Do you accept yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FucSoc, Jul 24, 2013.

1. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Yes fully, when I was a bit younger it was hard because of peer pressure I felt that I was ODD being gay and it's only when you get the support around you that this seems to change, well it did for me.
    I have come to accept myself and be proud of my sexuality, and although everyday is a struggle at the moment I have no problem accepting that I am gay

2. ScatteredEarth

I accept myself to an extent. Sure there are times where I just want to say to myself that I'm only attracted to women and it drives me mad to know that even if I do end up with a wife, I'll always have attractions to other men. I can't ever see myself adopting a child either. If I have kids I want them to be MY kids, from MY loins. It scares me to know that this is only a 50/50 chance. Once I start thinking about it, I overthink it and it just becomes a problem. So I learned that if I'm to accept who I am, I just can't dwell on who I am.

3. lukeluvznicki13

For me, it is taking me a while to accept who I am because I only just recently realised that I have feelings for guys too.
    I guess I need to get use to it but I worry about whether if I should tell anyone or not.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course I accept who I am, finally.

The only choice I have is to serve, to live with this aspect of myself, and to do so willingly (I think a thread will be born soon on this very topic)...

5. Deb

Deb

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes I feel embarrassed, that's the biggest negative feeling I get. Like I wish I could just wake up tomorrow and just be a girl, and not have to go through the transition process. To not have the people close to me judge me, or think of me in a negative light. To not have those awkward moments before the hormones can take full effect, be in that horrible "in-between" stage.

Hopefully that will get better once I start making progress towards transition.

6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I don't like the fact that I'm trans*, it does bother me, but I don't really have a choice. I can't live as female, so I'll have to accept myself at some point.

My sexuality has never really bothered me. I'm attracted to an assortment of people. It's great.

7. fluffyhandcuff

I've always accepted myself. Maybe that's because I've always been a supporter of equality even before I questioned my orientation. I've always thought: if I can't accept myself, who else will be able to?
    When I realized that I was attracted to women, I was just thinking "cool, good to know", basically. Never hoped for being straight either because I knew it was never going to happen, why fight it? lol

8. Lewis

I accept that I am gay, but I'm not proud of it. What is there to be proud of? I haven't achieved anything. I am proud that I overcame the negative aspects of being gay and finally did accept myself, but being gay itself isn't something to be proud of. The same as having brown hair isn't.

Right now I'm still struggling to tell my parents. It's their dreams I don't want to shatter. I don't want them to be constantly worrying about me and having to go through the stage of accepting that I'm not going to be the personal they envisaged.

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do, and YES it took a long time. But now, I love being gay. It's forced me think in ways most other people don't and look at life from a different angle. It's not only made me a smarter person but a better one.

10. Oxelotl

For the most part yes. 85% yes. While I'm gay, and I've accepted that, and I understand that that would never change, a part of me can't help but a bit guilty, or shameful for being gay. I'm proud of accepting myself, not proud of actually being myself. But with time, if I continued living my life this way, I'm pretty sure I'd get used to it.

11. SomeNights

I want to say through most of high school and middle school I thought I was such a terrible person and that i was just wrong.

fast forward to about 2 or 3 years ago when I left for college I is when I finally realized that I'm just fine and okay with myself

12. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

No, I cannot accept being attracted to guys. I cant even come to call myself gay and still believe that I might be Bi (which I wish, best of both worlds and all).

13. timo

You've worded this far better than I could but this is why I seem to be unable to tell my parents.

Earlier I wrote that I'm opening up and start being more comfortable with being gay, but that's only around friends. As far as my parents know I'm still their straight son and the thought of coming out to them frightens me, exactly for the reasons you described.

14. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been making strides in accepting myself. I've always kind of felt this way, and it never used to bother me - really it's just societal things that have made me feel ashamed, not fitting into the little boxes and such. When I'm alone I tend to be less bothered than when I'm out in public.

15. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is my answer to the Question :slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]uj8C43r4zm0[/YOUTUBE]

16. Simply Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really do accept myself. It took a while and many different labels, but now I love myself-homoromantic and bisexual, but I just call myself gay. I love myself, and it's time for other people toward to love me too...

17. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some days are better then others. I recognize I'm gay and I know I'll fully accept myself in a few years but today is not the day :frowning2:

18. Martjain

Luckily I've always accepted myself, it's not me who has the problem.
    But I don't go shouting I'm bisexual everywhere I go, throughout my life I've been cautious about whom I tell, not because I have a problem, but because others may have a problem, and that may have consequences. Now I'm beginning to be more open about whom I tell.

19. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate lying, so it was actually pretty natural for me to accept it almost on the spot and then come out not too much later, afterwards.

I'm glad my parents are as supportive (or at least not anti-gay) as they are ^^

20. BreannaToBrian

I like being autistic and transgender maybe too much. I mean, when I first figured out I am trans, it was terrifying and exciting but I never hated myself for it. Actually after finding my gender identity a lot of missing pieces came together and I became very very happy with myself.

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2013 at 04:57 PM ----------

I had that thought come into mind a couple of times but I quickly found out that autism hardly has an impact on gender at all. I'm part of an online community specialized in autism, asperger's, etc. and I've browsed around in the forums paying attention of the girl members there and have found that they couldn't relate to what I'm facing. The website also had a LGBT forum and learned more information on the matter.