1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm glad CBC has their priorities in order

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kenko, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw this on CBC's site this morning and found it particularly irksome.

So we have a missing woman with dead children, gay protestors being arrested in Russia, and the biggest news article is trying to make the stupid royal family seem relevant?

[​IMG]

2. LinkLarkin

I agree that this is outrageous. I don't think you can blame the website though. They're just trying to keep their business afloat by pandering to the masses of idiots who genuinely care more about one irrelevant baby than the general state of the world.

3. Foxface

I am so sick of this bull**** shit royalty worship. I don't give a single **** what Kate is up to. I wish media would change but frankly we have nobody to blame but the viewers. They'd rather have vapid celebrity gossip than reality

Foxface

4. Amerigo

i don't hate the royal family, i hate those that suck up to them

5. ScatteredEarth

Welcome to the world of media coverups.

6. Night

Night Guest

Welcome to the world of caring too much about things that don't matter, like the placement of news articles on a website.

7. ScatteredEarth

I suppose, but it would still be nice to see the articles of more importance on the top rather than tucked away for less of the general audience to see.

8. Night

Night Guest

The royal baby article and the protestor ones are New, which is why they're above the missing woman one. It has nothing to do with anybody favouring the royals or any other shitty excuse someone will come up with.

It's because they're the newer articles.

9. LinkLarkin

Wow, and I find myself saying to you again: it's really insulting the way you keep coming onto these forums and passing your opinion off as fact. It's fair enough if you don't care about this sort of thing but that doesn't mean that the rest of us are not entitled to care, nor that we are in the wrong for doing so. Just because you don't care doesn't make it unimportant, you are not the moral centre of the universe, looking down on the rest of us lowly humans and telling us what we should and shouldn't get worked up about. Like I said previously, if you have an opinion of WHY we're wrong then please share it with us, but if you're just going to keep making these snide little comments then for God's sake just keep them to yourself.

10. Night

Night Guest

Read my second response to this thread.

As I said,
    So yes, CBC does have their priorities in order - advertise their newer articles first.

11. LinkLarkin

I would have thought that "advertise their more important articles first" would be more appropriate to having their priorities in order. It's not difficult to make a big news story sticky and push the fluff pieces to the bottom.

And honestly, the contents of your second post don't excuse the time of your first post. We're as entitled to our opinions as you are.

12. Night

Night Guest

You're very insistent that I'm somehow saying nobody else should have an opinion, when I haven't even suggested that.

13. ScatteredEarth

Really guys? Let's not argue about stupid things like an internet news site. You're on this forum to get away from petty bullshit, not create it.

14. LinkLarkin

Sorry, my last post should have read *tone of your first post.

Sorry if it seems petty. I assure you I would be more patient if this wasn't the third time I was having this conversation.

Okay, allow me to be more accurate. You haven't said nobody else can have an opinion. You've just made posts on multiple threads (I've seen at least four) that insinuate that the OP shouldn't have bothered posting their opinion, with no reason given except that you don't agree with it. In fact, when was the last post you made that wasn't just telling other posters how stupid they are?

If you want to share your opinion in the form of a counterargument, there are much more polite ways to do it than the pathetic, inflammatory remarks you've been leaving.

15. ScatteredEarth

I honestly had no knowledge of him basically defaming other people's opinions. IF that's the case, then you really should learn to keep such remarks to yourself, but in this particular case I couldn't really see him targeting anyone in particular.

16. Night

Night Guest

I haven't shared my opinion on anything related to the posts I've made, and not once have I given my reason to be that I don't agree.

17. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But the order that the pushed the news articles out, overnight, ensures that when people wake up and check the news, the desired headline is at the top.

18. SlickyPants

I don't really care for the media blitz surrounding Prince George either but I can acknowledge that this is a Commonwealth nation and that Queen Elizabeth II is our head of state and her new great grandson is third in line for the throne makes it relevant to Canada and therefore the CBC should cover it, perhaps more extensively than some local Winnipeg news story or some protests in Russia.

Going to the CBC's Manitoba news page has coverage at the top of the page about the search for the missing mother and her two dead children.

As Night already mentioned, the story about the Royal family was posted more recently than the other two. Sure they probably post them in a certain order for those waking up but they also post other stories throughout the day which would be at the top of the page eventually.

19. UndercoverGypsy

[/COLOR]
    My thoughts on the baby: [​IMG]

Edit: If you saw what I said before this, I took it down because it wasn't really all that EC-friendly.

#19 UndercoverGypsy, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  20. LinkLarkin

"Baby is going to hold an honorary, insignificant position years after most of you are dead" cannot be considered to be more important than "Russia may imprison and/or torture citizens and tourists based on their involuntary sexual identity".

I don't know, maybe my homosexuality biases me but I can't see how any rational person would think the royal birth is the biggest news story at this point in history.