1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interracial Relationships

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jared, Jul 23, 2013.

?

Have you been in an interracial relationship?

1. Yes, I'm in an interracial relationship

13 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Yes, I've had one in the past

24 vote(s)
    19.8%
  3. No, I've had a relationship but not an interracial one

26 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. Never had a relationship :(

58 vote(s)
    47.9%
  1. AKTodd

I was in a three year relationship with a Hispanic guy (Panamanian actually).

Although, since I'm 1/4 black, I suppose almost any relationship I'm in could be interracial.

Todd:slight_smile:

2. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I am of mixed race, my mom is white and my dad is black.
    I would be open to having an interracial relationship. Growing up, I've not really had a lot of black friends or been attracted to other races. I've found myself usually attracted to Caucasian women. Though I've been open to dating all races of women.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being gay is largely independent from race, and I think the prevalence of interracial relationships are a factor of the current climate of greater diversity (at least in the US). A lot of my straight friends are in interracial relationships (many are even married).

4. catatonie

we're both brown but it feels interracial sometimes because i forget i'm brown and he speaks in tongues and i used to drink coors on a regular basis.

5. blueberrymuffin

There's probably some truth to the 'more accepting' or 'less picky' theory, but I think part of the reason is that we simply tend to congregate in areas, like college towns, that already have more diversity than the rural swamps. Also, there's usually a limited area for gay bars and such, so that draws people from all races, whereas the mostly hetero parts of the city are pretty segregated by race.

6. VelvetEYES

I have been in one. Will be in some more. Seeing as I'm an already an ethnic minority and in the LGBT community, I'd have to work really hard to date only inside my race. Such a small dating pool already. Why on earth would I limit myself even more?

7. Amerigo

i want to date every race :slight_smile:

8. leer

not had a relationship with a guy of a different race I have in the past kissed groped a guy of another race thats as far as it got .

9. AmityRanch

I've never actually dated anyone of another race, actually; and to be perfectly honest, I don't ever really want to.
    I'm only attracted to other white guys, I guess. :slight_smile:

10. Munyal

I would date whoever I am attracted to, which is a wonderful personality. Race is not a barrier in my mind.

11. yidnah87

I'm white with almost all American ancestry in my immediate family, and currently dating a guy who's 3/4 Filipino and 1/4 Italian. Years ago I dated a woman who was half Mexican. Most of the other men that I've been with, dating or otherwise, have been other races. I have no hangups when it comes to dating someone of a different race.

12. Mariall

Now that I think about it, all of the gay couples I know are interracial XD True I don't know many, but for the ones I do know one partner is usually Latin American :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: