1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ok455, Jul 25, 2013.

1. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I use it but I don't~

2. Harve

So many people on here that don't have Facebook! I can only think of one person that I don't have on Facebook, although many delete it and reactivate it from time to time (exams).

3. BreannaToBrian

Same here.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Might use it as my means to publicly out myself. Change name/gender and post a status explaining the situation...

5. Hudson

I still use it. I do a few statuses a week, or if I feel I have something witty to say, but for the most part, it's used for chatting and keeping up with friends.

I am proud to say I've never once played one of their stupid games. EVER.

6. George

I still have my account but I never really use it. I just log in occasionally to see what my old friends are up to. I don't ever have the desire to post anything of my own though.

7. Foxface

I am off and on with it to be honest. Some days I look to see what folks have posted and other days I ignore it

Foxface

8. Abbra

I have Facebook because I have multiple friends who don't have a phone, so that's my only way to contact them.

9. Hun

Hun

Deleted mine back in 2010 and haven't gone back since.

10. Niko

I still have a facebook, under an alias. Though I've never posted a thing on it, I just have it because my friends told me to get one. :lol:

11. CuriousBunny

I have to keep mine since my grandparents would complain if I deleted it.

12. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like it because I'm a pretty extreme introvert yet still maintain contacts with friends I've had since elementary school. It's pretty hard for me to make long-term friends, so I this is often the only contact info I have for them. Also, it has been invaluable for arranging study groups and general meetings (even some parties) with my fellow batch of graduate students, which really helped make moving to far from home a lot easier.

13. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I've had the same facebook for years, but I hardly ever use it. I mainly keep it so my family abroad can get in contact with me, and most of my childhood friends have either deleted, or I've removed them from my friends list since we never talked, and the rest are just classmates, coworkers, friends/family. So it's basically pointless for me to hold onto it since I just use my phone to text with friends and family.

Facebook infuriates me, anyway. It's best I don't spend more than 20 minutes on there on any given day. I'll probably deactivate it soon.

14. KhanSaheb

Nope! I love Facebook, too. I've always got a tab open to it whenever I'm at my desk. And I'm always checking on it on my iPhone, too. I use it to communicate with just about all of my friends. Whenever I want to take the boat out, I just post a status inviting whomever can make it on a given day.

Most importantly, I never would have heard of Steve Grand if not for Facebook!

[​IMG]

15. Hexagon

I have facebook, and only really use it to talk to my friend who seems allergic to email. Not fond of it in the slightest.

16. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use it a lot. Many people seem to talk about how it's full of annoying people, but I just don't friend the annoying people.

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use it, but some of the people in my class seem to think nothing is real until it's on Facebook. And the way it's used is annoying; a friend of mine broke up with his girlfriend, and straight after, changed his relationship status and deleted all his photos with her. That act of childishness annoyed me, and a lot of that sort of thing happens. :dry:

18. LinkLarkin

No, I still like Facebook :slight_smile: My biggest gripe with it at the moment is that people buy inactive fan pages and start posting a load of bullshit on them, at which point I've learned the hard way to quickly unlike those pages before they start posting offensive images.

But as for people moving over to new social networks, I'm on a few different ones which I don't use anywhere near as much as Facebook, and I'm only friends on those ones with a tiny fraction of the people I'm facebook friends with. It's still pretty active in my social circles.

19. timo

No, I really like it too. It helps me to stay in touch with people who live on the other side of the country (or even abroad), and it's like my personal database with photos of everything and everyone. I wouldn't want to lose that.

Edit: and I use it to chat. So much faster than email, so much easier than typing on a phone.

#39 timo, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  20. FightingShadows

I like Facebook too. The only thing I hate about it is how it changes so many freaking times!