1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch this incredibly powerful presentation on depression by a 19 year old activist

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chip, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been up a month and already has over 400,000 views. This message really needs to be heard.

[YOUTUBE]C3yqXeLJ0Kg[/YOUTUBE]​

2. MerBear

Re: Watch this incredibly powerful presentation on depression by a 19 year old activi

wow! I love this :slight_smile: It is powerful

3. Aielar

Re: Watch this incredibly powerful presentation on depression by a 19 year old activi

As someone going through depression, this video (and the speaker) is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

4. Jonathan

Great video. The only problem I had with it was when he characterized depression as being sad when things in your life are going right. For me, I have always felt that depression is not a feeling in and of itself, it's the lack of feeling. When I'm going through a bout of depression, I'm not sad, mad, happy or anything...I am just there. It's an overall sense of nothing-ness where I can't feel anything at all. That's why I don't like when people generalize depression as an extreme sense of sadness. I think that is just misleading and furthering a misconception to those who have had the luck never to go through depression.

5. ViolinGirl8

ViolinGirl8 Guest

Wow. Thank you for posting this. So strong.