1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you fancy/date someone with acne?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Holly, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Holly

I know many people find it unattractive, and I completely see why. I just wondered if it's a factor on whether you find someone attractive or not.

I suppose I just wanted to know if people would actually like me or not. It's flared up recently...

2. Fifty Ways

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Acne can be distracting, but usually isn't a deal-breaker.

3. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Of course I would, I always look at the personality of the person and it's what comes from deep within a person that counts.
    Yes it might be nice to be with someone who looks goods, but more people should look past the exterior and concentrate on the persons inner self

4. HeyAshley

it depends. if it's out of control and their face looks greasy and disgusting then it's a deal breaker. because you can do something about it.

but some people just get a little bit of acne and can't help it, that's fine.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not a deal breaker, unless it is completely out of control and the person's general grooming is also poor. It waxes and wanes. It then goes away. I had it and it sort of went away during college, with a return about 2 years later due to stress. Don't stress over it.

6. rjrh20

I would say it shouldn't be a deal breaker if they are trying to get rid of it and cant help it. Although if their face is like greasy and theres like pimples everywhere it might be a deal breaker. Just depends.

7. Aster Tataricus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ashley has a point. If it's just a little it's not such a big deal.

Besides, having acne says a lot about that person. Either they don't clean their face or shower regularly (poor hygiene) or they have a lot of stress.

I don't mind the later cause stess comes and goes, but a person with poor hygiene and a face full of acne, spots etc. is a DEALBREAKER x_x

8. KingdomKeyDK

I really wouldn't mind, just as long as they are a nice person.

9. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Yeah I wouldn't see it as a dealbreaker unless the person doesnt care about good hygene at all, which is unhealthy and unappealing for a whole different set of reasons. Some of the cutest guys in my grade had a bit of acne =o

10. Aielar

It'd only be a problem if they weren't trying to do anything about it (such as putting a cleansing cream on, etc), but otherwise it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

11. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, as long as they're clean it's fine. I know what it's like to have horrible acne so I wouldn't judge for that. >.<

12. sexyalex

i've never used acne as a deal breaker. Not saying i'd consciously date someone with acne,
    i'm just saying it's never been an issue for me if the person meets my "5 precious stones" criteria.

13. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If the whole face would be covered... it would start being less atracted to the person

14. Mystory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I remember meeting someone with really bad acne and really bad facial skin... but his eyes were a beautiful blue/grey, and his skin, in spite of its blemishes was a beautiful tan. He had a very nice and masculine face and eyes wide apart with short brown hair. He also had a very nice body too :wink:. I had a crush on him until he left.

I remember meeting a girl. She was so quiet and shy and would always tie her hair up in the most pretty way. I could tell that she was aware of her burns but that didn't stop her from being fearless either. She had very pretty eyes and nice full red lips and, for what it was worth, very delicate facial features. she had a very distant look in her eye, and I could tell that she wasn't on earth at that moment. She had the longest, blackest eye lashes. She moved gracefully but with a steady insecurity in her gait, as if unsure if she should be moving with such paradoxical confidence. I thought she was a very beautiful girl.

15. castle walls

I really don't think acne matters in regards to how attractive I find them to be. To me, acne is pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things

16. Briluvely

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Smart and funny always comes first for me

17. Gen

Gen

As long as it is genetic and not hygienic than I wouldn't have a problem with it. Everyone deals with it too some degree. It would be pretty shitty of me to reject someone simply because I have been lucky enough to hardly deal with skin blemishes.

It reminds me of my opinion stretch marks. I think I would be more annoyed with someone who doesn't have any of either. I hate those people. I have very nice skin, but I am definitely not without my blemishes every now and then.

Why do they get to be so perfect? >:{

18. JuanJose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Like many of the good folks above me have said, as long as its hygienic and the person is clean, its no deal breaker. And I'm right there with you Holly, mine started to flare at the beginning of the summer and I'm just now getting it back under control, thank goodness.

19. srslywtf

If someone takes care of themselves, there's no reason why I wouldnt.

It's a little gross but it goes away as you get older. maybe not completely, but mostly. and then once you figure out the best treatment for you, it's practically non-existant.

Benzoyl peroxide worked best for me. with that it's completely gone as an adult and was 60% gone in my teenage years (after I'd found it.. thanks go to the doctor for suggesting EVERYTHING else, including the crazy pills before that.. ehh)

As for sex without dating, it'd certainly count against my evaluation of someone, but again, I wouldn't avoid them just because of it unless it was completely untreated in full flare

20. justjade

I was a seriously pizza-faced teen, so acne doesn't really bother me. It's just something that happens.