Runescape

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Yuri, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Yuri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I was just wondering if anyone on here used to play Runescape or still does.

I used to be obsessed with the game for about 2 1/2 years. I spent a lot of money and countless hours glued to my computer screen. It was actually fairly unhealthy, but I continued to play. The only reason I stopped on level 147 is because I was hacked and my account was muted. It kinda sucks to play when you can't talk to anyone and when a jerk get rid of all your crap.

Anyways, thinking about starting a new account all these years later. Anyone got some tips?

2. Ticklish Fish

like years ago in 6 and 7th grade alongside Adventure Quest

3. GrandSummoner

Back in elementary/middle school me and a bunch would play it a lot. I really liked it, and it was my first experience with an MMO. After a while though the magic system really started to bug me. I always play as a mage or priest in games, and if the magic system sucks I lose interest.

The only advice I can think of is stay out of the pvp zone and practice basic crafts particularly cooking, it's always a good idea to have food on hand to heal especially when exploring new areas.

4. Hiems

I used to play this in middle school with my friends. It was the only time that I've ever played online games with friends IRL.

Using magic spells to snipe people at the wilderness entrance was fun. Yup, I was one of those guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Some players who didn't know better or lagged walked into the entrance, consequently getting barraged by many relatively OP players and losing every piece of equipment. Then every surrounding player would fight over the drops like madmen, or they were exclusive for the player who killed the victim (I forgot what happened, lol).

And I used to grind at that place with the giants and farm for big bones. I think you needed a key to enter that area? Fun times...

5. The username

What is level 147? :confused:

I had a strong urge to play, so I played for a few hours this past weekend. I am honestly so bored with it and don't know what to do...

I would buy membership if Jamflex released the new skill, but it appears they are going to do that in late August, and I don't want to play when the semester starts.

6. MichaelB

The overall combat level of your character.

I used to play when I was younger, mainly 8/9/10. But I moved onto bigger things, namely WoW, and once you taste better graphics in MMO's, it's hard to go back to the brick state of Runescape.

7. Holly

I played it a lot when I was younger. It was my gaming phase, which fortunately for my parents sanity I have moved on from.

8. The username

Oh right. I forgot about EOC lol, was used to it being 138 max.

They are releasing RS3 soon with better graphics. Don't know how good it will be, plus I have heard people complain the servers can barley handle it at the moment.

9. Ahri

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've played since 2007? But I stopped last year. Non mems got boring. And then the combat thing came put and ew. I still go on just to collect event items although I missed the halloween

10. Acanthophis

Out Status:
    A few people
    I played from roughly 2002 to 2007. After two years of actually playing the game it became mostly social for me. I remember telling everyone I was a girl and actually switching the gender of my character to female, I think I "played" as a girl for 4 years. It was incredibly difficult telling all of the friends I made there that I'm actually a guy. Looking back at it now, I realise just how confused about my sexuality I was, it was the only way I could justify liking men. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I play. Started in 2005 or so and quit in 2011 until a few months ago. I'm mostly on Old School now.

12. Sardonic

I'm a closet scaper, I had a surgery several years ago that got me stuck at home for over a year and Runescape was my social life for that time... thousands and thousands of hours. But hey, I'm within the top 1k rank... I don't know whether to be proud or embarassed

13. TGgamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Made an account a long time ago, stopped playing after high school. Got bored one day, then remembered RS. Decided to start playing again. Quit for awhile, then recently started again. Gets boring when you don't know people and most characters around you are bots. -.-

14. damico

damico Guest

I still play RS. :slight_smile:
    I just signed up for another month of Membership, it gets boring by myself though.

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A semi-recent update managed to wipe out most of the bots. Now some previously bustling places are totally deserted XD.