1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Christians on here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vhrebels, Jul 31, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hey. So, I've been noticing that the vast majority of the people on EC are either agnostic or atheist, and it's kind of rare to see Christian people on here. I'm a Christian, and I was raised in the Church of Christ church for about the 1st 12 years of my life. Then, my parents started visiting other churches, and ended up joining a Southern Baptist church. I usually go there, but I've started going to a Catholic church as well and I really enjoy it. My parents want me to stick with Protestantism, which I probably will end up doing, but I think the Catholic church is groovy, and I agree with more of their beliefs than the baptist's beliefs. I think that the bible is perfect, and that Jesus lets people into Heaven who follow and believe in him. I feel called by God to quit smoking weed and drinking, and I'm starting to take my walk with Christ very seriously. Anyways, those are my beliefs. So, I guess this question is more towards Christians, so what do you believe? Also, what kind of Church do you like to go to?

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an ex-ex-ex Christian. I was a zealot who was raised in the Methodist church until I was about 14, and I realized I was an atheist. At 17 (just last year), I saw the face of Jesus and tried to be a Christian again and after realizing it was a fluke and I see faces all the time, I realized I was just fighting myself and had to realize I just don't believe in it.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a Catholic (more-modernist Catholic though), I enjoy the Catholic Church (at some points). When I'm home, I go Mass and when I'm at college, I go to church.

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm pretty sure we have quite a few Religious peeps here. I'm not one, for personal reasons. But we do have as many as atheist/agnostic, at least I would say.

5. Hexagon

I was born to christian parents. I called bullshit when I was seven and twelve. The time when I was twelve stuck.

6. biggayguy

I was raised in Baptist then Pentecostal churches. As a young adult I went to interdenominational churches. After coming out to myself became Catholic and now I'm thinking about becoming Anglican. There have been too many healings and miracles in my life to deny the power of God.

7. KhanSaheb

I went to a Southern Baptist private school. Their worst mistake was to instruct me to study the Bible. Once I delved into its history, and that of religion in general, I became an atheist.

8. FreeFlow9917

So-So i believe there is a god, but it's the radicals and extremists are the ones that make me stay away

9. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

There are many Christians on EC, including me. I think many of us just tend not to get involved with religious threads. You're certainly not alone in that regard.

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a cradle Catholic, but pretty agnostic (coming to terms with my sexuality played a large role, but so did becoming a scientist) even though I still never miss Sunday Mass. I think I like the ritual symbolism and especially the music. Most people probably think I'm very pious, but I like to keep my religious beliefs private. I was always pretty liberal in my views due to recognizing the hypocrisy of some super religious relatives, and I most identify with the social justice and intellectual sides of the Church.

I'm in the closet, and I don't really know what I will do when I come out or start having relationships. Honestly, I have no desire to join another denomination or religion just to feel more accepted.

11. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They have pissed me off over the years, I disagree on some church points of view, and I'm not good about attending but, yeah, I'll raise my hand and say yay instead of nay.

13. Stripe101

[​IMG]

Not since I was like 12. My parents don't know so I was forced to go to religious education. Let's just say I "taught the controversy" in that class.

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just curious. Why are you thinking about switching? In one post, you mentioned that the Catholic church was a love-fest compared to the pentecostal ones. By comparison, I could only imagine. I thought the term love-fest was funny. However, I do believe the Anglican church is the most tolerant of them all, unless there's another tiny denomination that is above them in tolerance. They all have ministries dealing with the poor, the sick, and social justice issues, so it's hard to say which one is more altruistic.

15. FJ Cruiser

Yeah, there are plenty here, but many, many more smug atheists on here judging by how four of the 13 replies so far have been "LOLZ USED TO BE".

16. I'm Catholic, it still causes some conflict. Hopefully one day I'll find peace between my religion and my sexual orientation.

17. ScootalooBanzai

Non-religious, born to a family of lapsed Catholics who ditched all the dogma but kept the guilt.

Oodles and oodles of GUILT.

So I suppose that I have an idea of what it's like being Catholic. I don't like it.

18. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am! I just worked as a counselor at a christian sleepaway camp for a week. I think there are definitely some of us here, but the agnostic and atheist users are possibly more vocal.

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was raised *very* casual Methodist. We went to church a few times, but my parents essentially let me make up my own mind. I accordingly created my own mishmash of religious views, but I'd say I'm Christian for generally believing in the direct lessons of Jesus. The rest of the bible I can leave.

20. transporter76

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, Christian almost all my life. I was raised in various Baptist churches and struck out on my own at 18 and joined a non-denom. fellowship. Eventually went back to a Baptist church and now attend a Vineyard church. Used to be in vocational Christian ministry, meaning that i earned an income from it.