, forever. I remember when I was little I actually got upset at the idea of there just being nothing after you die and couldn't believe that death would be the end.

But the more logical part of me can realise that with everything I know about science it's impossible for there to be an afterlife or reincarnation, were all just made up of atoms there is no soul that can magically float up to heaven and live there eternally (but maybe that's just me being cynical!)

It's kind of a weird subject for me though because even at 18 years old I've never had a family member or any one I know die I guess when you go through the grief that comes with it you outlook can change.

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I think there's about as much after death as there is before you're born (that is to say, nothing).

10. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, there's no reason for me to believe it. I think wishful thinking and wanting an afterlife to be true is the main cause for people to believe in it. When your brain dies you die, that's where everything is stored.

11. Dekenkaru

Dekenkaru Guest

I believe in reincarnation, however I believe it to be on a more scientific scale e.g when we die we shift onto a different aetherial plain and we keep going until we reach the highest or lowest dimensions where we stay as a higher civillisation or as prisoners

12. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, I believe in life after death. I believe in ghosts and spirits. I believe that the soul leaves the body once dead but still lingers here on Earth. I do believe in heaven even though I'm not religious which may sound weird. There has to be.

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Heaven and Hell: not at all. Reincarnation is an interesting concept to me, though I don't really follow it either.

14. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Used to, but not anymore.... :frowning2:

15. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this song is appropriate for this thread... Just saying.

[youtube]BVT78LkPKS8[/youtube]

16. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to believe in some sort of reincarnation, though not necessarily as one being, but perhaps with what was once 'you then going to make up parts of various living things. I'd like to think there was a continuity of consciousness, but I think what happens is more a dissolution of the energy that was you, and then it being assimilated back into other things.

17. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

I do. I think that everyone who forms a relationship with Jesus Christ at some point will have eternal life. I think that God gives everyone a chance to accept Christ into their hearts in their life. I could be wrong, but it's what I personally believe, and it gives me more reasons to spread joy and happiness into the world and tell people about the Gospel, because it really is a wonderful concept, unlike the fire and brimstone sermons that you hear from groups like the Westboro Baptist Church.

18. Hun

Hun

I voted other. I don't care.

19. Connor22

Yes. yes I do.

20. June Cleaver

After being dead for three min, I know we go on. This has been talked about on here before and it got ugly. I have left this body twice now, no tunnel of light, no pearly white gates either. There were people there and it was dark the first time and someone held me the second as I floated off to come to a dark wall where I was stopped and sent back. I also have memories not of this life since youngest childhood Take it for what you will! June