1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guilty Smoking :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Alexander69

I smoked again today it's been a week since I last did everytime I smoke I think I hve cancer or will get it. I used to smoke in high school like alot and was off and on and quit for a few years and then started again like off and on I don't smoke every day like every week - 4 weeks or even months but I'm scared :frowning2: I have obviously no symptoms of any cancer but I'm so scared if it so I told y friends never to let me have anther one I don't want to die :frowning2: ugh

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you considered an e-cigarette? Many of my friends use them now that the University I attend is now tobacco free, and they love using the e-cig. If you're afraid of getting cancer but still have a urge to smoke then I highly recommend an e-cig.

3. Alexander69

See I never crave one I do it socially ugh I hate it

4. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are a social smoker, then maybe you should start hanging with different people?
    People that don't smoke.. It could help :slight_smile:

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :bang: One Cigarette... Will.. NOT... Give.. You.. Cancer!:bang:

As it's been stated before, and as research shows, that it's chronic smoking, which means people smoking PACKS a day for YEARS get cancer.

I'll admit that smoking tobacco is terrible for your health. But it's like fast food: One hamburger will not make you fat. Lots of fatty foods every day is what clogs people's arteries and gives them heart attacks (and makes them fat). There's another piece of information that seems to miss many people's heads (not just yours), and that's probably due to propaganda. But nevertheless, it's information everyone needs to know. It's not WHAT you're eating/smoking, it's more of HOW MUCH.

As for quitting, I've heard that e-cigs are good. Or just do what I did and kill it. I hated smoking cigs. I felt really dirty doing it.

6. LD579

One concern is that many chronic smokes start out as social smokers. Eventually, it kind of grows on them...

I'd recommend that you either don't smoke socially, or stay away from situations where you're put into such a place, especially because you don't seem to enjoy it or the aftermath.

7. Alexander69

I hate everything about it but I have to look "cool" still right an OF course smoking for that RIGHT! Ugh so stupid I feel stupid! I hate Friday nights

8. LD579

Who says you have to look cool? You really do have a choice here:

1. Smoke cigarettes and 'look cool'
    2. Find an alternative that's much less hazardous to your health and less conforming, which includes abstinence from cigarettes

EDIT: many people don't like cigarettes, either. For instance, if I had to choose between 2 people who were exactly the same but one smoked cigarettes and the other didn't, I'd choose the one who didn't by far. Besides health concerns, it also costs money, has aesthetically unappealing consequences, and the smell lingers on things. There are probably more reasons but that's what I thought of off the top of my head, so to speak.

#8 LD579, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are also other ways to "look cool"

Like shades.

[​IMG]

See? Those guys look way cool without cigs.

10. ScatteredEarth

Trust me, even if you do smoke, you will most likely still live a long life.. My great aunt lived to be 81 before she passed away and she smoked atleast 4 or 5 cigarettes a day. My grandmother is 76, and she smokes a few times a day, my other grandmother is 62 and she smokes like no tomorrow.

11. LD579

Perhaps your family is the exception, and not the rule, so to speak. Besides, many factors, including genetics, contribute to longevity. It's not unreasonable to think that they'd live longer if they didn't smoke, with all other things being the same.

12. timo

:eusa_clap

One cigarette a week, what are we even talking about?! You'll be fine.

13. leer

It took a few attempts for me to stop smoking I to started at school was 15 I finely stopped by gradually reducing them . I failed because I just stopped millions have managed to stop in their own way . Alexandra you are worrying to much you wont quit if you continue to worry hope you dont take offence .

14. Alexander69

I smoked like 6 today :O bit just one if it was one then I wouldn't care as much. But I'm just never doing I again I made it clear to my friends my throat is irritated now to like the part at the bottom of your neck there

15. ScatteredEarth

I get that irritation out of nowhere sometimes. But if you really want to stop smoking, consider a nicotine patch or an e-cig. They are good alternatives to feeding your cravings without the serious repercussions.

16. Hudson

THIS!

I smoked for a year-year and a half or so - about two packs per week, so hardly a "chain smoker," but more than I'd ever like - and got an e-cig June 22nd, and haven't had a cigarette since!

Totally recommend a good, quality e-cig (none of those stupid gas station ones). The initial purchase will set you back around $100 or so, and after that you just need to buy new fluids (I have decided Spearmint is my favorite! With Blueberry close behind!) and, umm, wicks, I guess? They are little things that you replace every two-four weeks (they're like $5 per - cheap cheap) depending on how much you use it.

I tried quitting cold turkey and it was the same old thing - a few days later, "oh, I'll just get ONE MORE pack to have when I'm drinking this weekend," followed by, "well... it's Tuesday... and my pack is out... one more for the rest of the week won't hurt..."

Since the day I got it, I haven't thought of getting another pack - it gives you a bit of nicotine, AND something to puff on, which gives your mind the idea that its smoking.

100% recommend it.

... and no, I don't sell them, lol. Just an honest user recommendation, lol.

17. Hexagon

Its worth noting that the plural of anecdote is not data.

18. ScatteredEarth

I suppose what I said is based off of a small handful of people. I reject my last statement but I will say that it is still possible to live a long productive life. One thing that helped my uncle quit was finance.. He found out that he was spending over $1700 dollars a year in cigarettes and decided there is much more things that could be done with 1700 than simply feeding an evil habit.

19. Perseus

Just quit smoking before you get addicted. And smoking doesn't feel good, I feel like throwing up when I breathe in the smoke from someone passing by.

20. Alexander69

I will I never want to do it again I was researching cigarette last night how aweful but ya no never again I actually want to live my life out