If they developed a pill that would turn you strait...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lunarchy, Jul 13, 2013.

1. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm fine with myself...even if I weren't, I wouldn't take them as I've never believed in psychiatry. Not by any stretch of the imagination would I think meds could cure anything.

2. AKTodd

No. Because, at the end of the day, the only people who the 'problem' of being gay actually bothers are a subset of those who don't have it (and most, maybe all, of their problem is just a figment of their imagination). Everything else is a product of their efforts to get everyone else to agree with them. I refuse to change myself for the sake of other people's emotional complacency.

Besides, being attracted to and having sex with guys feels AWESOME!

Todd:thumbsup:

3. srslywtf

4. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No the reason is I don't believe that it would be possible and also even if it was would not take it just fro principle of that you are who you are.

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really much of a sex butterfly, and never really have been, so if I DID take the pill, I don't think it would change me much.

6. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very, very tempting but probably not. As hard as the transition has been for me at this age, I don't think I could agree to be changed into somebody who I'm not. It would be easier though, but still no.

7. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yep. Screw this.
    Straight life=Easier
    Finding a girl who likes me=easier
    Being able to maintain a relationship=Easier

8. jus1kis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow. I felt so shameful to say any of this because it might imply that I have no pride. I completely agree with ^^^

9. biggayguy

When I was in denial I would have taken that pill in a heart beat. I've worked too hard now to get where I am. I like my bisexuality even though it causes conflict at times.

10. CreativeGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's the exactly same way that i think about this subject. I would NEVER take that pill :icon_bigg . Fist of all, i'm not making any generalizations, but from whats i've seen, gay people are so much more kind, delicate, and care about life, familly and friends in a way that a heterosexual never will. Second, the gays are taking over the world and of course i want to be a part of that (!)

11. Pilgrim is hot

if you asked me a couple of years ago definitely but nowadays I am very happy with who I am so no.

12. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

Maybe.. I'm not sure.

13. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Well, it depends - if I do go out with my crush, then no, but if I'll never get him, then yes; I'd take it.

14. Jared

No I wouldn't. I've through too much of a painful journey accepting who I am and I like the person it made me and I wouldn't want to throw it away. Also I'd miss my boyfriend too much, I'm really happy with him.

15. wayne1983

Even though it causes problems and heartache i dont think i would, it would strip a part of the character from me.

16. Just Jess

You know I have a different way of looking at this question every time I read it.

A big part of me would want to try to get ahold of the pills that make me like men, and the pills that make me like women. My sexuality just isn't a very important part of me like it used to be. I love my partner very much, but my liking women is just one more thing that gets in the way of my transition and people accepting me as a woman. It is entirely cosmetic to me, because society expects me to like boys half the time and like girls half the time, and honestly the bond this hell has created between my partner and I goes far beyond anything two people having sex can reach. It used to be that we'd brag about sticking together when we couldn't pay the electricity. So why wouldn't I want to just be able to wipe away that part of my identity away like so much make up?

But I still wouldn't do it.

Would I take a pill that made me comfortable being a man? No. No noble reason though, nothing to do with self acceptance or me being out to a lot of people now. It's just that I'd see it as other people telling me who I should or shouldn't be. People tell men that it's shameful to be a woman. People tell women the same thing for that matter. And as much as fighting to be me all the time has sucked, it's given me a taste for defining who I am as a person, rather than letting other people define me.

It's my opinion that those pills would be abused by society, and if I took it, I'd be telling everyone I was okay with it. For example, I think people in more masculine roles like being in the military would be given those pills and expected to take them. I don't think that's unrealistic; it already pisses me off that chemical castration is a punishment people consider for certain crimes. And that's nothing more than giving someone HRT as a punishment. I hate rapists just as much as everyone else does. But to me, controlling who people are with pills is, itself, really really wrong and something I would fight against as hard as I could.

So I wouldn't just not take those pills. I'm not going to say what I'd do with them though because people as young as 13 come to this site.

17. Rexmond

No.

Lmao.

18. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

If you took a "straight pill" (if that existed), you'd know longer like women in the same way. It's rather like straight people saying "but 'x' is so hot, how could you not like them? *shock face*" Yeah well, take your attraction and flip it around and you know how gay people feel.

If I may be so facetious as to point that out. No harm meant by it. ^.^

I may have said this before, since obviously this thread gets reproduced every 2-3 weeks, but my eccentric personality is such that I don't think I'd be any better or worse off being 100% straight. It'd still be hard for me to find people that are equally eccentric (which of course is what I'd prefer in a partner).

So, that being considered, I'd like a pill that could turn me completely 50/50. Romantically, physically, visually, and sexually. Right now, each of those variables are different...it's rather annoying and can be ridiculously confusing...

---------------------------------------
    Ah, good, someone found Owen's response. It's probably a better explanation for what I described first off:

#38 Browncoat, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  19. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like a major dick for saying yes. But it's true. Assumedly I would still be happy with my orientation right? Sure, I would miss the amazing LGBT community, but I wouldn't need the support of it anyways.

20. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would not tkae it,and my mother would really agree with me,she really dosent like medication that play with your mind/hormones.