1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you guys think about rain ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Key09, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Dani3l

Jesus, calm down. I wasn't disapproving your taste in weather. I was just gleefully stating that a lot of people in here like the complete opposite meteorological conditions that I do.
    Text over the internet doesn't convey the tone of voice, that's probably the problem.

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well, there's no such thing as a "weather orientation" that's comparable to sexual orientation; people had to have had reasons for why they chose to like the rain over the sun. Generally rain is associated with darkness, gloom, misery, depression, it can get you soaked, ruin clothes, ruin plans (particularly outdoor events), flood homes and destroy property and drown people, even strike you with lightning. A thunderstorm can knock out power and make things miserable. As Gen mentioned, it also encourages the spread of dirt and disease. Also you can get depression from cloudy rainy days, you need sunlight for both physical and psychological health. So it seems to me, on a rational basis, rain is at best a necessary evil.

So many people on here are saying they prefer rainy days to sunny days that I think you all are just being contrarians...but it's backfired since the majority of people here decided to try to be contrarians too. :lol:

If anything gay guys should be more likely to prefer sun to rain, since it's bright and gentle and warm and pretty, like gay boys, whereas violent grey thunderstorms are more like straight guys imo. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But then again, it takes both sun and rain to produce a rainbow! :newcolor: (Though the rainbow only appears once the rain has stopped and the sun has come out :wink:)

3. thatoneguy81

Since in Illinois, where I live, rain is usually accompanied by something bad like lightning, a flood, hail and the occasional tornado, I hate rain! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Gibson85

just rained here a little other day and I was happy feeling.

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It was good whilst it lasted :slight_smile:

6. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I love rain. Im more likely to go outside when its raining then when its sunny. Its just refreshing and keeps all the annoying people indoors. The only downside to it are floods and people with big umbrellas that always get in the way (Im tall :/).

7. Simply Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Living in the desert, I totally agree with the people who love rain. I adore monsoon season in Arizona. Rain is absolutely beautiful-I feel like I'm at my best when it rains, no matter what I'm doing. I just feel alive and happy whenever it rains.

8. Adarya

I love it when it rains or thunderstorms. Here in Minnesota the spring is great for rain. I always listen to it hitting the top of the house and if it's not completely down-pouring then going for a walk or biking through it is always refreshing. I would rather be out in the rain than any other type of weather.

The smell after it rains has to be one of my favorites :slight_smile: I love rain in general.

9. Honestly, I hate rain. It limits me, it keeps me confined in my house, where I can't really be myself. I'm out to my parents, but everyone else... they're still in the dark. It makes me want to live somewhere in the desert, like in Arizona. I love cool, dry summer nights with a full moon, just like tonight :slight_smile:

10. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    I like the feel of warm rain, though it does ruin events and what not like Rakkaus said.

From an outside perspective, I find it romantic/dramatic...

I guess I like it sometimes, and hate it other times.

11. Harve

There is a 'weather orientation' - SAD is a recognised disease. It's also chronic in the North and West of the UK, and Scandinavia, and could also partially explain why my city has a life expectancy 6-8 years lower than the south-east of England. But there's also Reverse SAD, which is a lot rarer:

BBC News - Reverse Sad: Why springtime can be bad for depression sufferers

Most people find SAD logical because most people enjoy sun, but the truth is that neither have too much 'logic' at all - they just are.

Sorry to go all mental health. :grin:

12. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rakkaus's response is the way I responded the way I did.

Sunny skies legitimately make me feel physically ill, depressed, and genuinely more pissed off about the day. Do not imply I'm "insane" because of it, so help me [insert preferred call to a deity or secular phrase representing a similar sentiment here].

#92 Browncoat, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  13. MerBear

arguments over rain? i did not expect that 0_o

I love storms. does that count? :grin:

14. I love rain. When you live in SoCal, it never rains unless it's winter. It can rain in any other area in the US like the midwest, the Bible Belt, Great Lakes area, and the Eastern Seaboard at any time so I can see why some of you guys hate rain.

Sometimes when it has been very sunny for months and it starts to drizzle in July (which hardly happens), the smell of rain when it hits the ground is just kinda unpleasant to me. I don't like the fact that it gets like 90 degrees the day after it drizzles cuz it feels very steamy.

I like it better when it constantly rains. I just like the sound.

15. FRxEQxLO

Out Status:
    A few people
    I love rain very much cause it's calming, soothing, incredible, wet, awesome, superb, lovely and rainy, even though it brings back memories, emotions and thoughts which I don't want to remember. But rain is awesome, that can't be changed