1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by OhSOCurious, Jul 26, 2013.

?

Which next generation of gaming will you partake in? (Can choose more than one)

1. Xbox One

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Playstation 4

19 vote(s)
    57.6%
  3. Gaming Personal Computer

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. A Mac, because you don't expect to game at all.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. I don't game, and probably don't belong in this section of the forum.

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OhSOCurious

Apparently, the Xbox One is having another "modification" :eusa_danc:eusa_clap. While the originally planned, the 500 GB with Kinect Xbox One is said to be released in November of 2013, news indicates that other Xbox Ones are to be sold at a cheaper price. An Xbox One with 500 GB and no Kinect will run about $400 and is to be released in the Summer of 2014 :bang: . While an even cheaper version, released the at the same time as the 'Kinect-less' Xbox One, having a smaller (not yet determined size) hard drive and also no Kinect, running at an proximate <$400. :confused: I guess this is for the better? :eusa_shif :shrug:

What are your opinions on the next gen consoles? Xbox one, or PS4.

Leave replies on which your getting and some opinions on your favorite or opposed console.

PS4: :goodluck:

2. Gen

Gen

Well, I don't believe this is really an Xbox One modification as much as the way the system always works.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 were far more expensive upon release than they are now. Usually even a month after releases prices begin to drop, its actually quite ridiculous.

3. Wells

Wells Guest

I remember playing PS since... whenever I learned how to game, I suppose. I was playing PS1 till like 4 in the morning with my mum playing 40 winks. Then the PS2 came along, ratchet and clank, jak and daxter, kingdom hearts 1+2, and loads more. Then PS3 and now PS4? Obviously. But I.ll get PS4 when Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out (if it doesnt take nearly a decade, like FFXV)

4. OhSOCurious

Looks like i found my new best friend xD

Although i do remember my childhood vividly as far as video games, but i had to drop playstation when i bought the PS3 recently (1 or 2 years ago) and had horrible quality as far as Socializing and actually using it.

I played all the games you did.

As far as taking decades to make sequals, Fallout (from fallout 2 to 3) took 10 years to make a sequal, as well as SimCity (from SimCity Social to SimCity).

5. Foxface

man I have no clue...I guess PS4...no way I am getting Xbox One after the bull they've been pulling

Foxface

6. FreeFlow9917

It's like the monday night wars between wwe and wcw in the 90's, they are both exceptional brands, but eventually one mistake will make it fall, remember what wcw did to try to win, they took results from wwe and wwe eventually bought wcw. Thats what the ps4 is going to do to xbox one and heres why

1.) Overpriced
    2.) Needs a lot of space to use kinect
    3.) Because of sensor, games may be more expensive

Ps4 CRASH BANDICOOT 4 LIFE

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2013 at 12:14 PM ----------

PS4 will win this era, even though xbox won over ps3

7. lukeluvznicki13

I was very disappointed with Xbox One at E3...crudy features, all these requirements and catches included.

8. ScatteredEarth

We aren't even sure if Crash Bandicoot will be released for the PS4.. One thing's for sure, I'll definitely be getting a PS4 this console season.. I grew up around the PlayStation my entire life. I remember playing Frogger with my mom and Resident Evil with my dad. I still remember ducking beneath the couch and hiding whenever a dog attacked his character. I was petrified of the series :slight_smile: Then the PS2 came out, and I ended up playing all sorts of games like Kingdom Hearts, Smackdown vs Raw, Star Wars Battlefront, Resident Evil 4, etc etc.

Then the PS3 came out but I didn't get it until like 3 years ago.. So it already had a large library of games at the time. I unfortunately spent most of my PS3 time playing CoD and on occasion would play an Uncharted game. I find it ironic that now during the final stretch of the new consoles, that I'm playing more and more games constantly.

9. KingdomKeyDK

PS4. You must know why, my friends.

10. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably getting a PS4 at some point. But I'm getting into computer gaming and game creation more and more. Also I don't see why people rip on Macs so much for their gaming ability they really aren't that bad, but I'm still looking for a computer.

11. OhSOCurious

I'm glad there are more people that shared my experience with the PS2 as far as games such as Kingdom Hearts, Star Wars Battlefront and such.

Also i'm finding myself roaming aimlessly once in a while. Sometimes i'll just look for a random game to pick up (if it looks good) and play it for a few months then drop it. So i hope I can own all consoles when i get a sufficient payroll :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :thumbsup:

12. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They tried to bring a Crash game to PS4, but it got turned from Crash into that Knack character. Look up a picture of the character it looks a lot like Crash and I've heard that some gameplay mechanics are going to be the same. But I love the Playstation way more than the xbox that's why I'm most likely going to get one. I really wish they wouldn't have ruined Spyro. They tried to add too much in to it and it wound up being stupid in the end with this new Skylanders thing. It make me sad... Spyro was always one of my favorites, and I'd love to see him revived to what he used to be.

13. sexyalex

Personal Gaming Computer. I am already using an Alienware but my IT buddy told me I need to upgrade to an Acer PC. Aparantly the new versions are better than Dell's and I choose PC because it's more practical for work, study, research AND gaming.

Not to mention, some games are exclusive to ether X-box OR PlayStation. And if Sony and Microsoft came together they would do wonders. Because at the end of the day, all games that are exclusive to ether consoles, are all available on PC.

Take Guilds of War/Gears of War for example....both on PC, but they are both exclusive to X-box/PS4 respectively. It's an absolute tragedy.

14. OhSOCurious

Same here with the PC, Although i had bought my Xbox 360 in the spring of last year, i also bought a gaming rig (computer) that i am much disapointed in XD Although it gets the job done, it's not what i expected. My tip for computers:
    1. Get a desktop only! (if you have a screen already)
    2. Build your own computer (it's significantly cheaper and better performance for the price)
    3. Make sure your rig is upgradable for higher demanding games in the future!
    From personal experience, i bought a Dell XPS Dell Factory Outlet: Error

And it's not all that great. I realized i could build a far superior computer with the same money, or build an equal computer for $200 less.

15. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Being the Sony whore I that am I'll most likely get PS4. But I'll wait for the prices to drop, and to see who makes the most of the new technology. I won't spend that much money on a graphics update.

16. OhSOCurious

Where to begin.... Ok, unless you enjoy buying brand names, don't buy alienware. They're like the Apple of gaming computers. They overprice everything. I'm not saying they suck, i'm just saying they could have better prices.

Also, from personal experience and feedback from friends, i have found Acer's to be unreliable, rather Asus computers last longer (Just opinion, not fact).
    Also like recommended to another post, you should try building your own gaming rig, there is this awesome youtuber that shows you what to get, how to build it, how well it works compared to other computers, and how much it costs. He makes computers from $300 - $3000 depending on what your looking for. With no publicizing intended: you should check him out. Austin Evans - YouTube

17. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How much is it to build a system? I mean I've been really thinking about it, but I just can't justify building a system simply for gaming... I work with music, design, programming, and everything so I really need something versatile.

18. OhSOCurious

#18 OhSOCurious, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  19. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

20. starfish

I'm thinking of picking one up. I have a PS3 now, and I am interested in the DVR feature. Though it depends on that streaming services it works with.