1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got anxiety

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayJay, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have it, but I seem to be the odd one out on refusing to take medication for it or my depression. I think that's because I think that anxiety and depression medication has made my father go mad, and I don't want that happening to me.

2. ArcaneVerse

I have General Anxiety, Social Anxiety, I also have panic attacks and I've been Agoraphobic for 8 ish years. Oh and depression as well.

I dont have much advice for you unfortunately, mostly I just wanted to let you know that your not alone in suffering from anxiety. I personally dont take medication, I should but I dont, however there are some medications that are just for emergency uses or if you know your going to be in a situation that causes you to be anxious, you can take it beforehand as a preventative measure. I would suggest looking into those types of medications for your job interview, there are natural alternatives too that work great (i haven't tried the natural options, but my mother and a few other people I know have used them)

If you dont wish to use medication or any natural option, which is perfectly fine, there are a few things I do to help keep myself calm when I have to go places or am in an unavoidable social situation. Firstly I always keep a bottle of water around, keeps my hands busy and can be used to give pause when you need time to gather your thoughts before replying to someone. Secondly, deep breathing works wonders, breath in for 5 or so seconds and then out for another 5 making sure you don't rush it. I also keep gum or mints or something like that with me as I tend to feel nauseous when I'm anxious and they along with the water help a lot.

Hope that helps.

3. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My anxiety keeps me from leaving the house, I'm afraid of contact with people and because of it I'm unemployed.

Currently only taking an as-needed sedative Vistaril.

4. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

I get so nervous all the time about anything. I had several job interviews, i'd go and try to be myself, not being someone else, the decision is up to them. The last interview i had was for a job in a librairy section in a supermarket, and i got it because reading is my passion and it was easy to talk about it during the interview. If it a job you really want or like, you'll find it easy. Practice makes your perfect is also true, the more interviews you do , the more comfortable you'll be.