1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures of the Royal Baby Published

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Not what we expected

[​IMG]

2. BornInTexas

3. Foxface

an I ask without offending anyone...why do we all care about this family? I just don't get it

greta picute btw

Foxface

4. Beware Of You

Sadly as a Brit this little baby is now more important that me, and since I am still toying with the idea of becoming a reservist would one day become my boss..

Monarchies are great right.... Not

5. MichaelB

Why do you care so much? It's no different when any other celebrity couple has a baby, lol.

6. Hexagon

Not so. This baby will probably grow up to be our head of state, unless we can destroy the monarchy first.

7. LinkLarkin

How unhappy does William look?! Haha.

I wish I could explain it to you. I'm British and a British citizen and I don't even understand. They contribute nothing to our society, they're meaningless, powerless figureheads, yet everybody is obsessed with them. An unwelcome reminder of the past and an unnecessary appeal to tradition.

I'm onboard with this. Count me in.

8. fluffyhandcuff

LOL calm down, you know that the British king/queen has a representative role nowadays, right? It's a unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy. It's not an absolute monarchy.

9. LinkLarkin

I don't speak for anyone else, but personally I think that's exactly why it should be abolished. At least if they were ruling the country they would be doing something to earn the lifestyle and reputation they enjoy for practically no reason. If all they're doing is representing us then they should get the same societal recognition as any other ambassador instead of sitting about in their enormous palace all day without a care in the world.

10. Lark

Lark Guest

Lol, this is excellent.

As for the monarchy, like Handcuff said, it's merely representative. They don't have any real power, and they do a lot for tourism and diplomacy. I kind of like having them around to provide a figurehead for the country.

God help us if David Cameroon ended up as the face of our nation.

11. Night

Night Guest

Cue repetitive "fuck the monarchy" comments.

12. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

lol thank you! or sharing

13. Hexagon

And contaminate my dick? I don't think so.

14. LinkLarkin

Wow. Thanks for your thoughtful and insightful contribution to the discussion.

Like I said previously, nobody's forcing you to click on this thread if you know there are going to be things in here that might upset you.

If you don't share my opinion and positively HAVE to make sure I know that, at least have the decency to form a meaningful, well-rounded counter argument instead of just firing off sarcastic comments at me and everybody who agrees with me just because we happen to hold a different viewpoint to yours. I know ten year olds more mature than that.

15. Beware Of You

People are entitled to an opinion, Me, hexagon etc. have reasons to be a republican we are allowed to be in the same way you can make such a comment.

If you want to make a valid point for keeping them make one :slight_smile:

16. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Very Very Funny :roflmao:
    I don't see what all the fuss it about after all, Babies are born every second , it's a baby get over it :roflmao:

17. Sorcerer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The French had the right idea:

[​IMG]

Note: little Georgie excepted, on account of his youth. All the rest though. :lol:

18. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First of all, I'm not a Briton or anything, nor have I ever lived on the British Isles or has ever lived in a British/English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish society or conclave so bear with me.

I am a great advocate for democracy and I think it's important that our leaders are to be elected. And yes, I completely understand that the British Monarchy has not been doing very well in terms of "hard" or "direct" contribution to the society or the state. And yes I do believe that Philip, Big-Ears and nudist Harry require some spanking from the public and the Queen. And it is an absolute shame that there is so much coverage on the new born child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge when that energy and money could be diverted towards reporting about people dying in Syria or actually doing something about it.

But I do believe that there is some sense of tradition to the nation through acts such as tourism and diplomacy. It's a bit like a manifestation of History. In fact Her Majesty is what attracted me to Britain in the first place.

I think we should also keep in mind that the current Royal family is a lot better than the Al Sauds in Saudi Arabia which actively would execute people like us publicly.

My Conclusion:
    There are flaws in this constitutional monarchy, but it's not a reason to start a revolution, or to overthrow the Windsors. At least not any time soon.

Well I'm guessing this is the most moderate viewpoint from the royalist side...

19. fluffyhandcuff

Well I do agree with that, I'm not a big fan of this whole thing because I don't see any reason why they should be better than the rest of Britain. I was just saying that there is no reason to start a revolution or anything because it's not like anyone's being suppressed by the Royal Family (as an example). I was just making the difference between constitutional and absolute monarchy clear.